First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I haven't seen only good come out of ISTJ but I still love two ISTJ and even though not only good comes out of me, they still care for me.

But my goodness, don't get around my sister when she's got low blood sugar or had a bad day, the brutal truth comes out! :eek: I just ignore it...well for the most part.
    All you can do is ignore it when someone is having a bad day and wants to tell everyone about it.

I edited the post heart. I thought you might like it. There is no such thing as a person who does only good, I meant that I've only met good people who are of that type.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ed111 View Post
    If they were to ask me if I'd ever blanked out whilst teaching (I lecture computing), I'd just laugh and say yeah all the time!

Ed, this is priceless!!! That's what I need - a few witty remarks and a laugh to shrug them off. Catch them off guard and see how they respond...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

I understand where you're coming from.. I think for me, snidy remarks are just a form of DISRESPECT, intentional.

I would not take it personally. As for me, I see it as a form of self-hate, self-projection. I feel sorry for them.

I don't tolerate too well with people who get all smug & smirky. I like sarcasm. I like to joke around a lot. I dislike it when I feel that venomous sting from anyone who takes on a condescending, pretentious tone with me, especially when they try to do so ever so slightly? I'm more overt. If I do not like someone or something, I make it obvious.

I think you should refocus your energy on what makes you happy. Cut out those who disrespect you, because really life's too short. Enjoy it while you can, right?

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Viv View Post
    I understand where you're coming from.. I think for me, snidy remarks are just a form of DISRESPECT, intentional.

I would not take it personally. As for me, I see it as a form of self-hate, self-projection. I feel sorry for them.

I don't tolerate too well with people who get all smug & smirky. I like sarcasm. I like to joke around a lot. I dislike it when I feel that venomous sting from anyone who takes on a condescending, pretentious tone with me, especially when they try to do so ever so slightly? I'm more overt. If I do not like someone or something, I make it obvious.

I think you should refocus your energy on what makes you happy. Cut out those who disrespect you, because really life's too short. Enjoy it while you can, right?

Cut out? Yea, that is why when I cannot give them the permanent INFJ doorslam due to circumstances like them being the mothers of close friends or relatives, I take a long break from them... Remove the sun of my august person from shining on their puny selves

Na, seriously, I wish that I could learn a few tricks - how to use humour - to defuse their covert attacks/snide remarks... THEY are masters or rather mistresses at being bitchy with a smile. I either play dumb or am left speechless in which case they've scored a hit. I wish that I could deflect their barbs in a more effective way...

Surely there has GOT to be some of these skills that can be picked up!!

MBTI
    INFJ

Some years ago a couple of ISTJs caused a realization in me that basically all of their joke remarks are based on truth. It's just that whilst putting out their joke remarks, they are also being completely clueless that they are actually sharing their deeper thoughts; the things they wouldn't otherwise say. They don't realize that joking about it reveals their inner thoughts. I'm sorry I don't have any examples right now... I used to have... what a worthless post, huh...

ISTJs are also good at killing good mood and inspiration with few uncarefully selected words. Consider the following cheesy dialog as an example:

Person: "Look, I bought a new sofa "
    ISTJ: "The fabric is torn under there."
    Person: "Yeah... it was cheaper. Well, look at these new curtains."
    ISTJ: "They don't match."
    Person: "A-ha..... I have a new phone "
    ISTJ: "Hmm... that model doesn't even have a camera."
    Person: "Right. Whatevvvv!!! "

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    LSI

Interesting... I have a friend that is INFJ. We get along well. The thing I can't stand about her is that she compares everything to her perception (and that's the only right perception). As far as how I am. I think that she has a problem with my perceptions of things (slightly more balanced to some extent). Besides all that we get along fine. my humor doesn't bug her and as far as the remarks go I try to be a nice guy. I don't make any harsh comments unless I really, deeply feel the person deserves it. Which doesn't happen very much. I typically get along with people well, and more so once they know me.
    - Caleb

"I am what I need to be..."

"Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity."

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    LSI

Another thought... Maybe our remarks are snide because we don't realize they come across that way? We tend to be rather... strict with conveying facts and things bluntly. Tact is definitely something a few of us could work on. I've worked at it so my tact isn't terrible and it's getting better. I am now an a scale between extremely indirect and very blunt; only slightly less blunt.
    I do understand peoples emotions though and try to take them into account. I haven't ever had to much of a problem for it. Though I do see how it might exist.

DISCLAIMER: This message implies to "some" meaning any where's from 1% to 100% of us. (I know I need a life.) (apparently the emoticon agrees with me...)
    - Caleb

"I am what I need to be..."

"Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity."

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
    blah blah blah
    I agree with you.

I've noticed myself that I do make snide remarks just about everything. It's not that I'd be evil, jealous, angry or mischievous. I just do it just because I think it's funny. And with some tactfulness, it really is. And you know how sensitive guys we are.
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

Immaculate Cloud, I think despite type, there is a level mutuality/respect we ALL deserve. I think when people act that way, they self-project; it shows the type of person they inherently are to me.

I like it when people can be real/upfront. Joking is one thing. Flat-out disrespect is another. I know when to set boundaries, when to refocus my energy on people/things that uplift me. Hang in there.

Maybe the snide remarks issue is an Introverted Thinker thing? The two people who are masters of it in my life are both INTPs.