User Tag List

123 Last

Glycerine

Default Do Others Have this Problem?

So I'm 19 and the people I tend to connect with the most are usually 20-30 years older. It's not that I don't like my peers, it's just really interesting. I let out my pretty immature when I'm around them but when I'm around much older individuals, I'm a lot more serious and get into many in depth conversations. Can others identiy with this?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

No, because the older people I meet tend to be more interested in their kids than in philosophy. Doesn't really seem like a "problem," though.

(Moved from NF Idyllic.)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by IDK123 View Post
    So I'm 19 and the people I tend to connect with the most are usually 20-30 years older. It's not that I don't like my peers, it's just really interesting. I let out my pretty immature when I'm around them but when I'm around much older individuals, I'm a lot more serious and get into many in depth conversations. Can others identiy with this?
    Sometimes. I tend to feel the most comfortable with folks in their late 20s and early 30s. I don't know why. I'm not neccessarily that much more serious around them. It just seems like when an interesting topic comes up admist the goofing around, it's easier to keep discussing that topic. With younger people, I've noticed an increased tendency to have difficulty in switching between degrees of seriousness. It's like it has to be one extreme or the other per conversation. Beause of this, it's difficult for me to feel as invested in a conversation with younger people because I can switch from being serious to not-serious at the drop of a hat. It's very frustrating when the rest of the people I'm talking to take a lot longer to switch modes.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

beyondaurora

Yes, I can relate. When I was a teenager, all my 'friends' were my teachers, adult neighbors, counselors, parents that I babysat for, etc. It seemed I awed everyone around me as being "wise beyond [my] years" and an "old soul". But I certainly had my goofy, immature side that came out with my family and boyfriend (I didn't have many friends because I really didn't connect with people my age).

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by beyondaurora View Post
    Yes, I can relate. When I was a teenager, all my 'friends' were my teachers, adult neighbors, counselors, parents that I babysat for, etc. It seemed I awed everyone around me as being "wise beyond [my] years" and an "old soul". But I certainly had my goofy, immature side that came out with my family and boyfriend (I didn't have many friends because I really didn't connect with people my age).
    Does it tend to even once you get older?

beyondaurora

Does it tend to even once you get older?
    Oddly, for me, it seems that I am now making up for missing out on the immaturity that usually goes along with youth. I am less interested in deep conversations with older adults and more interested in connecting with people my age.

MBTI
    ISFJ

I'm a MILF fan, does that count?

WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Yep.
    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    sheesh humans! for realz

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    haha well, actually that makes sense. .

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by beyondaurora View Post
    Oddly, for me, it seems that I am now making up for missing out on the immaturity that usually goes along with youth. I am less interested in deep conversations with older adults and more interested in connecting with people my age.
    That sounds like a lot of fun. . i have a feeling that I'm going to go wild once I graduate and get a job.