User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Since I've been in college I have managed to avoid all parties that have been busted by the cops. I have been at many of these, but I leave right before that happens. And, yes, I did have a certain "feeling" that this was going to happen.

I also have moments of extended deja vu. They last so long that I know what is going to happen next....and it does. The crazy part, however, is that realizing the deja vu and reacting to knowing what happens is always part of what actually happens and what I know will happen..... like it's a loop that's never going to break. That really freaks me out.
    9 wing 1

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Yeah...this is a topic that I've never been able to relate to.

Not psychic, no aspects of deja vu that go beyond what pretty much everyone on the planet would experience as deja vu now and then.

I'm often able to predict what someone is going to do, or how they will react, etc, but I don't see anything miraculous about that - to me it's just a result of my observing people/things, noticing patterns in their overall behavior/persona, and connecting the dots. But I'm definitely wrong sometimes. I've never fully understood why there was a need to bring mysticism into a definition of Ni. I think it can just confuse people as to what Ni really is, and really does.

What others have mentioned in this thread - predicting events, etc - I don't feel should be tied to INFJ/NF per se. I think some of these phenomena should be kept apart from mbti. Perhaps as another personality attribute/'talent', if you will.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

my own telling of the future is only based on understanding how people and groups work. its not even unconscious, its just too far away from language or concrete thought, so i cant be in touch with all aspects of it at the same time. if i am tuned into a message board, i could often tell that someone is going to open a new thread, or write about this or that, as soon as he reads this or that. but i have to consciously tune into a message board. no one else would ever care to pay that much attention to other users way of ticking. at the moment i don't do it myself. i would do it, if a was motivated by Fe, if i considered the board to be my family. i am not (think no one should, cause message boards are really bad families)

if Ni was unconscious, i would have no consciousness at all

on the other hand i did have plenty dreams (at night, early morning) that predicted totally profane things, like someone ringing at the door asking something about a car, that is in the way, but is not mine and was not there the evening before, so its hard to tell how i could have foreseen it, unless i just had an subconscious awareness of my surroundings, as other people must have been bothered by that car earlier.

btw: there is also classic intuition: you see (but don't notice) that someones else cars tire is brittle. later you are asked to drive with him. you have a bad feeling. an accident happens, because the tire bursts. you are like "i felt that coming"

i am confident, that this happens to sensing types even more often or at least just as often than to intuitive types. they have the gut feeling and instinct and (unconscious) photogenic memory. send them to the jungle.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by nanook View Post
    my own telling of the future is only related on understanding how people and groups work. its not even unconscious, its just to far away from language or concrete thought to be in touch with all aspects of it at the same time. if i am tuned into a message board, i could often tell that someone is going to open a new thread, or write about this or that, as soon as he reads this or that.

but if Ni was unconscious, i would have no consciousness at all

on the other hand i did have dreams (at night, early morning) that predicted totally profane things, like someone ringing at the door asking something about a car, that is in the way, but is not mine and was not there the evening before, so its hard to tell how i could have foreseen it, unless i just had an subconscious awareness of my surroundings, as other people must have been bothered by that car earlier.

btw: there is also classic intuition: you see that someones else cars tire is brittle. later you are asked to drive with him. you have a bad feeling. an accident happens, because the tire bursts. you are like "i felt that coming"

i am confident, that this happens to sensing types even more often than to intuitive types. they have the gut feeling and instinct and (unconscious) photogenic memory
    Yes, I think you're onto something.

That's the other way things can get tangled up -- various definitions and meanings of 'intuition'.

In the everyday sense, intuition CAN have more mystical connotations (although as you say, it very well could just boil down to unconscious photogenic memory, or any number of other things), and I agree w/ you that sensing types can/would experience it just as much as N types. But this definition/aspect of intuition isn't speaking to Cognitive processes and mbti definition of intuition.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbows View Post
    I've heard alot of places that say INFJ's can have have psychic abilities, are there any real expirences/arguments to this tune? Has this been proven/disproven, have an explanation...personal stories welcomed and appreciated
    Yup, my infj mom is psychic... she'd deny it, but I know better.

If I'm having a really really bad day, she'll call and say, "Hey, is everything alright? For some reason I'm worried about you." She gets these premonitions about things. She predicted the college I would end up in before I entered high school (it was a small comment like "You know, I think one of my daughters will end up here someday.") She was watching TV during the presidential primaries and when Obama came up said, "This is going to be our next president" (and for the rest of the election she kept writing that comment off as a moment of insanity because she was a Clinton-turned-McCain fan. I know better ).

Also, she sees people's souls. Or feels them... or something. She can tell if you're a liar/cheater/lame person instantly.

So, I have no proof. It could all be just luck, but I personally think she's got one hell of a sixth sense.

"OMG I FEEEEEEEEEL SO INTENSELY ABOUT EVERYTHING OMG OMG OMG GET ME A XANAX" -Priam (ENFP impersonation)

WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.

Physics INFJs? Yeah I know one or two.

Although they usually gravitate towards the social sciences.
    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    sheesh humans! for realz

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I'm no an INFJ, but I've had the whole flashing moments in dreams that then turn into deja-vus later. Left me drained, so I eventually 'turned' that part of my brain off, as it was also useless info. I've also done the whole I-know-who's-calling thing, as well as the sensing that my bf in Norway is feeling bad, which ended up in me calling him out of the blue. Also do the whole 'gut' reflex, aka knowing something is off and deciding accordingly. Dunno if that's psychic though. And some would consider empathy psychic as well, but the more I learn here about MBTI, the less I consider it psychic really.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbows View Post
    I've heard alot of places that say INFJ's can have have psychic abilities, are there any real expirences/arguments to this tune? Has this been proven/disproven, have an explanation...personal stories welcomed and appreciated
    I feel a deep connection with an INFJ...The other day I was driving back through town..and I NEVER, hardly Ever, go through this one intersection because it's such a pain..congested with traffic and construction, etc. Instead I go through a business park as a shortcut...
    Well, as I approached that area to get through town, I get this 'inner message' urging me to go to the intersection...I was like "What? No!" I have to say it was peculiar to me as I just don't get these types of inner messages.
    Well, as I got closer it came back stronger...so that I actually started to feel really uncomfortable with my decision to go the shortcut. So I said "OK, I'll go!" Then I was, to myself"Why am I doing this? I don't have any reason to do this!"

I get to the stoplight...turn right...Just as soon as I turn right, There she is in her vehicle, Right in front of me!" I don't quite know how to evaluate this happening.

Any ideas?

I am not psychic.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    Yeah...this is a topic that I've never been able to relate to.

Not psychic, no aspects of deja vu that go beyond what pretty much everyone on the planet would experience as deja vu now and then.

I'm often able to predict what someone is going to do, or how they will react, etc, but I don't see anything miraculous about that - to me it's just a result of my observing people/things, noticing patterns in their overall behavior/persona, and connecting the dots. But I'm definitely wrong sometimes. I've never fully understood why there was a need to bring mysticism into a definition of Ni. I think it can just confuse people as to what Ni really is, and really does.
    That'd be me as well.
    I'm good at predicting patterns, and what's going to happen.. But nothing beyond that.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

It's most likely unconsciously predicting patterns through intuition, and the user getting freaked out by it.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)