User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Atypical ENFPs

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Default Atypical ENFPs

Update: This thread is done, no need to read it. Post more if you want, I know some members may still be in discussions.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___

Well, these past few weeks, I've given up on INFP, and have accepted that I am truly an ENFP. However, despite this realization, some questions still I wonder.

I don't necessarily fit into the common ENFP stereotype here, which seems to be that all ENFPs are these cute cuddly, loving, furballs of playfulness and bubbly-ness. I know not all ENFPs are truly like this, but I really not like this description in any way. I also have never questioned my F, as one might notice that this is sounding a but like an ENTP. No, I am still very much like an INFP, and I feel more serious-minded than the optimistic loving playful sunshine ENFP.

I'm trying hard not to sound like I'm ranting or anything, or criticizing anyone, I'm just trying to find some common ground on what ENFPs are really like, as I have read a lot of descriptions about ENFPs describing them as very optimistic, playful, full of lively energy, and it sounds a lot like an ESFP, which I am not.

Any other ENFPs feel the same way? Can anyone explain to me why I am not a normal ENFP?
    Last edited by Nonsensical; 02-26-2009 at 07:03 PM.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Realize also that some ENFP's overdo the cliche here, just for fun, as it occasionally pushes the other types buttons
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Realize also that some ENFP's overdo the cliche here, just for fun, as it occasionally pushes the other types buttons
    Heh, I guess I overlooked quite a bit..

I'm too ignorant sometimes.

It is kind of funny though, all of the ENFPs have really earned a very unique reputation over here.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

There is no such thing as normal.

You can choose to give off the cute and cuddly vibe, but in the end just be yourself.

There are plenty of atypical types of people here. People that don't act like the "normal" people of their type do. There are serious NFs (like myself), silly NTs, free spirited SJs, structured SPs. It's all an illusion (how they are "supposed" to act), none of it is really real. People will be people, an MBTI personality type cannot define how someone will act in a social situation, it only defines how someone's brain functions.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    EN?P
    Enneagram

ENFPs are often optimistic. Honestly, I think it's more of a will to survive. I am optimistic because it helps me overcome adversity. Some ENFPs are cynical because that's what helps them overcome adversity. I'm a fairly low key ENFP (just don't get me going about my values).

ENFPs are visionaries. What we do is imagine possibilities and make them possible wherever we can (or at least the ones we think are cool). Our attitudes to life differ. This kind of visionary thinking combined with a more serious attitude can enable an ENFP to see all the cracks and all the potential in a plan. ENFPs can be incredibly realistic. I've noticed this in male ENFPs a lot.

Also remember, there is no such thing as a normal ENFP, only an average ENFP and who wants to be just average?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    There is no such thing as normal.

You can choose to give off the cute and cuddly vibe, but in the end just be yourself.

There are plenty of atypical types of people here. People that don't act like the "normal" people of their type do. There are serious NFs (like myself), silly NTs, free spirited SJs, structured SPs. It's all an illusion (how they are "supposed" to act), none of it is really real. People will be people, an MBTI personality type cannot define how someone will act in a social situation, it only defines how someone's brain functions.
    You're very right..I guess that's what it all comes down to. Very wise of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Army View Post
    ENFPs are often optimistic. Honestly, I think it's more of a will to survive. I am optimistic because it helps me overcome adversity. Some ENFPs are cynical because that's what helps them overcome adversity. I'm a fairly low key ENFP (just don't get me going about my values).

ENFPs are visionaries. What we do is imagine possibilities and make them possible wherever we can (or at least the ones we think are cool). Our attitudes to life differ. This kind of visionary thinking combined with a more serious attitude can enable an ENFP to see all the cracks and all the potential in a plan. ENFPs can be incredibly realistic. I've noticed this in male ENFPs a lot.

Also remember, there is no such thing as a normal ENFP, only an average ENFP and who wants to be just average?
    I guess it's a little broader than I had first saw it. There are those who overcome with optimism, and some with cynicism. I don't think I fit either of those. In fact, I'm not sure..I try to be an individualist, and I guess it has worked. I agree with what you stated about male ENFPs, as my dad is also an ENFP, and we have a lot of the same views.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    <3<3

What she said.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    <3<3

What she said.
    Alright.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Amargith's got a point.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Well, these past few weeks, I've given up on INFP, and have accepted that I am truly an ENFP. However, despite this realization, some questions still I wonder.

I don't necessarily fit into the common ENFP stereotype here, which seems to be that all ENFPs are these cute cuddly, loving, furballs of playfulness and bubbly-ness. I know not all ENFPs are truly like this, but I really not like this description in any way.I also have never questioned my F, as one might notice that this is sounding a but like an ENTP. No, I am still very much like an INFP, and I feel more serious-minded than the optimistic loving playful sunshine ENFP.
    The answer is simple. You are a male ENFP. We don't behave like girls do. Bubbly, cute etc is also a misguided stereotype even for female ENFPs most of the time, I think. Silly is a better word, and even that, only if the silly switch is turned on.

MBTI
    EN?P
    Enneagram

The MBTI only explains what functions you use and how those affect your personality. Everyone uses these functions for different things. People who are incredibly Ne dominant will lean towards logic (intuitive logic, but logic nevertheless). It is entirely possible to be a serious and realistic ENFP. Hell, I'm pretty glad to know there are more of you out there.