Here's my friend Greg's page. He paints and happens to be INFP

http://www.gregsultan.com/gallery.php?id=5A1

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Lyedecker View Post
    What about the ones who have a taste for both? I love me some Mos Def and Kool Keith but I gotta have my Pink Floyd too, man.

But in all honesty, fuck the good old days. There was good music in the seventies, but the majority was still shite. Let us not forget Gloria Gaynor and Glen Campbell.
    Well, yeah I know plenty of INFJs who listen to sigur ros, but I think my point is that the emotions in the song are actual INFP emotions, not INFJ emotions, and vice versa. I can enjoy the emotions of ESFPs talking about "all I wanna do is *bang bang bang* and take your money," doesn't necessarily mean I'm ESFP.

Sheep pill, broster asynartetic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    Well, yeah I know plenty of INFJs who listen to sigur ros, but I think my point is that the emotions in the song are actual INFP emotions, not INFJ emotions, and vice versa. I can enjoy the emotions of ESFPs talking about "all I wanna do is *bang bang bang* and take your money," doesn't necessarily mean I'm ESFP.
    Well I can understand that. Most of my favorite songwriters are probably INFPs or ENFPs. Stephen Malkmus, John Lennon, Cat Power.

I think Leonard Cohen is INFJ though. Brian Eno too, maybe.

Stansmith

I find it somewhat disappointing when I feel that an INFJ artist is appealing to the subtle nuances of Fi, only to later learn that the artist's intention was much more general, or even detached.....Although I guess this is something that one can experience with any artist, and it shouldn't really invalidate whatever emotional response a film or a song happens to provoke in you.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    it was a dumb (and now retracted) statement. my intention was to say that infj focuses more attention on objective abstraction and insight that often trumps its own feelings, values, beliefs. (why i get called a shape-shifter). we are more idea based and less value based. i have to change my values to support my ideas, which are, for me, higher on the food chain.

infj would be more likely to go on the attack and undermine the legitimacy of the claim. infp says, are you serious? wtf gives you the right to talk to me like that. it's different. either way, point taken- it was a mistake on my part.
    Somehow I overlooked your wording and picked up on what you intended. I think you raise a valid point. I had always felt there was a difference in the style/feel of INFJ art vs INFP art. Though I had always seen it as a difference of Ni/Se and Ne/Si and not Fe/Ti vs Fi/Te. But the N/S aspects are more readily picked up on aesthetically, I suppose.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    I find it somewhat disappointing when I feel that an INFJ artist is appealing to the subtle nuances of Fi, only to later learn that the artist's intention was much more general, or even detached.....Although I guess this is something that one can experience with any artist, and it shouldn't really invalidate whatever emotional response a film or a song happens to provoke in you.
    It's possible the artist feels safer when detaching. I know I tend to do this when forced to explain something I created. My thoughts or ideas are at stake and may be made fun of. Maybe they aren't significant? Maybe I'm cheap? I tend to feel safer when I explain things more broadly.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flame View Post
    while they're a band in the truest sense of the word, i see jonsi as an enfj 3w4.

Mud and rain and chaos... TickTock's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

I feel this is a strong example of INFJ work:

http://florenceboyd.com

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    i don't disagree, or intend to sound drably fatalistic. infj pays WAY MORE ATTENTION to (the meaning of) the past than most other types. i was intensely effected by my anthropology courses bc it changed my perception on the potential and future actualization of humanity at large, mySELF, the world, etc. i see animal behavior and it changes the way i feel about aspects of my own social life. we think this way. one of my primary goals is recognizing myself within the larger scope of the world, and fostering a creative process that will help me unleash myself on the world. i'm still learning, but the Big Picture idea is a huge aspect of what i can do and who i can become, bc it doesn't stop and just like *press pause* while i paint, or draw, or dance. that's not me, i don't do TM yet and i have very little practice centering myself. i'm too old to feel so adolescent (25!) but i still do, caught in the throes and the throngs of things, that, sadly, often get bogged down in ideas more than life itself. for good or ill i tend to be hyperbolic, and allow ideas to drive me more than subjective values and the internal resonances of emotionalized experience.

this conflict is an exciting moment for me to understand myself.

dylan = infj troubadour. distance. impersonal. dostoeyevsky. leonard cohen might be too. characters are symbols to be maneuvered and placed. the connections between them will speak, not I (not I not I not I). folk music is owned by no one.
    kerouac = ticking infp time bomb. tear-stained pages. insanity (big sur! desolation angels!) and paranoia! he is an industrial revolution of emotion. he produces enough to blow up entire cities. the void and his buddhist abyss can't hold them, they burst at the seams.

i grow tired of hyperbole trying to defibrilate my heart and jump my battery. the delicate shades of feeling only come back to me when i see them outside of myself.
    bob dylan is definitely not INFJ. his lyrics are so dreamy and absurd in many cases. very INFP. he isn't concerned with being totally understood by people; he's okay with being an enigma. he does what he wants, when he wants it. he is entirely concerned with self-expression. i've never seen him exhibit any Fe... he could care less what people think of him. he's kind of a curmudgeonly INFP. he's a poet first.

leonard cohen is very much an INFP. you should read his book 'beautiful losers.' it is pure Fi + Ne. and his songs are so melancholic and pure in an INFP way. i think you are looking too much into the details here; INFPs use symbols in their work too, but the vibe and feeling is just different.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by lulabelle View Post
    bob dylan is definitely not INFJ. his lyrics are so dreamy and absurd in many cases. very INFP. he isn't concerned with being totally understood by people; he's okay with being an enigma. he does what he wants, when he wants it. he is entirely concerned with self-expression. i've never seen him exhibit any Fe... he could care less what people think of him. he's kind of a curmudgeonly INFP. he's a poet first.

leonard cohen is very much an INFP. you should read his book 'beautiful losers.' it is pure Fi + Ne. and his songs are so melancholic and pure in an INFP way. i think you are looking too much into the details here; INFPs use symbols in their work too, but the vibe and feeling is just different.
    i'd revise both of those.

bob dylan isfp 4w3 sx/sp
    leonard cohen enfj 3w4 so/sx

3s know how to create an impression. even if the mechanisms/resources are different for Fi and Fe.

i also think much of the function of F (and something in all people) drives us to care what others think about us. i think the unfocused so instinct has more to do with appearing to not care about what others think than Fi vs Fe does. i think Fe is more concerned with craving an articulation of agreement or consensus, whereas Fi is more focused on ensuring acceptable experience.