• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] What attracts an ENFP male and how do you keep him?

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My major problem with ENFPs is that they are just all over the place, unless you happen to see one on a regular basis through uni, work etc it's almost impossible to get hold of them since the ones I have met don't really believe in replying to emails or text messages etc. They are fascinating but just so bloody elusive, it sometimes seems pointless to invest any energy in building the friendship/relationship with them since not much is coming back.

Yup. Pretty much. They can go from making you feel like the centre of the universe to freezing you out in a heartbeat. It's kinda disorienting. Much of the time they have no idea what effect they have on others either...

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
blue...you too!? damn...you people.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
They can go from making you feel like the centre of the universe to freezing you out in a heartbeat.

It's really not that. It takes some work to get yourself frozen out, but it is possible. If you aren't returning (or the ENFP doesn't know you are returning) their intense attention then you run a serious risk of being downgraded on the attention list. This can happen in relationships or friendships.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
They can go from making you feel like the centre of the universe to freezing you out in a heartbeat.

blue...you too!? damn...you people.
See what I mean?
:D

It takes some work to get yourself frozen out, but it is possible. If you aren't returning (or the ENFP doesn't know you are returning) their intense attention then you run a serious risk of being downgraded on the attention list. This can happen in relationships or friendships.

Yeah. But you guys can be pretty paranoid too, you must admit, and pretty demanding. Most people aren't capable of THAT much intensity ALL of the time. That's why you end up disappointed so often. Chill a little. Take the rough with the smooth. Don't sweat the small stuff.
Just sayin.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Yeah. But you guys can be pretty paranoid too, you must admit, and pretty demanding. Most people aren't capable of THAT much intensity ALL of the time. That's why you end up disappointed so often. Chill a little. Take the rough with the smooth. Don't sweat the small stuff. Just sayin.

NO!

You scare me, you know too much.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i've said it before but i'm sayin it again ne paranoia is a straight up bitch. :)

and no i DON'T see what you mean?! because my ne reads that so many different ways! ahhh!! damn...you people!

just kidding...kisses blue...you know i love ya! that is unless you want to fight...are you trying to fight? haha

Valhallahereicome

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w7
Hmm, in my admittedly limited experience you must be driven and fascinating on some level to catch an ENFP guy's attention. They are looking for someone with depth, strength, and wisdom - be prepared for a lot of long, soulful talks. But since they're always bouncing all over the place looking for new experiences, you should be pretty gung-ho and adventurous yourself. Trying to be shy and demure won't get you anywhere. Neither will being fake or frivolous.

As to how to keep one - show him a strength of character and passion that he doesn't have in himself. He'll be drawn to your depth and want to explore, understand, and emulate you. At the same time, make sure never to tie him down and enthusiastically encourage him on his adventures, and either go along or go on your own adventures and tell him all about them later.

Of course, I have to put in a caveat that I've never been in a relationship with an ENFP male. But I've been asked to be in one, so maybe that counts for something.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^ that's actually really good, i think. :)

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
just kidding...kisses blue...you know i love ya! that is unless you want to fight...are you trying to fight? haha

Moi? :whistling:
Valhallahereicome said:
At the same time, make sure never to tie him down and enthusiastically encourage him on his adventures, and either go along or go on your own adventures and tell him all about them later.

That doesn't really work....when you keep ending up on opposite sides of the planet!

Valhallahereicome

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w7
^^ that's actually really good, i think. :)

Thanks! It's also partly culled from what I like as an INFP... glad it seems to work!

That doesn't really work....when you keep ending up on opposite sides of the planet!

Ahaha, and there you have why I turned down the latest ENFP male's request to be in a relationship. No, I cannot fly out to France and keep you company... ENFPs' lives are just too exciting!

Sorry though, I'm not really sure what to do in that situation!

Hyperions Shadow

MBTI Type
ENFP
I know that I have a hard time keeping in touch, especially when I'm busy. Sometimes once I get the time to reply to something I feel like it's way too late to reply so I'll start a new conversation about something else. Often times if I'm still busy I'll lose touch again. It's not something I'm proud of, but it happens that way all too often, and it doesn't mean I'm not interested in keeping in touch with the person. It's also something I always feel horrible about.

I also have a tendency to contact people I thought were interesting, but haven't kept in touch with for years.

I don't know if any of this is particularly helpful, but maybe it sheds some light on how an ENFP brain works or at least how this one works.

ring the bell

I know that I have a hard time keeping in touch, especially when I'm busy. Sometimes once I get the time to reply to something I feel like it's way too late to reply so I'll start a new conversation about something else. Often times if I'm still busy I'll lose touch again. It's not something I'm proud of, but it happens that way all too often, and it doesn't mean I'm not interested in keeping in touch with the person. It's also something I always feel horrible about.

I also have a tendency to contact people I thought were interesting, but haven't kept in touch with for years.

I don't know if any of this is particularly helpful, but maybe it sheds some light on how an ENFP brain works or at least how this one works.

I'm glad you were honest about this. An ENFP that I know has this problem, but I don't think he really has any remorse at all for how he can make other people feel. It's like he just drops people with no explanation and then pops back up monthes later as if no one should be surprised. I guess I'm not really surprised anymore myself after several times of it happening.

G

garbage

Often times if I'm still busy I'll lose touch again. It's not something I'm proud of, but it happens that way all too often, and it doesn't mean I'm not interested in keeping in touch with the person. It's also something I always feel horrible about.

I think I tend to do this too.. I haven't talked to my best friends from my hometown since I moved away. I don't talk to anyone from high school. Since I feel so guilty about it, it's hard for me to initiate communication with them again.

For some, this phenomenon is okay.. they accept me "coming back." But most of these people are likely just acquaintances who didn't have much to lose by "losing me" in the first place.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm glad you were honest about this. An ENFP that I know has this problem, but I don't think he really has any remorse at all for how he can make other people feel. It's like he just drops people with no explanation and then pops back up monthes later as if no one should be surprised. I guess I'm not really surprised anymore myself after several times of it happening.

Yep. 'Cos you know, we can just put our lives on hold until you get your shit together, or you run out of money, or you get disallusioned with your latest friend/project/lover.

/not bitter or anything ;)

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Yep. 'Cos you know, we can just put our lives on hold until you get your shit together, or you run out of money, or you get disallusioned with your latest friend/project/lover.

/not bitter or anything ;)

Pfft, yeah, like INTPs have a life!

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ok, I will give away what I believe the secret is to an ENFP:) Listen to them. I know it sounds stupid and basic, but they will tell you what they like. ENFP will not force anything onto you. Listen to what they like and let them know what you like. In the process you will learn so much about them and they will in turn learn about you. This is the stage where they are seeing how they feel about you. Pick up hints like getting a phone number or them wanting to hang around a little more or opening up to things they like. They are feeling you out. The more they open up the more they will reveal what they like to do.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
well...first of all poki...i don't like you people knowing things about us/me so stop it.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Yeah poki is a little scary! I've noticed that before.