• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Stats on NFs

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
There's been a lot of discussion about types being more or less things, so I though these at Myers-Briggs Personality Test Online, MBTI, Online Group and Team Testing, Career Tests, Test Packages were interesting.

ENFJs

# Rated by psychologists among 2 types least likely to have trouble in school.

# In national sample "Leisure Activities," overrepresented in "Appreciating art," "Writing," "Listening to music," and "Reading"; underrepresented in "Watching TV 3 or more hours per day."

# Academic subjects preferred: art, English, music.

# Among 3 highest types in national sample liking work environments with "Variety of tasks," "Teamwork," and "People from a variety of backgrounds"; Include in 3 most desirable characteristics "Independence and achievement."

# Most important feature of an ideal job: "Use of my special abilities."

# In national sample, were among those most satisfied with their work, where they work, but likely to leave job.

# In national sample, greatest work environment satisfiers are "People I work with," "Opportunities to use talents," "Opportunity to learn," "Job security," "Amount of responsibility," and "Opportunity for societal contribution"; greatest dissatisfiers were "Promotions" and "Salary."

# Highest ranks on coping resources used were social and cognitive (ranked 3rd on both among the 16 types); ranked 3rd in total resources of the 16 types.

# In national sample, highest in coping with stress by "Exercising."

# In national sample, ranked highest in "Belief in a higher spiritual power."

ENFP

# 3rd most frequent among education majors in college.

# In national sample "Leisure Activities," overrepresented in "Writing," "Appreciating art," "Playing musical instrument," "Listening to music," "Reading"; underrepresented in "Watching TV for leisure" and "Watching TV 3 or more hours per day."

# In national sample, lowest of all types in liking work environments where "Everything is done by the book"; 1 of 3 highest types in liking "Independence & achievement," "Teamwork," and "People from different backgrounds."

# Most important feature on an ideal job: creativity and originality.

# In national sample, dissatisfied with "Promotions" and "Salary"; satisfied with "People I work with" in their jobs.

# With ESTJs, had highest total coping resources of all the types.

# Ranked 1st of all 16 types in using social and emotional coping resources and 2nd in using cognitive resources.

# In national sample, ranked lowest in coping with stress by "Developing physical symptoms."

INFJ

# Most important feature of an ideal job: "Use of my special abilities."

# In national sample, highest in reporting stress associated with "Work, "Intimate relationship," "School," and "Other."

# In national sample, highest in coping with stress by "Talking to a professional."

# In national sample, ranked highest in being dissatisfied with "Marriage/intimate relationship"

# In national sample "Leisure Activities," overrepresented in "Writing" and "Appreciating art"; underrepresented in "Watching sporting events."

# Among highest college persisters.

# 3 top work characteristics favored in national sample: "Variety of tasks," "Clear structure," and "Independence & achievement"; lowest of all types in liking work environments with "Opportunities for advancement & high pay but not job security."

# In national sample, dissatisfied with "Promotions" and "Salary" in their jobs.

# With ISTPs, ranked first among all the types in using spiritual/philosophical coping resources.

# Among the 3 male types most "oblivious" to partner's dissatisfaction with the relationship.

INFP

# Most important feature of an ideal job: creativity and originality.

# Have a general advantage in foreign language learning.

# Most likely of all the types to report suicidal thoughts in college.

# In national sample "Leisure Activities," overrepresented in "Writing," "Appreciating art," "Reading," and "Listening to music."

# Among 3 highest types favoring work environments with "Independence & achievement," and include among top 3 desirable characteristics "Variety of tasks" and "Clear structure."

# In national sample, greatest dissatisfiers in the work environment were "Promotions," "Amount of stress," and "Opportunities for accomplishment."

# In national sample, with INTPs, most dissatisfied with the work they do, where they work, and future work opportunities, and likely to leave job.

# Underrepresented among men with chronic pain.

# Showed the highest level of depression of the 16 types with chronic pain.

# Overrepresented among a sample of male therapists.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is a great post, thank you for sharing.

I don't understand the two statements before the last on INFPs.

Does this mean INFP males don't have much chronic pain but they are the most depressed when they have it?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
really interesting thanks! :D

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Interesting. I agree with the parts about work:

# Among 3 highest types favoring work environments with "Independence & achievement," and include among top 3 desirable characteristics "Variety of tasks" and "Clear structure."

I like independence, and variety is good as long as I don't have to muck around in other people's messes...

Lotr246

# With ISTPs, ranked first among all the types in using spiritual/philosophical coping resources.

Yes, I agree with this completely. I am always seeking to improve myself or alter my state of consciousness in order to cope.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
I don't understand the two statements before the last on INFPs.

Does this mean INFP males don't have much chronic pain but they are the most depressed when they have it?

I think so, yeah.

If you agree with me that chronic pain often starts from psychological trouble (stress and so on), INFPs are apparently more sensitive to stress and avoid those situation, so as a group they have less chronic pain. But the ones who just find it impossible to escape, they have the most severe psychological problems as the time goes by...

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
# In national sample, dissatisfied with "Promotions" and "Salary"; satisfied with "People I work with" in their jobs.
lol. Soo true..

# In national sample, lowest of all types in liking work environments where "Everything is done by the book"; 1 of 3 highest types in liking "Independence & achievement," "Teamwork," and "People from different backgrounds."
I cut some slack, and question authority a lot. Teamwork, group consensus makes me jovial.:) Especially when I can learn from people who speak different languages to expand on my international vocab (usually bad words, hello's, sentimental expressions).

Thanks! I love the analysis. Parts of it was a tough bullet to bite.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I think the last three of ours highlight where the bulletproof myth comes from.

# With ESTJs, had highest total coping resources of all the types.

# Ranked 1st of all 16 types in using social and emotional coping resources and 2nd in using cognitive resources.

# In national sample, ranked lowest in coping with stress by "Developing physical symptoms."

Bethedee

MBTI Type
INFJ
# In national sample, highest in reporting stress associated with "Work, "Intimate relationship," "School," and "Other."

That makes total sense. I get stressed out all the time and I definitely don't deal very well.

# In national sample, ranked highest in being dissatisfied with "Marriage/intimate relationship"

I can see this happening too because of problems with communication, and feeling misunderstood, etc.