12 Last

Thread: infp thinking?

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    infp

Default infp thinking?

you ever get this, when you go to class say at college and just by virtue of walking into the room you suddenly know what everyone feels about you i mean that is an exaggeration but seriously

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I usually have an idea of it, and from the idea I have I can change it to something acceptable if it already isn't.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by whimsical View Post
    you ever get this, when you go to class say at college and just by virtue of walking into the room you suddenly know what everyone feels about you i mean that is an exaggeration but seriously
    I got this feeling, but it was back when I was pretty insecure. I bet I was wrong more often than not.

Truth is, when you walk into the room usually people just glance at you and then quickly forget you exist. (Not YOU specifically, but people in general.)

MBTI
    INFJ

I'm an INFP but honestly, I think that is just our perception of the looking glass self. We see people percieving us in the way that we feel others percieve us. If that makes sense? We see people taking us in and 'believe' the manner in which they take us in is a certain way. Sometimes this causes that perception to be true and sometimes it isn't.

We have a very strong internal mindset, as any introvert does, and therefore are more prone to live in our mind. So it's harder to understand the perceptions of another's mind when we are so deep routed in our own.

Don't get me wrong- I walk into a room and think people are percieving me in a certain way too. But most of that is feeding off my own insecurity and not the reality. Just as Udog said for his own past.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

OOH Geeze. That takes me back. It gets easier, you do get more comfy in your skin. Worst time for me was High school....bare in mind it probably isn't about you, but how they themselves feel personally about themselves. It took me years to figure that out.
    It didn't make sense until a counsellor of mine told me I was empathic...and that what I was feeling wasn't all mine.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by whimsical
    you suddenly know what everyone feels
    only because you were planing to impress them punks with your lecture about paleontology?

or like automatically, before you notice the temperature, while you are just taking out the trash? dude, tell me about it!

i have written some mad stuff about it

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    I got this feeling, but it was back when I was pretty insecure. I bet I was wrong more often than not.
    Me too. I am still pretty insecure, but I have a better handle on external reality. Not a great one, but much better than when I was in high school or college. I had a problem with this in particular, because I project a general air of happiness, even when I am distressed (kind of like a dog, like a lab or something). I have found that being happy ticks people off, since generally people are miserable they don't like to see others being happy. I have even had a few people comment about me in this regard.

I think us INFPs have a very difficult time with this. Because we spend a majority of the time focusing on ourselves and "noticing" ourselves, I think we feel very noticed and exposed when we are out & about. However, I think other introverts are focused on themselves so don't worry about them. I'm not sure who extroverts are focused on - each other I guess.
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by speculative View Post
    I think us INFPs have a very difficult time with this. Because we spend a majority of the time focusing on ourselves and "noticing" ourselves, I think we feel very noticed and exposed when we are out & about.
    I often wonder if I come across as self absorbed....It's the truth, perhaps, 'cos I'm just so damn interesting, but you know, I don't think I'm selfish.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTj
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by speculative View Post
    I'm not sure who extroverts are focused on - each other I guess.
    Shhhhh you might draw their attention!
    ENTJ LIE
    3w4 sp/sx
    3w4(4w5)-5w6(6w7)-9w8(1w9)

Quote Originally Posted by musingpandora View Post
    I'm an INFP but honestly, I think that is just our perception of the looking glass self. We see people percieving us in the way that we feel others percieve us. If that makes sense? We see people taking us in and 'believe' the manner in which they take us in is a certain way. Sometimes this causes that perception to be true and sometimes it isn't.

We have a very strong internal mindset, as any introvert does, and therefore are more prone to live in our mind. So it's harder to understand the perceptions of another's mind when we are so deep routed in our own.

Don't get me wrong- I walk into a room and think people are percieving me in a certain way too. But most of that is feeding off my own insecurity and not the reality. Just as Udog said for his own past.
    Actually I think it was the best day of my life when I discovered not everyone sees the same way as ENFPs. My thoughts suddenly felt a lot safer. I'm not sure it was as great day when I realised people still didn't follow my thoughts when they were verbalised though .
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.