User Tag List

First 1234 Last

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

To the OP,
    Whether you like or not, every INFP is going to react badly to your post, the minute they see INFJ's are intellectuality superior.
    Great, I can write pretty poems, and draw pretty pictures, but I just can't think because I'm too busy being emo.
    And people wonder INFP's have such low self esteem.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Ohhh my gahhddd I have no sense of logic whatsoever! I solve math just by how I feel about the problem! Whee unicorns! Hurr Durr.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    A full sponge sinks deeper into the sink (Or something :p )
    My favorite TypeC quote so far! That's ... deep.

To the OP: I am hesitant to respond to your post, suffice to say that you simply need to be yourself and not let MBTI limit your creative process.

Avoid stereotyping; there's little to recommend it.

hehe, at blackcat.

I'm actually sharing a project with an INFP at work, and the main difference between INFP and ENFP seems to be the tertiary. He gathers information and reads up on stuff more readily, and I have this obsession with organising and optimising stuff. Other thing I've noticed in terms of work, is the dom Ne can be a blessing for speed, but long term concentration and care seem to improve if you push it down to auxiliary.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by FireyPheonix View Post
    To the OP,
    Whether you like or not, every INFP is going to react badly to your post, the minute they see INFJ's are intellectuality superior.
    Great, I can write pretty poems, and draw pretty pictures, but I just can't think because I'm too busy being emo.
    it was a dumb (and now retracted) statement. my intention was to say that infj focuses more attention on objective abstraction and insight that often trumps its own feelings, values, beliefs. (why i get called a shape-shifter). we are more idea based and less value based. i have to change my values to support my ideas, which are, for me, higher on the food chain.

infj would be more likely to go on the attack and undermine the legitimacy of the claim. infp says, are you serious? wtf gives you the right to talk to me like that. it's different. either way, point taken- it was a mistake on my part.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    It's that inspiration that should be the driver for your creativity, and one force - you call it immediacy vs. insight - isn't better than the other. Also, I want to comment that INFJ's don't lack Fi. If you believe you do, then of course you will set your own limits and boundaries as to what you can achieve and do. And if you believe you are limited in some fashion in your own abilities, and focus on whatever limitations you perceive you have, then you are in effect setting rigid walls around your personality.
    i don't disagree, or intend to sound drably fatalistic. infj pays WAY MORE ATTENTION to (the meaning of) the past than most other types. i was intensely effected by my anthropology courses bc it changed my perception on the potential and future actualization of humanity at large, mySELF, the world, etc. i see animal behavior and it changes the way i feel about aspects of my own social life. we think this way. one of my primary goals is recognizing myself within the larger scope of the world, and fostering a creative process that will help me unleash myself on the world. i'm still learning, but the Big Picture idea is a huge aspect of what i can do and who i can become, bc it doesn't stop and just like *press pause* while i paint, or draw, or dance. that's not me, i don't do TM yet and i have very little practice centering myself. i'm too old to feel so adolescent (25!) but i still do, caught in the throes and the throngs of things, that, sadly, often get bogged down in ideas more than life itself. for good or ill i tend to be hyperbolic, and allow ideas to drive me more than subjective values and the internal resonances of emotionalized experience.

this conflict is an exciting moment for me to understand myself.

Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    I can understand what you mean by your Dylan/Kerouac comparison, and wishing to be more Kerouac-ish
    dylan = infj troubadour. distance. impersonal. dostoeyevsky. leonard cohen might be too. characters are symbols to be maneuvered and placed. the connections between them will speak, not I (not I not I not I). folk music is owned by no one.
    kerouac = ticking infp time bomb. tear-stained pages. insanity (big sur! desolation angels!) and paranoia! he is an industrial revolution of emotion. he produces enough to blow up entire cities. the void and his buddhist abyss can't hold them, they burst at the seams.

i grow tired of hyperbole trying to defibrilate my heart and jump my battery. the delicate shades of feeling only come back to me when i see them outside of myself.
    Likes milestogo liked this post

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    it was a dumb (and now retracted) statement. my intention was to say that infj focuses more attention on objective abstraction and insight that often trumps its own feelings, values, beliefs. (why i get called a shape-shifter). we are more idea based and less value based. i have to change my values to support my ideas, which are, for me, higher on the food chain.
    Ne = ideas essentially. How are INFPs less idea based?

