• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Atypical ENFPs

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Yeah, I guess I wasn't really thinking when I posted this..

I have accepted that I am an INFP

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Also, I think on here we are 'letting off steam' which means that the chances of us flicking the 'silly switch' are greatly increased and so this can have an impact on the way we come across, however, I do agree that there is a marked difference between male and female ENFPs (more so than with other types maybe? anyone else noticed it?)

I would totally agree with this statement. Here I let off a lot of 'silly steam', whereas if you knew me in real life, you might assume I were INFP or something else because I'm quite serious and rational at my job, for example (many people have even assumed I was a T!!!!!!)

However, on the general whole, I don't know if I should admit this fact, but I'm like a real-life Bridget Jones hahaha. (And my husband is like Mark Darcy - it's funny we laugh our asses off at that movie!!!!)

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Yeah, I guess I wasn't really thinking when I posted this..

I have accepted that I am an INFP

Bud, I don't see why you need to take it so seriously. It's a label, if you try to live within the confines of the label you're going to be unhappy. Labels are convenient but are ultimately rigid. Human are designed to be flexible.

Supposedly I am INFP, every time I test it says INFP. Yet from what I have seen, my behavior is far from typical. And it bothers me not at all.

:)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I would totally agree with this statement. Here I let off a lot of 'silly steam', whereas if you knew me in real life, you might assume I were INFP or something else because I'm quite serious and rational at my job, for example (many people have even assumed I was a T!!!!!!)

However, on the general whole, I don't know if I should admit this fact, but I'm like a real-life Bridget Jones hahaha. (And my husband is like Mark Darcy - it's funny we laugh our asses off at that movie!!!!)

+2 and +1

+2... funding into the research of domestication of ENFPs needs to be ramped up ASAP....this has gone on long enough!... as the ENTJ i nominate myself to head the project :devil:

Euhm, yeah you go nominate..*exits*

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
sounds very interesting. would love to have a chat with him...my dad thought he had to wear red shades to drive...and he drove with both feet and never paid attention. it was so funny but frightening a bit too and he was so sensitive to peoples energy that he just couldn't be around certain people or they would make him sick...haha

nothing at all like what you were saying but i felt like sharing anyway. :)

Completely identify with this... If I am around the wrong people I too get really sick! I am also quite sensitive to other peoples states of being both mental and physical... I have for example, Had symptoms of a hangover when with someone who had one and have also had symptoms of various other illnesses etc and realised after over hearing something that I had 'caught' it from the people around me. Loads of weird stories about that HAHAHA I'm starting to realise that it's a little offbeat isn't it....

Oh and yes Erina I was referring to the shy awkward thing. I think there is an awkward shyness to us that gets completely overlooked by our enthusiasm to be around people :D

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Alright..I overlooked this way too much..I just need to let it be. I won't be updating this thread anymore, as it has no point to me anymore, and it was a mistake..thanks for your advice though!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
secure in your infpness now are ya?

silverchris9

MBTI Type
ENFP
well in the case of the specific enfp i have described: he strongly projects being special (and i attest to that, albeit i am sure, there are situations in his private live where one or two people suffer from this) ... anyway i am almost sure he would be best portrayed as enneagram four, but i dont deny seven, (as seven has been associated with vigilance on some stupid website) and there actually is this paranoid vigilance (court jester/black sheep archetype), embedded into his sense of specialness. but absolutely no paranoid delusion. maybe he likes to imply envy once to often. his diagnosis would be bipolar. sometimes he is a stranger in his head, that is to say his "I" gets to witness his internal activity without feeling that it has a part in the doing. its different from hearing voices, as voices talk to "you" and in his case there is no projected identity involved. but its not sober transcendence either. this is, what i understood from what he was telling me about it. it is influences by something i experienced in hypnagogia (falling to sleep). i believe its not uncommon for people with dominant intuition to freely access such hypnagogia. he talks allot about energy, like what reactions he creates in different people and what he gets back. its sort of like loosing control over a social situation and looking at it from a bird perspective and talking about it, as if it was a trans-personal event (which it is, btw). he likes to believe, that his energy gets even mixed up with electricity, causing alarms to go of, or people having a nervous spasm and dropping their money, while he is talking to them. might be a wrong interpretation, but on the other hand i have been setting of alarms myself, so if it is not i wrong observation I don't want to judge him to hard for coming to such conclusions

Huh, I thought a (somewhat) similar thing happened to me when I was in the room on an interview shoot (the subject was another ENFP, interestingly enough), and it really seemed like whenever I was looking at him, he would sort of stumble in the interview. I convinced myself that I was imagining it, but I looked down anyway, and it *did* seem to work; he finished the interview fine when I was looking away. I shrugged it off as a coincidence.

I like to think of myself as atypical... but I'm probably not really.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No one is secure in their INFPness. Ever. It's complusory.:smile: