User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 90

  1. #41
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelostnf View Post
    I haven't been on in a while but had to come to say this is me in a serious argument (as you said not common tiffs) The Ni needing to sift through everything...figure out what it all means..I need that before I can discuss how I feel. I feel that if I'm pushed I will most definitely not address what is really causing my reaction.
    Hey girl - long time no see. All is well?

    Not to be disgusting, but it's like trying to lance a boil before it's ready to open. You just cut yourself up and bleed everywhere and the dratted thing's still there.

  2. #42
    Senior Member Littlelostnf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Hey girl - long time no see. All is well?

    Not to be disgusting, but it's like trying to lance a boil before it's ready to open. You just cut yourself up and bleed everywhere and the dratted thing's still there.
    Well I've been caring for the Parental Units and running around like a chicken with my head cut off but for the most part all is well.

    UGH...but yup that's about it..you lance it and there is nasty ripped flesh oozing puss and left over blood...and then it puffs back up again...

    *going to eat now*
    for my life is slowed up by thought and the need to understand what I am living.

  3. #43
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelostnf View Post
    Well I've been caring for the Parental Units and running around like a chicken with my head cut off but for the most part all is well.
    Ah, I see our lives are running a bit in parallel. Take some time for yourself, all right? Don't burn out.

    UGH...but yup that's about it..you lance it and there is nasty ripped flesh oozing puss and left over blood...and then it puffs back up again...

    *going to eat now*
    LOL! Sorry!

  4. #44

    Default

    Time, time, time.

    We NEED it to recover our composure. Period.

    I too get tired of being accused of "grudge-holding" or "sulking" or "insert insult from someone who doesn't need time to process strong reactions." It's for EVERYONE'S benefit that we walk away because we know ourselves best and know that we need to.

    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

  5. #45
    Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    My sister says she can watch the weather changing on my face even if I don't outwardly react.
    that is exactly how it feels. darkening. my mind feels the static that wants to discharge and i can sense in advance that awful comedown feeling afterward (like a phone call put on hold) when i am alone and back in my own body.

    i have no control over it and it's so frustrating when you just want to forget about it but the clouds and their consequences won't go away until you are free and the toxic feeling rains itself out.

  6. #46
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    I wish it were a choice. I can't believe how roiled by emotion I am, and I'm even talking about the good times, not just the bad. Whomever ultimately winds up with me had better like it hot because I can't control the Fe, just it's manifestations.

    My sister says she can watch the weather changing on my face even if I don't outwardly react.
    that was actually more to the people who were saying they wished they could stay angry.


    Negative emotions really bother LadyJaye, especially when prolonged. I hate to see her struggling with something dark and oppressive that won't resolve itself because her natural state is to be generally optimistic and open. We run into a real problem when she can't divest herself of a bad feeling or bad experience. It makes her feel sick and upended. I'm the brooder. She's not. And I don't like it when something pushes her from PopNFresh to Godzilla. She's very tough, but it ticks me off when anything or anyone intrudes on her good nature.
    Yes, very similar and it was more so when I was a child then I had a dark period, and now I'm getting back to my optomistic self.



    I've been taken hostage by NFJ on a rampage many times in my life and it's pretty awful. And you'd think it would help *being* an NFJ, but it doesn't. It's just as bad for me as for anyone else.
    yes, my brother seems to fight back when my mom goes on a rampage, so then it just makes the situation worse, and I'm like oh shit! because then they're both mad, though he tends to just direct his anger towards the person he's mad at because he'll be pissed at my mom and they'll be fighting but he'll let me know that he's not mad at me in some way. even if he doesn't say it he'll show it tends to be very upfront with people and even if you don't ask he'll let you know.
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  7. #47
    Feline Member kelric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INtP
    Posts
    2,169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    i don't think I'd like being able to stay mad because the rare occasions i do it really effects me negativly I tend to not sleep and i have no appetite. I mean I can't see why anyone would want that. Also I tend to be very avoidant if I think someone's mad about something, I think this is because my mom's an NFJ and when she's mad its best to let her cool off. and in the past she'll be mad at someone and I'll be like I need this signed for tommorow and then she'll go off on me, and I'm like
    I'm pretty much with Purple on this... I mean, I will get frustrated... VERY frustrated, at work, but "mad"? It just doesn't happen very often, and when it does, it doesn't tend to stick - I'm pretty easy to pull out of that state. But I am very negatively affected if either me or anyone around me is actually "mad" - no sleep, no appetite is about the best of it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    For clarification, though, how often do y'all get mad enough to have major blowouts with your friends/family? I'm not saying I never get mad or hurt, but I don't think I've had a major fight with anyone since I was a teenager. I guess I tend to avoid relationships where that's a possibility, I don't know. Seems like most of the time fires can be put out before they reach inferno proportions, no? I think it just makes me uncomfortable when someone has a big blowup out of nowhere and I don't see it coming and don't know that I did anything to provoke it.
    Very much the same for me (no surprise there ).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  8. #48
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    that is exactly how it feels. darkening. my mind feels the static that wants to discharge and i can sense in advance that awful comedown feeling afterward (like a phone call put on hold) when i am alone and back in my own body.

    i have no control over it and it's so frustrating when you just want to forget about it but the clouds and their consequences won't go away until you are free and the toxic feeling rains itself out.
    Thank goodness. That's me all over.

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    that was actually more to the people who were saying they wished they could stay angry.
    Yeah seriously, who would *want* to stay angry?

    yes, my brother seems to fight back when my mom goes on a rampage, so then it just makes the situation worse, and I'm like oh shit! because then they're both mad, though he tends to just direct his anger towards the person he's mad at because he'll be pissed at my mom and they'll be fighting but he'll let me know that he's not mad at me in some way. even if he doesn't say it he'll show it tends to be very upfront with people and even if you don't ask he'll let you know.
    Sounds like he has a good grip on his anger. What type did you say he was, by the way?

  9. #49
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,780

    Default

    ESTP with fairly developed F. But I'm not sure, he's not been really in my life since sophmore year of high school, except like twice a year. But he reminds me a lot of Lukepd (who is ESTP) on here. except my brother doesn't have an australian accent.
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  10. #50
    Senior Member Kyrielle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    For clarification, though, how often do y'all get mad enough to have major blowouts with your friends/family? I'm not saying I never get mad or hurt, but I don't think I've had a major fight with anyone since I was a teenager. I guess I tend to avoid relationships where that's a possibility, I don't know. Seems like most of the time fires can be put out before they reach inferno proportions, no? I think it just makes me uncomfortable when someone has a big blowup out of nowhere and I don't see it coming and don't know that I did anything to provoke it.
    Once every two years maybe. It largely depends on the situation. And a lot of the "blowouts" happen in my head, in which I don't actually fight with my family directly. Instead I play it out in my head so I can go ahead and argue with them without having to scream and shout and rip up my vocal cords and then contend with the relational consequences. I should probably confront them more, though.

    I think the last row I had was with my mother last summer, when she just wouldn't let me alone about not having a job eventhough I had really tried to get one. It seems like when I'm living at home, it's much more likely to happen.

    I have yet to feel anywhere near angry with the friends I live with now.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

    Robert Frost

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] Do NFJs tend to be the most private types?
    By Glycerine in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 04-10-2009, 09:19 PM
  2. To Be or Not to Be...That is the Question!!
    By Winds of Thor in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-11-2009, 05:06 AM
  3. To be, or not to be...
    By SillySapienne in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 09-16-2008, 09:58 PM
  4. Not even being facetious here!
    By Mycroft in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-17-2007, 06:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO