User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    Aren't objectivity, authenticity and truth pretty closely linked concepts? How does the pursuit of authenticity undermine objectivity? Or reworded, how does seeing the person, rather than creating the person from various ideas you have in your head of what people are, appear more subjective? It tends to mean you have something less predictable in your system when you come to make the decision. But I don't really see why ignoring parts of a system, so logic feels more certain, achieves anything more objective or solid. It is just feels like it does.
    There is merit in what you saying. I'm not particularly against or in its favour, I believe Fi is utilised better in others than me, its more how I feel it in my usage. The concern is that what one believes is authentic, might be superficial to another person's Fi, what one feels is authentic, it is difficult to sometimes observe the more subtle errors made in the process, it can be very subtle, one hasn't fully subjectively experienced the sum of another's life, the other cognitive processes help somewhat to give different angles and a more accurate picture. I don't think its particularly good to rely on one cognitive process in general, I would say similarly for the logical functions aswell.

Agree with costrin. Fi is a killer sometimes, and makes you feel so insignificant or imperfect. But when it is going well, you wouldn't want to trade it in for anything. There is just that want to escape what it demands of you sometimes. I tried for ages to destroy it. It doesn't really work. And embracing it can be quite fun.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Quote Originally Posted by Xellotath View Post
    I probably am..

How's this for a nasty contemplation:
    Fi drives us to feel some weird sense of empathy and connectedness, right?
    If the connectedness was true.. then it should follow that all would feel connected.
    It's not true, therefore... we are all crazy.

I get this. For those who I care about I "love" them. Since I care for most everybody (not inculding slimy ENTPs) then I have these odd childlike connections with many, many people I work with. I really do care deeply for them and many of them seem enthralled by the childlike quality I posess. I can analyze it analytically and understand how to use it to accomplish goals and tasks but at the end of the day-It's real. I want the best for them.

Where this backfires is with ESTPs and ESTJs mostly. They really dont understand it and think I am really odd. and crazy. it hurts sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Siegfried View Post
    There is merit in what you saying. I'm not particularly against or in its favour, I believe Fi is utilised better in others than me, its more how I feel it in my usage. The concern is that what one believes is authentic, might be superficial to another person's Fi, what one feels is authentic, it is difficult to sometimes observe the more subtle errors made in the process, it can be very subtle, one hasn't fully subjectively experienced the sum of another's life, the other cognitive processes help somewhat to give different angles and a more accurate picture. I don't think its particularly good to rely on one cognitive process in general, I would say similarly with the other logical functions aswell.
    Yeh, I think in isolation it might not be. I just know as an ENFP it can feel like an observational function almost. There seems to be total awareness of when I don't know things and where the ambiguities are. There isn't really much guess work or subjectivity at all, because everything needs to be contextual, and every situation is a new context. Direct comparisons to previous situations, like many types do to decide what something means or is, aren't really used that much. It's like read each one on its merit and if it is something completely new, adapt your brain to the situation, and understand this new thing.

Another thing we noted in one of the other threads is Fi appears to only have a few set values, the rest is interpretation. The values seem to be along the lines of, "don't cause harm to people", and "don't restrict the freedom of people or harm their ability to reach their potential". There can be a significant difference between what people perceive as doing these things though, which is where some subjectivity may lie.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

honestly Fi is not so well developed for me. It is a big gaping hole of scariness in there that I wall in with Ne/Te. It lives underneath and I share it with those I trust but it is such a gaping, poorly protected weak spot that I dont always trust it and I struggle to protect it.

***strange post fixed and replaced with rainbows***

Actually my bunny rabbits haven't arrived yet. They take my soul and tell me they will give me everything, but what do I get? Kool-Aid, some Zs, but no bunnies!!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yikes...talking to you people is too weird.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

hehe, we worry you in some way?

MBTI
    EN?P
    Enneagram

Fi is great. It's Fe I have a problem with.

Fe is like Cyclops from the X-men; it's great if you need to laser through a wall but get some ruby quartz sunglasses on that shit or everyone around you will be a charred lump.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Which is funny as Cyclops maybe ISFJ.