User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: ENFP v. INFP

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Default ENFP v. INFP

It could be there is already a thread on this topic, but I haven't found it yet.

What is the major difference between ENFP v. INFP?

If we could illustrate the differences along the lines of the ESFP/ENFP thread, that would be really great....

We both have Ne and Fi...how does one tell which is dominant and which is auxiliary?
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    STP

From what I have noticed FiNe is more cynical while NeFi is more positive. It seems like NeTi is more positive and TiNe is more cynical also. Not sure how it relates just something that I observed.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeah...as it was explained to me when i wasn't sure is that enfp's are less comfortable with negative emotion. we tend to be happy and energized around other people and sort out any negative emotion alone. we're also pretty blunt and say and ask questions others might think was too personal...like people are usually very clear how you feel about things....umm...that's all i can think of at the moment.

i'll let some other enfp's talk because i feel like i've appointed myself spokesperson today! wth!?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    From what I have noticed FiNe is more cynical while NeFi is more positive. It seems like NeTi is more positive and TiNe is more cynical also.
    I think that's an interesting way to put it, yes. Happy-go-luckiness is a factor, I'd say. Flexibility too? I dunno.

MBTI
    GONE

Fi is a beast.

That is all.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    From what I have noticed FiNe is more cynical while NeFi is more positive. It seems like NeTi is more positive and TiNe is more cynical also. Not sure how it relates just something that I observed.

From what I have seen this seems correct.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    erinavery's post
    On the contrary I am afraid to ask those too personal questions usually, which I'm sure is just E/I differences. I don't mind negative emotions since I know I will feel them even if I try to not, so I've learned to accept them.

I am also very cynical. I call it being a pessimistic idealist, I expect the worst but work towards the best.

When I compare myself to ENFPs (or anyone for that matter) I am typically way more emotional. It's hard to tell which is in the lead or not though, since it's all internalized. But Fi in the dominant slot will make someone very emotional and they will feel some very specific and vivid feelings. These feelings/emotions will pretty much rule how the person is at that moment. I could go on and on about it, but you get the idea.

I'm not sure what Ne is like in the main slot though.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    On the contrary I am afraid to ask those too personal questions usually, which I'm sure is just E/I differences. I don't mind negative emotions since I know I will feel them even if I try to not, so I've learned to accept them.

I am also very cynical. I call it being a pessimistic idealist, I expect the worst but work towards the best.

When I compare myself to ENFPs (or anyone for that matter) I am typically way more emotional. It's hard to tell which is in the lead or not though, since it's all internalized. But Fi in the dominant slot will make someone very emotional and they will feel some very specific and vivid feelings. These feelings/emotions will pretty much rule how the person is at that moment. I could go on and on about it, but you get the idea.

I'm not sure what Ne is like in the main slot though.
    did i misunderstand? or did you? because you said the same thing i did it seems but you said on the contrary.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    did i misunderstand? or did you? because you said the same thing i did it seems but you said on the contrary.
    On the contrary I am afraid to ask those questions you aren't afraid of asking. Also on the contrary (your quote): "...is that enfp's are less comfortable with negative emotion." I said that I'm comfortable with it because they are a pretty normal thing for me to deal with.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFP

One of the big differences that I find between myself (an INFP) and ENFP's is our eccentricities. INFP's come across as more awkward quiet and clumsy in a charming way. ENFP's with their dominant Ne seem, for the most part, more crazy. Like wearing a cowboy hat with a rainbow tie die shirt. Screaming ridiculous funny random phrases crazy.