• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs as nudists

Meursault

My dear little NFs, what series of events could drive you to find yourself within the warm embrace of society all naturale? Would you, could you, should you ever consider nudity as the way to go to find meaning and porpoises? :happy2:

if i'd grown up in sweden :whistling:

i walk around 3/4 naked at home all the time and always forget to shut my blinds :blush: clothes suck, i always feel like i'm strangling.

but i don't see how being naked 24/7 can give your life meaning:huh:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'm pretty sure my dad would be a nudist if he could. He walked around the house naked when I was growing up until I turned 12 and made him stop, I've seen him go from his room to his office (in the house still) naked. he's an INTP as far as I can tell. It's something about seeing your own father naked that's just wrong that and the fact that he's almost 62

Meursault

I'm pretty sure my dad would be a nudist if he could. He walked around the house naked when I was growing up until I turned 12 and made him stop, I've seen him go from his room to his office (in the house still) naked. he's an INTP as far as I can tell. It's something about seeing your own father naked that's just wrong that and the fact that he's almost 62

is he swedish?

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Actually, I was hinting that you might not be a J. I really can't imagine an NT saying something like that. Who knows, maybe you're an INFJ and I've mistyped myself. I don't see any other plausible types for me, though, so I'll have to venture that your ideas are the result of your unique psyche.
It's kinda cute that your one certainty is that we are not the same type. ;) I'm a J rest assured, but I was raised by Ps.

Right, I'll concede that, but I just don't understand how this course of action makes you feel better. I guess I'm too serious a person to understand all this. There's nothing wrong with how you are, I just don't understand it.
Read my blog, it may help. There is always the danger with personality 'types' of making people one dimensional characters in an online role playing game. Everyone has complexities and sides to them.

but i don't see how being naked 24/7 can give your life meaning:huh:
Yeah, that's kinda the joke of the thread.

Okay, if you all want the skinny on this. I've just been noticing an increasing number of negative type threads. I'm always concerned those lead most quickly to stereotypical thinking because they represent our fears and social fears = prejudice. I started the NT fluffy clouds thread and the NF nudity thread for opposites sake to shake things up. Ya know, you can learn more about type when placing people in unexpected scenarios.

As for whether or not i'm a nudist? We'll just keep that little mystery locked up for now. :blush:

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I would just like to say a few words about "nudity" in the world today. And I for one am just appalled by it.

Why, did you know that underneath their clothing the entire population of the world is walking around completely naked? Is that not disgusting? And it's not just people, although goodness knows that's bad enough. Animals too, even cute little doggies and pussy cats, can't be trusted. Underneath their fur - absolutely naked!

</Sam the Eagle>

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Well, I'll buckle and admit that I miss our pre-kid around the house noodie days, short-lived though they were. Someday those days will be back again, but we are not going to look much like we looked back then.

Carebear

will make your day
MBTI Type
INFP
I don't quite see why people stop being naked at home when the children arrive. Nudity at home and moderate openness about sex and reproduction is as far as I know statistically related to a healthier self image, better sex life as adult, later and more voluntary debut and more protection. (According to two recent documentaries I've seen, one BBC, the other norwegian.)

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
Are we counting skinnydipping as public nudity?

As a side note, I've noticed that American guys seem to be much more likely to delight in casual displays of nudity than Aussie guys are. I think this has something to do with the American tradition of locker-room communal showers, something that is almost unheard of in Australian high-schools.

heart

heart on fire
I don't quite see why people stop being naked at home when the children arrive. Nudity at home and moderate openness about sex and reproduction is as far as I know statistically related to a healthier self image, better sex life as adult, later and more voluntary debut and more protection. (According to two recent documentaries I've seen, one BBC, the other norwegian.)

In the USA, depending on what state a person lives in, it seems as if adults being nude around children could be interpreted as child abuse under "indecent exposure".

R

RDF

When I was in my late 20s I used to drive up to a nude beach occasionally and spend the day there, getting an all-over suntan. After a while it got a little monotonous; everything there was flesh tones.

I would come away with my libido charged up a bit, even if I wasn't consciously people-watching. So maybe nudists get a little extra energy from that.

I would have no problem doing a weekend at a nudist camp in the company of people my own age. But my wife has absolutely ruled out anything involving public nudity, so that's not going to happen anytime soon.

FL

Carebear

will make your day
MBTI Type
INFP
In the USA, depending on what state a person lives in, it seems as if adults being nude around children could be interpreted as child abuse under "indecent exposure".

Oh. :shock:

And breast feeding interpreted as attempted murder by suffocation? :D

:wtf:

Those puritans... :dont:

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
I've never gone totally nude, but I oftne enjoy rnadomly taking off my shirt and letting the air flow freely around my body. I also like to drop my pants at the top of mountains on a warm day when I go skiing... It was an unusually hot day at the end of the ski season and I needed to cool down/be free so I dropped trow :)

heart

heart on fire
Oh. :shock:

And breast feeding interpreted as attempted murder by suffocation? :D

:wtf:

Those puritans... :dont:

Last year about this time, there was a pro-breast feeding magazine here in the states that had a picture of a mother breast feeding a baby. I could not believe the outrage on the women's boards over it. Bitter agruements broke out between those who felt it was obscene to show on a magazine cover like that and those who felt it was a beautiful image of maternal love. Some of the women had very strong reactions, calling it disgusting and saying it made them feel extremely offended even violated.

The image was only printed on the subscription issues and the ones in the stores didn't have it.

Carebear

will make your day
MBTI Type
INFP
Obscene, sinful and unholy!!!

BF_Mary.jpg
Isis_and_Horus-sm.jpg

jesus.jpg
isis9.jpg

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Jesus wasn't black, either.

I'd bet good money he looked like Osama bin Laden! ;)

Carebear

will make your day
MBTI Type
INFP
No, Jesus wasn't black. Osama isn't the worst of guesses. But since people seem not to react to the nordic-looking, blonde Jesus (even in Ghana he was predominant when I was there, making people call me Big Jesus and Pink Jesus), I fugured I needed to help balance things a bit. I like the black slave Jesus a hell of a lot more than white upper middle class Jesus.

flutescorpion1

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Only by myself. I'm not into public humiliation, and I've been raised by 2 SJ parents. But if it would help me find my "true self"...

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
I've been nude with male and female friends a number of times. It's usually skinny-dipping; I love to swim in the buff with the blue sky above. But it's always been on private property or at an established nude beach.