User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    Yeh, I think in isolation it might not be. I just know as an ENFP it can feel like an observational function almost. There seems to be total awareness of when I don't know things and where the ambiguities are. There isn't really much guess work or subjectivity at all, because everything needs to be contextual, and every situation is a new context. Direct comparisons to previous situations, like many types do to decide what something means or is, aren't really used that much. It's like read each one on its merit and if it is something completely new, adapt your brain to the situation, and understand this new thing.

Another thing we noted in one of the other threads is Fi appears to only have a few set values, the rest is interpretation. The values seem to be along the lines of, "don't cause harm to people", and "don't restrict the freedom of people or harm their ability to reach their potential". There can be a significant difference between what people perceive as doing these things though, which is where some subjectivity may lie.
    Fi is very admirable. It has enriched my life, it has been more out of necessity that have to use some of the other cognitive functions. If I'm Fi dom INFP, it is unlikely that it won't be a significant part of my life again soon.

Quote Originally Posted by happy puppy View Post
    honestly Fi is not so well developed for me. It is a big gaping hole of scariness in there that I wall in with Ne/Te. It lives underneath and I share it with those I trust but it is such a gaping, poorly protected weak spot that I dont always trust it and I struggle to protect it.
    I would say that, Fi is great but similarly I tend to have it protected with Te, mine feels like a weak spot aswell, I think its good to have a sensitive side, it is our humanity truly.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Xellotath View Post
    And this is how I will prove that I'm crazy...

I'm an ENFP, Fi is my supporting function and due to a few personal reasons, I've grown to mistrust it to the point of anxiety.
    I like Ne and it's fun to let it run wild--- but when it gets overactive I am sure to make a complete ass out of myself and I begin to really dislike myself---so I sort of have a love/distrust relationship with Ne. Maybe the same sort of thing, only reversed for you?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I don't hate anything about my primary Fi until people on this forum remind me of how bad it is because I get most of my ideas from Ne, according to the experts.

But I know full well how disorienting one's self-image can appear through Fi and share your frustration. It'd be nice to wash all the bad words away in one swoosh, all the selfishness and self-pity and prejudices--wouldn't it? Oh yeah... that's why Napoleon invented the hangman's noose.

I guess life can be like tripping through a 100k hall of mirrors sometimes; we just have to shake it off, wait for the good horoscope transits, cross our fingers and hope lightening doesn't strike until then.

I don't know what questioned I answered. Ha chuckle ha.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by candylandjoe View Post
    I don't hate anything about my primary Fi until people on this forum remind me of how bad it is because I get most of my ideas from Ne, according to the experts.
    Mind elaborating?
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Fi types enjoy hating Fi.
    Not really.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Fi/Si loop, that I don't enjoy.
    Fi, paired with Ne, has helped me dance through work place politics in places, in all honesty are no fit places for any one to work.
    I don't hate it, it's just a tool I'm adept with. I wouldn't have it any other way.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    Mind elaborating?
    It's a reference to the Fi-Si loop mentioned below. I'm still not sure what I'm answering.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by candylandjoe View Post
    It's a reference to the Fi-Si loop mentioned below. I'm still not sure what I'm answering.
    Mmk. I can understand that. I can do the same thing with TiSi.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

The only aspect of Fi I've sometimes disliked is a constant need to check if everything I'm doing is a congruent whole value wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    I suggest you learn to love your Fi. Really for a lot of people they could learn to use their auxiliary function more. Don't be afraid of it. Sounds like you might be falling to tertiary temptation.
    Tertiary Ni (ISxP): "I can't possibly go along with this, 'cuz it's all a lie. It's all a set-up by the Man. I'd just be serving his interests and not my own. I'm not gonna be suckered by all this self-serving bull. No way, man, I gotta go my own way." Or "Why should I imitate the cool people? Despite their shiny clothes and social connections, they are still as vulnerable as anyone else." The Secondary Function (Se) would say: "This thing's bigger than you. Better just go with the flow, do what you can, trust your instincts to deal with what's right here and now."
    I like this. That's how I trip myself up a lot.

I want to make spaghetti sauce like this every time...
    "Introverted Feeling ... encourages a personal relationship to an evolving pattern, a will to gauge the situation by an experiential ideal. For example, if we use Introverted Feeling to make a good spaghetti sauce, we won't follow recipes or measure ingredients. We'll sample the sauce as we're making it, gauging its taste, smell, and texture by their ideal outcome and adjusting for circumstantial variables so the emerging pattern stays on track."

I get that with things too. I have a massive need for confirming things and testing things. Defaulting to the theory only can feel quite uncomfortable.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.