User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

I don't tend to have this problem. My mother is an ISTJ, and I tend not to pick up on any snide undertones (if there ever were any). I tend to take people at face value, which I suppose they'd either find disconcerting. Either that or they're probably secretly laughing at me: either way I'm not affected as I have my own values and standards and I don't try to measure up to theirs.

If they were to ask me if I'd ever blanked out whilst teaching (I lecture computing), I'd just laugh and say yeah all the time!

If an ISTJ wants to really try to get at me they'd have to actually lose their temper and start shouting. If this happens I will bite back. The normal outcome is that my mother ends up in tears and then I have to apologise lol.

heart on fire

The two ISTJ whom I consider loved ones do this when they are tired or stressed and I try to just chaulk it up to that and let it slide.

I once dated an ISTJ who was really bad about making stupid, cutting remarks and I broke up with him over it. But he was a vastly different person than my two loved ones. He was really selfish and stupid, so hence not worth over looking his bad sides.

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    The two ISTJ whom I consider loved ones do this when they are tired or stressed and I try to just chaulk it up to that and let it slide.

I once dated an ISTJ who was really bad about making stupid, cutting remarks and I broke up with him over it. But he was a vastly different person than my two loved ones. He was really selfish and stupid, so hence not worth over looking his bad sides.
    o_O

heart on fire

^ What confuses you about my post?

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

About snide comments, I find that I tend to do them a lot, BUT I focus on making light of what is a potential problem. I've gotten into trouble over it, but it isn't something that I can naturally stop if I'm feeling 'up and open.' I seem to have two modes: Tired and avoidant, or loud, and a good bit of the time, crass.

I tend to befriend people who are fine with my near-mindless outbursts (I have an ISFP friend and an ISFJ friend). These outbursts usually are charged with what I hope to be humor, and they either are completely misunderstood, or cause -someone- to bust out laughing.

Etiquette is not my strong suit and I try to always find a balance between my two egos.

My brother might be an ISTJ, though I'm not quite certain. We clash a lot, but we can get along decently sometimes.

Edit: I also find myself coming back to something about someone, either what they said, looklike, whatever, and using it as a joke. Though Ive learned what things to snide-joke upon and what to keep off. Ive also found that I tend to offend people if I get too comfortable, too quickly.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    ISFJ

My dad is an ISTJ and I never saw him behave that way.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

ISTJs are awesome. You're missing out if you avoid them just because of a few individuals in your life. It's hard to break the habit of "oh I hate this type!" but you have to eventually. You have to see typology as a helpful tool and not something that creates bad judgments.

Everyone is different. You need to grow a thicker skin. If you realize something as humor, then there is usually a good intent behind it, making someone laugh. If someone of any type acts malicious or disrespectful then avoid them. There are good people and bad people of each type, you can't just judge everyone of that type as being bad because of your bad experiences with a few certain people. I have mixed experiences with types all the time. In the end, you make friends and enjoy PEOPLE, and not personality types.

I will admit there are some types who seem to have a trend in the type of humor they bring on, and I can't tolerate it a lot. But I've never experienced this with ISTJs, I've only seen good people of this type. I think I have a thick skin though, I deal with a lot of thinkers in general in my life and I've learned to accept the sense of humor. They never intend anything bad behind it.
    Last edited by BlackCat; 03-05-2009 at 08:23 PM. Reason: FINE heart
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I've only seen good out of these people.
    I have yet to see any person, of any type who only did good.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I have yet to see any person, of any type who only did good.
    You know what I mean silly.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    You know what I mean silly.
    I haven't seen only good come out of ISTJ but I still love two ISTJ and even though not only good comes out of me, they still care for me.

But my goodness, don't get around my sister when she's got low blood sugar or had a bad day, the brutal truth comes out! :eek: I just ignore it...well for the most part.