• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Arrested Development

Lambchop

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I LOVE this show (ISFJ), my husbands LOVES it (INFP) and so does my ISFP and ENFJ son. I think the show is funny for lots of different people!!

Possible Types:

Pop Pop: ENFJ
Oscar: ENFP
Gangee: ESTJ
Michael: ISTJ
George Michael: INFP, for sure!
Buster: ISFP
GOB: ESFJ
Lindsay: ESFJ
Tobias: ENFP
Maeby: ISTJ

And bonus for some side characters:
Steve Holt!: ENFJ
Barry Zuckerkorn: INTJ
Lucille 2: ESFJ
Bob Loblaw: ISTJ
Egg ... er, Ann: ISFJ

My guesses! I'd love to hear other people's opinions!!

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Mad show -- the episodes are unevenly funny but they are all funny. Often frigging hilarious! There's really no plot but the characters are so unique, awkward, oblivious and endearing.

My favorites are George Michael, Portia's character (particularly when she starts her charity :rofl1:), Tobias (in his blue man phase and never naked cut offs and the magician brother (his move when performing magic is so ridiculous).

LEGERdeMAIN

haha, yeah, buster has to be an ISFP. I would say that Maeby is an ESTJ.

Have you noticed how often incest is joked about in this show?

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
It was a great show! I didn't see it while it was still on the air; I saw the three seasons after. How I Met Your Mother is a great show as well.

Goatman455

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I have to know if other NFs are as taken with this show as I am. For me it is absolutely the smartest/funniest show that has ever been on television. I have watched the entire series at least 25 times and I still find myself catching new and funny things. I have tended to find that most of my NF friends like the show while my other friends that are not NF don't quite seem to get it, though obviously this is quite a small sample set. Thus I have decided to expand that sample set in the easiest way possible: anonymous inquiries on the internet in a forum I joined about ten minutes ago, a forum about a subject that I became addicted about three days ago.

I think the key for this show is the N aspect. I think Ns are more likely to find it funny than Ss because the humor is so off the wall. Personally, I love the show. That said, I am sure personality types of every kind can find it funny.

penelope

MBTI Type
INxJ
I am fully addicted to AD.

Actually, here's how I was introduced to it: A friend of mine told me I would love it because I'm just like this character, Rita. I watch the first 6 episodes of the 3rd season. Before we find out what MR F means, I agree wholeheartedly that I'm just like her. Andddd I still agree. :D

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I have to know if other NFs are as taken with this show as I am. For me it is absolutely the smartest/funniest show that has ever been on television. I have watched the entire series at least 25 times and I still find myself catching new and funny things. I have tended to find that most of my NF friends like the show while my other friends that are not NF don't quite seem to get it, though obviously this is quite a small sample set. Thus I have decided to expand that sample set in the easiest way possible: anonymous inquiries on the internet in a forum I joined about ten minutes ago, a forum about a subject that I became addicted about three days ago.

arresteddevelopmentislifetome.
Love it.

I notice most of the people I mention it to don't particularly know what is it or just don't get it/aren't interested, like you said. The show has an "acquired kind of humor," as my friend put it the other day. If you don't naturally get the funny, just look for it!

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Have you noticed how often incest is joked about in this show?

Yeah! :laugh:
Something so completely frowned upon in our society turned into comedic gold? The recipe to funny.

Campanella

Pop Pop: ESTP
Oscar: ISFP
Gangee: ENTJ
Michael: ISFJ
George Michael: INFJ
Buster: INTP
GOB: ESTP
Lindsay: ESFP
Tobias: ENFP
Maeby: ENTP

And bonus for some side characters:
Steve Holt!: Exxx
Barry Zuckerkorn: xxxx
Lucille 2: INFP
Bob Loblaw: IxTJ
Egg ... er, Ann: INFP
Rita (tricky?): INxJ
Ron Howard, of course as narrator (same as IRL?): xxxx
+
Anyong: INTJ

Istbkleta

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Pop Pop: x
Oscar: x
Gangee: the quintessential ISFJ overlord mother
Michael: the quintessential ENFJ with the self-sacrifice and moral high ground and not trusting anybody to do the job properly
George Michael: ISTJ (with an ENFJ dad which influences him a lot)
Buster: x
GOB: ESFP
Lindsay: ENFP (a spoiled one)
Tobias: INTP who is trying to use Fe and failing :)
Maeby: ESTP

This show is like watching an MBTI documentary :)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Michael: E?FJ 2w3>6w7>1w9 So/Sp
George Michael: IN?? 6w?>9w1>2w3 Sp/Sx
GOB: 3w2>7w6>8w7 Sx/So
Lindsay: ESTP 7w6>3w2>9w8 Sx/So
Lucille: EN?J 3w4>8w7>5w6 Sp/??
George Snr: ESTP 6w7>3w2>8w7 So/Sp
Tobias: ENFP 4w3>7w6>??? Sp/So
Maebe: ENTJ 8w7>3w4>5w6 Sp/Sx
Oscar: ISFP 9w8>6w7>4w5 So/Sx
Buster: INTP 6w5>4w3>8w7 Sp/Sx

frylockholmes

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
I LOVE arrested development... I'm an ENFJ... and I'm pretty sure Michael is an ENFJ. I just REALLLY relate to his character... responsibility, wanting everyone to be happy, manipulation for the greater good. He's big on Fe.