Definition of cognitive functions | Spreading Applicable Ideas

Ne- "Interpreting situations and relationships; picking up meanings and interconnections; being drawn to change "what is " for "what could possibly be"; noticing what is not said and threads of meaning emerging across multiple contexts"

Ni- "Foreseeing implications and likely effects without external data; realizing "what will be"; conceptualizing new ways of seeing things; envisioning transformations; getting an image of profound meaning or far-reaching symbols"

Both kinds of intuition are good for ideas and looking forward, just in different ways.
    infj would be more likely to go on the attack and undermine the legitimacy of the claim. infp says, are you serious? wtf gives you the right to talk to me like that. it's different. either way, point taken- it was a mistake on my part.
    No not really. I'm always on the look out for someone not being genuine or lying. Why would we sit there and take it when we know something is wrong? Explain how this happens, really. The way you are describing INFPs is that you know probably one INFP in real life and you are basing everything you say off of that one person, or you have read too many profiles and don't realize how overly generalized and sometimes inaccurate they are. See? This is me, right now, going on the attack and undermining the legitimacy of YOUR claim. Most NFs I know will do this in fact, it's not just an INFJ quality.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

No worries...point taken about the reaction too...it was a bit emo, and kinda proves your point about our emotional immediacy. BTW INFP's are ideas based too, Values are based on ideas and concepts, that why we get called idealistic.
    We react first then break down the idea. I see your intentions aren't bad, but I think you have read too many profiles.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Ohhh my gahhddd I have no sense of logic whatsoever! I solve math just by how I feel about the problem! Whee unicorns! Hurr Durr.
    I actually had a very 4-ish reaction to math. I wanted to try to solve the problems in a unique, original way. Of course, this is the wrong approach to take. (At least when it comes to high school level math.) I learned the "rules" of math somewhat, and studied extremely hard and eventually got A's in high school math, but I was never able to see a grand, overall big-picture "theory" of math behind the steps to each individual series of problems. To me, we'd walk into class one day and try to calculate something in trigonometry, and the next day the problems would look exactly the same and I'd try to do them the same way, but that wouldn't work and they'd need to be done a different way. So, I always felt I was stuck between two irreconcilable issues: trying to figure out how to figure out how to solve problems, and wanting to figure that out but needing to do it the same way as everyone else in order to get the correct answer. Math for me was too paint by numbers to wrap my head around...

I do soak up info like a sponge. I can surf the net from morning until midnight and hardly notice time has passed, while amassing several hundred bookmarks.

I would say, that I would not worry too much about which specific type you are in relation to art, except to help you recognize your strengths and weaknesses and thus to act as a starting point. I don't think being INFP makes one communicate emotion through art better than another type; in fact, it can sometimes be a hindrance that keeps you from seeing the forest for the trees...
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

i guess my own visual art, if you can call it art, most of which was created in the last century was often the embodiment of a desire, often using contrast, eg a "chained person=desire for freedom"

there is also a little bit of insight in that, i guess.

but the motive of creating it was either destiny oriented embodying/crystallization(Ni ruling Si) - this can be seen as future oriented or as strengthening roots by referring to the past -, or it was communication of a need (relation, Fe)

today my ideas are no longer figurative and not much personal (if you have a figurative idea about what a person is)

they can no longer be expressed in symbolic/epic/figurative motives that i could draw/paint with my skills.

so i am stuck with words for now.

i love this picture "atomus spiritus christ" from robert venosa (attached to this post), because it connects meaningful ideas (or just something of psychological resonance) with the visual/spacial (de)constructive structural meta-level that you may find in spacial graphics like [damn lost the genial link, compensate with this spacializer or this timebeat ]

if i will ever create visual art again, it will most likely be rooted in mindmaps, somehow. but 2 dimensionality is very limiting, and creating 3d computer rooms would be a huge learning curve. i would rather want to get a live, someday. its probably such illusionary goals, that make me a looser. but dealing with computers is such a waste of a lifetime. once software will have evolved, that makes it more straight forward like this. i schedule doing such art for my next reincarnation.

i also like this study of emotion

although this is the only thing in my collection that screams Fi its something, that eventually even i could have created. sounds cocky. but i don't know how precise the underlying artist's vision was. for what i know it could be "made up". and after all i (NiFe) do have some emotions myself. Fi is a cognitive function anyway.

or this great movie: pencil face

or this very interesting experiment Mystery of Existence
    Attached Images Attached Images