• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs as nudists

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
Schweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet....sorry my brain was on something else...

I do not know why folks have so many problems with being nude...Maybe it is a cultural thing???

It ain't hard. Just take your clothes off...

I mean, okay, you do not have to be a stripper or an exhibitionist. I mean, that is just, well, even weirder than I am. But what's the big deal with going to a sauna, taking off your clothes, sweating a bit, taking a shower, going for a lovely swim - trust me if you swim naked once, you are hooked!!! - and going for a shower, going in the whirlpool, taking a nice, hot, lovely shower, and making a day of it??? It's so relaxing. You need to try it folks - I mean, really. :party2:

I bet this world would be a much better place if more people just swam naked every day.

Ah, now I know why she got all fiesty. Sorry I didn't read anything before I posted and trust me, it was not my intention to offend anyone, I humbly bow and apologize. no joke, sorry.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'm sure if my parents had instilled in me naked=bad I would probably have a problem with naked people as well.

MJ_

MBTI Type
INFj
I find it a bit odd that some people have not seen their parents naked or are horrified at the thought. Or, that it would be cause for the authorities to remove children from the family home. Not that I'm a nudist or anything, but I was raised by people that did not believe that bathrobes/towels were a requirement at home (after showering etc)and that lounging around in one's underwear was perfectly acceptable (unless company was over). As my siblings and I entered our teen years, we did become less comfortable with changing in front of each other or not wearing towels. But not my mom. (My SO was horrified when I told him that, btw. On the other hand, he's pretty happy with my non-towel wearing ways).

I'm still trying to get my head around why seeing one's parents naked is wrong. I mean, I do understand that there is a taboo against nudity in general in my own culture, but I'm still not sure why seeing a parent or family member naked is especially wrong (aside from the fact there's a list of 'relatives you can't see naked' in the bible somewhere, IIRC). I know that people are uncomfortable with strangers and nudity, or their own family members and nudity. I understand that it is a much different situation than anonymous strangers in single sex change rooms at the gym. I'm just not quite understanding why it's 'wrong'. Or harmful. Not that taboos have to make sense, but people do seem to put it into those terms.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I didn't see it as wrong, but others did. There's alot of taboos I don't understand and this is one of them. I hope as a species we have enough inhibition to not fuck everything that moves while naked. Is that what people are scared of, if naked life will be forever and endless orgy? do they think we had sex with are parents? if a naked girl and a naked boy see each other do they think that means sex will happen same with two boys or two girls? I'm curious.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I was actually there in the winter, I hope to get to go in the summer at some point. I did attempt to learn to ski though.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
I was actually there in the winter, I hope to get to go in the summer at some point. I did attempt to learn to ski though.

Well, they make holes in the ice, so it would be: Sauna + lake + hole in the ice + beer.

Forget about skiing. Boring. Snowboard.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Oh, btw, i just remembered a quote from the bible. It goes something like: "the way for men to see to the kingdom of heaven, is to take off their clothes like children and stand on them" Anybody know this? Bible is for nudity. If its not bible, then it has to be some of the Nag Hammadi scrolls...

sciski

MBTI Type
NSFW
Enneagram
6w7
Nudity around strangers is fine - it's nudity around friends that worries me... :cry:

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
Lol, I think I need to leave and move into the SJ gaurdhouse, but I won't, because I usually have my mental one finger salute firing off to anyone who thinks I have crazy ideas, and I think everyone should have one of them too.

just as long as I am not cramming it down your throats in real life and neither are you, and we are willing to hear both sides, I am rocking with that, even if it sounds like I am an intolerant bigot.

I don't think you have crazy ideas. You come from a different culture from me, and I'm eager to learn.

I don't believe in a communicative deity, so I assume religion stems from the requirement to have a set of common values to adhere to, in order to keep peace and order. And no doubt the Christian culture is the heaviest influence on the American judicial system. Non-secularism has plenty of latent doctrine in it anyway.

So I guess a fideist's sin is perhaps a faithless man's antiquated law; ripe for a bit of rationalization.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Okay, what I do not understand is why people associate nudity with bad hygiene. I mean, these are two separate issues, are they not? And quite frankly, if you have bad hygiene and unsanitary habits, I do not care if you are naked or wearing enough clothes to experience sauna-like conditions in the antarctic, I think is it :wtf:. In Germany, we have a pretty high standard when it comes to hygiene and are probably even more anal-retentive about it than Americans (though I am not entirely sure).

In our public areas, we have VERY strict conditions with regard to hygiene - and they DAMNED WELL be followed. So personally, I am more likely to complain in five seconds if someone does something against the rules of hygiene than if someone appears naked.

That being said, we have very strict rules regarding where a person may or may not be naked. Designated areas that are clearly marked, where everyone knows it ahead of time in addition to the rules of conduct. As long as you are of age and abide by the rules, you can be there. There are also areas for people who say that is not their "cup of tea."

Insofar as there are areas for both parties, and there are clear rules of conduct, I do not see a problem. However, if someone dare touch me or start shaving or brushing their teeth :barf: in the stalls, I would flip the <beep> out and tell the next person and have their hands or <beep> cut off.

If nothing else, Germany has a rule for everything. And police and regulations for every rule. Und WEHE, WEHE, Du machst was dagegen!!!! :emot-emo::ninja::horor::wacko::wtf::ng_mad::ranting:

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
Forget about skiing. Boring. Snowboard.
Word.

Little bit of trivia: In addition to developing software that is used by the military, law enforcement, and in the building of vehicles used in the waging of war (plus corporate business jets), did you know that wolf also worked for the engineering company that developed the original snowboard? Did you also know that all the testing of the various designs were done at one of the only US ski resorts that doesn't currently allow snowboarding?

Murmur

MBTI Type
infj
"My dear little NFs, what series of events could drive you to find yourself within the warm embrace of society all naturale?"

I'm a big fan of Jan Saudek and I wouldn't mind modelling naked for some art photos like those of Saudek's. Although... I would like to model in them without anyone ever getting to know my true identity . :eek:

Jan Saudek & S

Here where I live it's quite normal for people to experience public nudity in saunas, even when there are relatively unknown members of the opposite sex present. I'm also used to walk around naked at home, but only when the curtains are closed and I'm alone or with my boyfriend.

"Would you, could you, should you ever consider nudity as the way to go to find meaning and porpoises?"

I could consider nudity as a way to learn (/find meanings) about humans. It would make an interesting part of some social science experiment.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
"My dear little NFs, what series of events could drive you to find yourself within the warm embrace of society all naturale?"

I'm a big fan of Jan Saudek and I wouldn't mind modelling naked for some art photos like those of Saudek's. Although... I would like to model in them without anyone ever getting to know my true identity . :eek:

Jan Saudek & S

Here where I live it's quite normal for people to experience public nudity in saunas, even when there are relatively unknown members of the opposite sex present. I'm also used to walk around naked at home, but only when the curtains are closed and I'm alone or with my boyfriend.

"Would you, could you, should you ever consider nudity as the way to go to find meaning and porpoises?"

I could consider nudity as a way to learn (/find meanings) about humans. It would make an interesting part of some social science experiment.

Fascinating! Where are you from? Could you descibe your experiment a bit more in depth?

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Okay, what I do not understand is why people associate nudity with bad hygiene. I mean, these are two separate issues, are they not?

Actually not. The nude swimming halls are CLEANER than the rest. Theres all kinds of shit in the shorts...

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Actually not. The nude swimming halls are CLEANER than the rest. Theres all kinds of shit in the shorts...

Okay, Nolla, thanks!!! That would actually be one more positive argument in our favor! :hug:

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ah, now I know why she got all fiesty. Sorry I didn't read anything before I posted and trust me, it was not my intention to offend anyone, I humbly bow and apologize. no joke, sorry.

Hon, I get feisty lots of times - do not take it the wrong way or seriously! :hug: