User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Default Arrested Development

I have to know if other NFs are as taken with this show as I am. For me it is absolutely the smartest/funniest show that has ever been on television. I have watched the entire series at least 25 times and I still find myself catching new and funny things. I have tended to find that most of my NF friends like the show while my other friends that are not NF don't quite seem to get it, though obviously this is quite a small sample set. Thus I have decided to expand that sample set in the easiest way possible: anonymous inquiries on the internet in a forum I joined about ten minutes ago, a forum about a subject that I became addicted about three days ago.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

The people who produced the show did an excellent job capitalizing on subtlety and body language, and that minute shade of spunk was what apparently drove it off the cliff. It was neat while it lasted.

Oh yeah, this thread probably needs to move.

MBTI
    ISFJ

I saw half of the first episode at a friend's house (he loves the show, I think he's an SP) and didn't find it funny at all. Should I still give it another shot or what? Does it grow on you or evolve in some form?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

It's definitely epic. I seem to remember that the 3rd season wasn't quite as good as the others. Stupid Fox, taking all the good shows off the air. "It's the final Countdown!"

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    I saw half of the first episode at a friend's house (he loves the show, I think he's an SP) and didn't find it funny at all. Should I still give it another shot or what? Does it grow on you or evolve in some form?
    I like it, not worship it, but a lot of the humor is sort of in-jokes from previous episodes. You gotta watch it from the beginning.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE

I LOOVE LOVE LOVE ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT!!!

Me and my INFJ friend are absolutely obsessed with the Bluth family! Come to think about it, I hang around with several NF's who are just as smitten with the show, I think you are on to something here!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

What is this show about?
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by speculative View Post
    What is this show about?
    It's about George Oscar Bluth, the incredible bungling magician. He's the only reason why I watched it.

Dad Bluth gets sent to jail and has his 3 sons and 1 daughter run his company. All family members but one try, at one point or another, to get the largest slice of pie in secret. Unfortunately, the oldest son is the only sensible one, so the others usually foul up horribly and make for some good laughs.

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by speculative View Post
    What is this show about?
    It's about a group of spectacularly self-absorbed people in southern california who are variously trying to save their marriages, businesses, relationships, etc. and fail incredibly.

I don't know if there's an NF connection to enjoying it, I love it dearly, but was introduced to it by I'm pretty sure an ESFP. It is a show that you definitely have to be in the rhythm of to enjoy. I'm reasonably convinced that anybody who properly watches it from season 1, episode 1 will find something to enjoy about it.

Also, when I was more wee than I am now (and living in LA, and trying futilely to be a child actor), I auditioned to be George Michael, which made it really weird when Michael Cera went on to fame fortune.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I caught it by accident and watched the whole series with my ISFJ dad. It does build on itself.