User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Thread: Atypical ENFPs

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

my dad was a totally eccentric enfp...always telling some really fascinating story...loved to hear him discuss spirituality...it's like he glowed...just mesmerizing..or maybe i was high but really had a poetic way of speaking too....loved it.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so

Doesn't every ENFP think they are unique? Seriously. Everyone is atypical in their own way no matter the type. Embrace yourself. :P
    You can't always do it right, you can always do what's left.

Thoughts rearrange. Familiar now strange. All my skin is drifting on the wind.~

MBTI
    EN?P
    Enneagram

It's because everyone is unique!

Seriously, though, there is a reason for my avatar. I am four and a half feet of crazy warrior woman. I'm pretty sure this isn't atypical of ENFPs.

well in the case of the specific enfp i have described: he strongly projects being special (and i attest to that, albeit i am sure, there are situations in his private live where one or two people suffer from this) ... anyway i am almost sure he would be best portrayed as enneagram four, but i dont deny seven, (as seven has been associated with vigilance on some stupid website) and there actually is this paranoid vigilance (court jester/black sheep archetype), embedded into his sense of specialness. but absolutely no paranoid delusion. maybe he likes to imply envy once to often. his diagnosis would be bipolar. sometimes he is a stranger in his head, that is to say his "I" gets to witness his internal activity without feeling that it has a part in the doing. its different from hearing voices, as voices talk to "you" and in his case there is no projected identity involved. but its not sober transcendence either. this is, what i understood from what he was telling me about it. it is influences by something i experienced in hypnagogia (falling to sleep). i believe its not uncommon for people with dominant intuition to freely access such hypnagogia. he talks allot about energy, like what reactions he creates in different people and what he gets back. its sort of like loosing control over a social situation and looking at it from a bird perspective and talking about it, as if it was a trans-personal event (which it is, btw). he likes to believe, that his energy gets even mixed up with electricity, causing alarms to go of, or people having a nervous spasm and dropping their money, while he is talking to them. might be a wrong interpretation, but on the other hand i have been setting of alarms myself, so if it is not i wrong observation I don't want to judge him to hard for coming to such conclusions

Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Army View Post
    It's because everyone is unique!
    What I'm sayin'!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Army View Post
    Seriously, though, there is a reason for my avatar. I am four and a half feet of crazy warrior woman. I'm pretty sure this isn't atypical of ENFPs.
    Lolz
    You can't always do it right, you can always do what's left.

Thoughts rearrange. Familiar now strange. All my skin is drifting on the wind.~

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by nanook View Post
    well in the case of the specific enfp i have described: he strongly projects being special (and i attest to that, albeit i am sure, there are situations in his private live where one or two people suffer from this) ... anyway i am almost sure he would be best portrayed as enneagram four, but i dont deny seven, (as seven has been associated with vigilance on some stupid website) and there actually is this paranoid vigilance (court jester/black sheep archetype), embedded into his sense of specialness. but absolutely no paranoid delusion. maybe he likes to imply envy once to often. his diagnosis would be bipolar. sometimes he is a stranger in his head, that is to say his "I" gets to witness his internal activity without feeling that it has a part in the doing. its different from hearing voices, as voices talk to "you" and in his case there is no projected identity involved. but its not sober transcendence either. this is, what i understood from what he was telling me about it. it is influences by something i experienced in hypnagogia (falling to sleep). i believe its not uncommon for people with dominant intuition to freely access such hypnagogia. he talks allot about energy, like what reactions he creates in different people and what he gets back. its sort of like loosing control over a social situation and looking at it from a bird perspective and talking about it, as if it was a trans-personal event (which it is, btw). he likes to believe, that his energy gets even mixed up with electricity, causing alarms to go of, or people having a nervous spasm and dropping their money, while he is talking to him. might be a wrong interpretation, but on the other hand i have been setting of alarms myself, so if it is not i wrong observation I don't want to judge him to hard for coming to such conclusions
    sounds very interesting. would love to have a chat with him...my dad thought he had to wear red shades to drive...and he drove with both feet and never paid attention. it was so funny but frightening a bit too and he was so sensitive to peoples energy that he just couldn't be around certain people or they would make him sick...haha

nothing at all like what you were saying but i felt like sharing anyway.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Uytuun View Post

I'm not because you will lose interest in me when I pay you too much attention. :p

It's what ENFPs do! All of them!
    +2... funding into the research of domestication of ENFPs needs to be ramped up ASAP....this has gone on long enough!... as the ENTJ i nominate myself to head the project

MBTI
    GONE

I don't care about being unique, I care about being me. I want you to be you, too.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

All ENFPs are the same, that's why they fit so well in the ENFP box. Their need for uniqueness forces them to comform to being noncomformists. //end generalisation.
    Is not to be held accuntable for peeling errors.

MBTI
    GONE

^^ What a typical INTJ answer!
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari