User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Default Psychic INFJs? Anyone know about this?

I've heard alot of places that say INFJ's can have have psychic abilities, are there any real expirences/arguments to this tune? Has this been proven/disproven, have an explanation...personal stories welcomed and appreciated
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

MBTI
    ISFJ

I once knew an INFJ who told me I was going to pass an exam I was going to have the day after. And what do ya know...I did!!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

my mom and infj friend have weird psychic moments....usually has to do with something being wrong and they get a sense of that.

i have weird random things...like knowing what numbers something will be or what someone will say.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

the introverted feeling type has a way of slowing experience down and indulging in it, while disconnecting himself from physical sensations (except for internal body sensing, probably - feeling connects the body, the body is like a vessel for dreams, a canvas). So he creates this sticky slow paced state that is optimal to develop a story telling visualization, a concrete evolving daydream, that may have shamanic content, eg being with imaginary friends or having power animals. I don't say, this is identical to true shamanism, its just a baby variation of it (but may develop later in life). This is what justifies the frequently cited notion that the "infj" (FiNe, socionics got it right) has an enriched inner life. The emphasis is on "inner". It's disconnected (unless you assume a trans-personal connection as is implied by shamanism). this is also what make the Fi type a typical storyteller (author).

Also the introverted feeling type sees personal meaning in everything, especially when these ideas give him the impression of being connected with causality of other people. He will frequently assume that its more than a coincidence, that a close friend is currently interested in the same topic, or makes a similar experience. This is more specific or frequent in the introverted feeling type, than synchronicity, because the emphasis is on connection to people, whereas anyone could see a synchronization, without assuming such.

that about all that i have actually observed.

as for the NiFe type, there is nothing psychic about us, except for a superior theory of mind (not empathy!) and a spacial + naturalistic intelligence that is a bit "mystic" in the sense that it assumes (w)hole-yness and symmetry in natural patterns and is quick to consider portrayed patterns as unnatural or impossible (which often creates early atheism/agnosticism in young and uneducated NiFe people, as a lot of religious patterns in common interpretations are unnatural).
    It is that inquisitive search for a picture that unites all of reality, which is a very dynamic associative fast paced process.
    the NiFe person does not have an enriched "inner life", he is a perceiver, he as enriched internal observation skills (observation based guesswork, like connecting two dots in the dark into a known face with eyes, to describe Ni in a metaphorical way). call it enriched "mental" life if you want, but its not disconnected at all, except it has a "puffer", that removes it slightly from immediate experience.

feel free to disagree, but no need to cite my essay and take it apart piece by piece ...

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

NFs in general are called psychic it seems, we aren't though. It's just overactive intuition I believe, the ability to be psychic is a separate one. When this sense of the future built by intuition develops it gets more accurate. So yes, perhaps to an outsider it may look like a mystic process. I myself have a good sense of the future and what will happen, and it usually comes true. I don't consider myself psychic, I'm just being realistic about what there is to come. I can't just "know" I have to be exposed to new experiences to include them in my picture of the future. So it's not like "well your car is going to crash in the near future" it's like "if he keeps being reckless he will crash in the future" as a bare bones example. It can get a lot more complicated for that for me.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w?

Are you talking about me again EA?

I have visions from time to time and it is usually all bad. It's typically related to people I am close to.

Ex: My mom and sister asked me to go shopping with them and I said yes. Right after I said yes, I got a vision of them getting into a terrible car accident so I immediately changed my mind about going. They did indeed get into a huge accident while coming home from that trip. They survived with some minor injuries but completely totalled the car. The people in the other car had major injuries and one person was ejected (they were teens who ran a stop sign).

As far as this being an INFJ thing, I dunno.
    "...Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand..." (the Skin Horse)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeah...she's totally psychic it trips me out.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by kmclaughlin View Post
    I have visions from time to time and it is usually all bad. It's typically related to people I am close to.
    I do this a LOT. A good amount of the time if it isn't something ridiculous it will come true. Like I will have a bad feeling about going down a certain road, so I will take a longer yet safer way in my mind. It's little things like that.

I remember one time I was driving and something in my mind said STOP NOW! So I slowed down in a sort of panic mode, and a car coming from the road perpendicular to mine rushed through going at about 80 MPH, I would have been hit on the driver's side had I not slowed down.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

I get a lot of deja vu, usually from dreams that I don't particularly remember until the moment it reoccurs. Then, I can usually have foresight for a few seconds into the future, but that's it.

Otherwise, I'm not psychic; I make very accurate predictions and tune into people's true intentions, but that comes more from a subconscious picking-up of cues and then piecing them together very rapidly, also subconsciously, so that only the end result is seen.
    So, in other words, Ni

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by gloomy-optimist View Post
    I get a lot of deja vu, usually from dreams that I don't particularly remember until the moment it reoccurs. Then, I can usually have foresight for a few seconds into the future, but that's it.
    It's usually something useless isn't it? I do this a lot actually. I remember one time I had a dream about seeing a particular window, and the next day I saw that window. I had never seen it before. I do it all the time, but it's nothing significant, it's just random. I've always wondered what this was. Anyone have any info or anything? I've talked to a lot of people (intuitives in general) and they say they experience this.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.