• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP v. INFP

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I'm a hoarder. I think much of it is because I have a bad memory and if I keep items they can trigger memories for me that I might have forgotten.

Chloe

I have awful memory also, one friend of mine is always telling me stories about how we had fun and I always react like I wasnt even there (and that arent situation when I was drunk), and that is pretty often, about 50% of situations he says to me I dont remember. I was really worried about that before!

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
The way I describe how bad my memory is:

One day I asked my then boyfriend what he had done the night before. He was like.. "Are you SERIOUS???" We had gone on a date.

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
I have a pretty decent memory. I can log information in my brain like whoa. Quoting statistics and data is a breeze for me. If the information was interesting (and most information is) I will store it until no longer useful.

I have a terrible memory for emotional incidences, however. I will remember that I felt a certain way at a certain time but cannot for the life of me remember why. Arguments with my bofyriend often go:

"You made me feel bad X times this month because you repeated X kind of behaviour!"

"But... what did I say that set you off those X times?"

"I... don't know. I just remember I was mad!"

michL87

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
My brother is ENFP and I'm INFP. I've always felt like INFP's can "pretend" ENFP in social situations where it's necessary (needing alone time later), but there are differences.

My brother is more likely to meet a new group of people and instantly like them. I, on the other hand, can be cynical of people who give me "bad feelings." I need more alone time than him (although he does need a decent amount), but the main difference is that I "live in my head," whereas he doesn't to the same extent. He has lots of creative ideas, but they're more about things to put out into the world (computer programming, ideas to help others), whereas mine are ideas I create in my mind to convert into mystical stories (different scenarios and conversations that can sadly never happen in reality).

In the end, I think we both understand each other because we understand how other people work. He can definitely ignore his negative feelings towards others better than I can. If someone gives me a bad "vibe" it's extremely difficult for me to be around them because their dark aura invades the room, but I bottle it up and don't say anything/find a way away from the situation. He ignores bad vibes better, but is more prone to emotional outbursts, whereas I take time to think about my feelings.

I'm not sure if that makes sense, but that's what I've got so far.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
The way I describe how bad my memory is:

One day I asked my then boyfriend what he had done the night before. He was like.. "Are you SERIOUS???" We had gone on a date.
LOL :D

Sounds rather like me - I'm like an alzheimers patient most of the time.

I was playing Kill the other day with embarrassing results. If you don't know, its a pool game (as in pool table not swimming) where each person is designated one ball and they take turns trying to sink the other balls. If your ball is sunk you're out. The winner is the one who's the last left standing.

I sunk my own ball (and not even accidentally!). :doh:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My brother is ENFP and I'm INFP. I've always felt like INFP's can "pretend" ENFP in social situations where it's necessary (needing alone time later), but there are differences.

My brother is more likely to meet a new group of people and instantly like them. I, on the other hand, can be cynical of people who give me "bad feelings." I need more alone time than him (although he does need a decent amount), but the main difference is that I "live in my head," whereas he doesn't to the same extent. He has lots of creative ideas, but they're more about things to put out into the world (computer programming, ideas to help others), whereas mine are ideas I create in my mind to convert into mystical stories (different scenarios and conversations that can sadly never happen in reality).

In the end, I think we both understand each other because we understand how other people work. He can definitely ignore his negative feelings towards others better than I can. If someone gives me a bad "vibe" it's extremely difficult for me to be around them because their dark aura invades the room, but I bottle it up and don't say anything/find a way away from the situation. He ignores bad vibes better, but is more prone to emotional outbursts, whereas I take time to think about my feelings.

I'm not sure if that makes sense, but that's what I've got so far.

it totally makes sense and thanks it's these sorts of posts that help me be clear on my enfpness even though i don't feel super extraverted.

michL87

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
To add to my post two above this one, my brother (ENFP) jumps right into things without thinking about how what he's doing will affect his life -- he just wants to do things! I sit back and contemplate them, and then decide on the right thing to do. I look for things that will benefit my long-term happiness, while he seems to think shorter term.