User Tag List

First 3456 Last

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    Ok, I will give away what I believe the secret is to an ENFP Listen to them. I know it sounds stupid and basic, but they will tell you what they like.
    That's good advice. The ENFP I know irl all you have to do is talk a little about something your into then sit back and listen. Then you ride the conversation. Great to talk to.

I get the feeling I'm making no sense here?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

^^ why wouldn't that make sense? but i can't even the tiniest bit see why that's specific to enfp's doesn't everybody tell you what they like when you talk to them?

that's kind of how it works isn't it?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    ^^ why wouldn't that make sense? but i can't even the tiniest bit see why that's specific to enfp's doesn't everybody tell you what they like when you talk to them?

That's not what I meant. The ENFP I know has a broad range of interests and often has something to add to the conversation.

Of course I only know one tested ENFP irl so it could be just a completely BS availability heuristic I'm using here.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

haha...i wasn't be snarky. i was genuinely asking...i know that i like to get to know people by figuring out what they like...what they're excited about that sort of thing...but i just feel like everybody does that and has something to add to the conversation...but...you're right.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    STP

Thats the kicker. Its all about listening, not fixing and some types will naturally try to fix other types problems. While some types naturally will sit back and listen to other types.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lightyear View Post
    So what attracts an ENFP male? How do you catch him and keep him?
    Err ... one of my best friends is an ENFP male. He is like you said kind of all over the place. He's been more stable recently since he kind of has a career now, but as a young man he was remarkably transient.

I tended to keep in touch with him over the phone, or when I traveled to places he happened to be (I travel a lot). A woman trying to have a relationship with him would either have had to be remarkably tolerant of travel or capable of having a long distance relationship. ENFPs are very entertaining, however. My ENFP friend gave a great speech at my wedding.

haha...i wasn't be snarky. i was genuinely asking...i know that i like to get to know people by figuring out what they like...what they're excited about that sort of thing...but i just feel like everybody does that and has something to add to the conversation...but...you're right.
    People naturally feel that people see the world the same way they see it. I've noticed that tendency in myself.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i guess so...i wish i could see things as others do though...i think it drives me bonkers that i can't.
    -Jim Morrison

I think it's more important to understand yourself. And what you bring to the table.

MBTI
    STP

Ok, this time I will stick to ISTP, I like messing with ENFP, I know what parts of me I can turn around to relate to an ENFP and what parts dont.

As an ISTP I will tell you what I like, I wont tell you what I dont like, this will have to be read into. It can be questioned, but this is opening myself up and a connection needs to exists with an understanding that you will hear what I say and not read into it. We do not want you to read into it that we dont like you or have bad thoughts or feelings toward you, it is the action. Its a comfort thing that you can open up and the person will hear what you say and not take offence. At that point I will also open up and feel like I can tell you what you said that affected me and talk about it without you taking offence.