User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: I hate school.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Default I hate school.

(Dunno where to put this. Seems more personal than academic to me. )

I hate college! Classrooms have never suited me, traditional learning has never made me anything but bitter. I am not smarter for all the years I have passed through the damnable system, just incredibly depressed and prejudiced towards things I once loved. I write so many essays, so many papers, that the thought of writing just one more makes me cry. No, I am not joking, tears are cascading down my cheeks as I sit down to write this 350 word "proof by reason" essay. Can something so short really even be called an essay? I do not know but it is the first "paper" I am sitting down to write this semester, I am completely repulsed by it. Oh lord, how will I make it through this time. I just want to drop everything and run from my campus. The people are lovely, I have never been bullied and nobody but lovesick dogs bother me. It is not as though I wish to avoid the people in particular, it is just the whole setup. What is wrong with me? Nobody understands my intense dislike of schooling. We all have the fleeting dislike of homework on occasion, but my very soul repels the thought of picking up another assignment. I doubt that so many people feel this awful at the prospect of doing another mundane problem, or perhaps they have been whipped completely into submission. It can work for some people, obviously, but what about those of us that are not fulfilled by the one system?

I do not know, maybe something is terribly wrong with my mind. Diagnose me, please.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Idk, but if you find a solution, I would love to hear it.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

1. You are not the only one to have ever felt this way.

2. Why are you in college if you hate it so much?

3. Is what you are studying something you hate? If so, why put so much time into something you no interest in?
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I'm only in 10th grade..I have two and a half more years of HS, than over 6 years of college ahead..fear not, Clover! It will all pay off, and you will look back and see is simply as a great thing that you have accomplished.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Glycerine

I hate school a lot too but I try to look at how it will benefit me in the long run. More possibilities and doors tend to open up if you do well in school.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Clover View Post
    I do not know, maybe something is terribly wrong with my mind. Diagnose me, please.
    There's nothing wrong with you.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

1. You are not the only one to have ever felt this way.

I know that, but I have never found anyone who could relate to me.

2. Why are you in college if you hate it so much?

Parents, society, "you need a degree or you a phailure~"

3. Is what you are studying something you hate? If so, why put so much time into something you no interest in?

I'm "studying" liberal arts, I don't have any interest in majoring in anything at all. Everything to do with studying is just a pain in the ass.

MBTI
    ISFJ

I flunked (dunno the correct english term) two years in college because I hate it so much. I've thought about dropping out numerous times. I have come to the conclusion, though, that I need to prove to myself I can finish this plate of rancid food and still smile about it in the end.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    4w5

It seems to be a situation of the happiness of your future self vs. your present self. I mean, if you stay in school and get a good degree, studies show you will be paid more, have a more steady job, and generally be happier (Western studies, of course), but your present self has to suffer through the misery. However, if you want to take the stance of living in the here-and-now and making the most of time and life, you will live for your present self.
    Now comes the hard decision of choosing which self is more important.
    INFj. 4w5.
    Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one!'
    --C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by baileytodd View Post
    It seems to be a situation of the happiness of your future self vs. your present self. I mean, if you stay in school and get a good degree, studies show you will be paid more, have a more steady job, and generally be happier (Western studies, of course), but your present self has to suffer through the misery. However, if you want to take the stance of living in the here-and-now and making the most of time and life, you will live for your present self.
    Now comes the hard decision of choosing which self is more important.
    Though it apparently works for you, positively affecting outward decision-making by virtue of statistics isn't as simple for others. By god, we wouldn't have this thread to post in and give each other advice.