User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Thread: NFs as nudists

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    My dear little NFs, what series of events could drive you to find yourself within the warm embrace of society all naturale? Would you, could you, should you ever consider nudity as the way to go to find meaning and porpoises?
    if i'd grown up in sweden

i walk around 3/4 naked at home all the time and always forget to shut my blinds clothes suck, i always feel like i'm strangling.

but i don't see how being naked 24/7 can give your life meaning

MBTI
    yupp

I'm pretty sure my dad would be a nudist if he could. He walked around the house naked when I was growing up until I turned 12 and made him stop, I've seen him go from his room to his office (in the house still) naked. he's an INTP as far as I can tell. It's something about seeing your own father naked that's just wrong that and the fact that he's almost 62

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I'm pretty sure my dad would be a nudist if he could. He walked around the house naked when I was growing up until I turned 12 and made him stop, I've seen him go from his room to his office (in the house still) naked. he's an INTP as far as I can tell. It's something about seeing your own father naked that's just wrong that and the fact that he's almost 62
    is he swedish?

MBTI
    yupp

no

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Actually, I was hinting that you might not be a J. I really can't imagine an NT saying something like that. Who knows, maybe you're an INFJ and I've mistyped myself. I don't see any other plausible types for me, though, so I'll have to venture that your ideas are the result of your unique psyche.
    It's kinda cute that your one certainty is that we are not the same type. I'm a J rest assured, but I was raised by Ps.

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Right, I'll concede that, but I just don't understand how this course of action makes you feel better. I guess I'm too serious a person to understand all this. There's nothing wrong with how you are, I just don't understand it.
    Read my blog, it may help. There is always the danger with personality 'types' of making people one dimensional characters in an online role playing game. Everyone has complexities and sides to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Meursault View Post
    but i don't see how being naked 24/7 can give your life meaning
    Yeah, that's kinda the joke of the thread.

Okay, if you all want the skinny on this. I've just been noticing an increasing number of negative type threads. I'm always concerned those lead most quickly to stereotypical thinking because they represent our fears and social fears = prejudice. I started the NT fluffy clouds thread and the NF nudity thread for opposites sake to shake things up. Ya know, you can learn more about type when placing people in unexpected scenarios.

As for whether or not i'm a nudist? We'll just keep that little mystery locked up for now.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

I would just like to say a few words about "nudity" in the world today. And I for one am just appalled by it.

Why, did you know that underneath their clothing the entire population of the world is walking around completely naked? Is that not disgusting? And it's not just people, although goodness knows that's bad enough. Animals too, even cute little doggies and pussy cats, can't be trusted. Underneath their fur - absolutely naked!

</Sam the Eagle>
    Dost thou love Life? Then do not squander Time; for that's the Stuff Life is made of.

-- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, June 1746 --

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Well, I'll buckle and admit that I miss our pre-kid around the house noodie days, short-lived though they were. Someday those days will be back again, but we are not going to look much like we looked back then.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFP

I don't quite see why people stop being naked at home when the children arrive. Nudity at home and moderate openness about sex and reproduction is as far as I know statistically related to a healthier self image, better sex life as adult, later and more voluntary debut and more protection. (According to two recent documentaries I've seen, one BBC, the other norwegian.)

MBTI
    INFP

Are we counting skinnydipping as public nudity?

As a side note, I've noticed that American guys seem to be much more likely to delight in casual displays of nudity than Aussie guys are. I think this has something to do with the American tradition of locker-room communal showers, something that is almost unheard of in Australian high-schools.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Carebear View Post
    I don't quite see why people stop being naked at home when the children arrive. Nudity at home and moderate openness about sex and reproduction is as far as I know statistically related to a healthier self image, better sex life as adult, later and more voluntary debut and more protection. (According to two recent documentaries I've seen, one BBC, the other norwegian.)
    In the USA, depending on what state a person lives in, it seems as if adults being nude around children could be interpreted as child abuse under "indecent exposure".