User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Thread: ENFP v. INFP

MBTI
    yupp

I have nothing to add except LL you are not INFP if you are then the world has ended and turned inside out and soon purple volcanoes spewing green lava will be birthed from the poles.

I tend to think alot of what ENFPs say but I usually don't say it, and will only ask inapporiate questions if I'm comfortable with the person.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

having an INFP mother (for that other thread, i mistyped her), our differences are usually distinguished by which channels of communication we're talking in.

i am quick to talk about ideas and resolves whereas she seems to be more concrete at times. she also sometimes breaks my concentration by saying off topic things that are related to sensible things (such as commenting on shoes, weather, general objects or appointments in the near future), which bothers me to no end.

she seems rigid in some of her statements, but can easily be convinced otherwise once i start drawing out the big picture. she's also very caring, whereas i usually don't care at all. i get the impression sometimes that she only wants to talk to me out of maternal love and not for the things i have to say. i'm sure i'm not too far off.

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    ENFP = people
    INFP = thoughts

That's my lame take on it.
    funny, i think it's the other way around.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

MBTI
    INFP

One think I've noticed is reflecting back at relationships, INFPs tend to remember the good things about the relationship (aside from any hurt feels, of course), and tend to collect little keepsakes along the way to help cement the good memories.

ENFPs tend to do the opposite, and remember the bad things about the relationship, and collect items that reinforce those those memories.

I think both of these are defense mechanisms.

Quote Originally Posted by saxman View Post
    One think I've noticed is reflecting back at relationships, INFPs tend to remember the good things about the relationship (aside from any hurt feels, of course), and tend to collect little keepsakes along the way to help cement the good memories.

ENFPs tend to do the opposite, and remember the bad things about the relationship, and collect items that reinforce those those memories.

I think both of these are defense mechanisms.
    True.

MBTI
    ENFP

Two of the INFPs I know really hoard things. I wonder if it belongs to the indecisive part of INFPs. Is this a typical INFP thing, or is it just a strong P thing?

I do really like the INFPs in my life. There are three of them in total. I feel ... comfortable with them. They are sort of like me, but a little bit different which adds interest.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

ENFP & INFP must be different, but I do get a touchy-feely sense when I read ENFP posts. It's similar for INFJ posts, and as for INTPs I get... thinky-tingly!

My probably not that correct or valid, but what I sense so far, thoughts:

ENFP: more practical (than INFP, not necessarily compared to other types)
    INFP: less practical (than ENFP, not necessarily compared to other types)

ENFP: more visible (mohawk, in a neon color)
    INFP: less visible (mullet: business in the front, party in the back. )

ENFP: more optimistic (than INFP)
    INFP: less optimistic (than ENFP; more prone to bouts of darkness)

ENFP: more easy-going (why so serious?)
    INFP: more serious (srsly)

ENFP: more exposed (less secrets, or aspects of self that are not revealed to the world)
    INFP: more hidden (more secrets, or aspects of self that are not visible to the world)

Quote Originally Posted by ConchShell View Post
    Two of the INFPs I know really hoard things. I wonder if it belongs to the indecisive part of INFPs. Is this a typical INFP thing, or is it just a strong P thing?
    Sometimes I forget what is type 4 and what is INFP, so please forgive me if this is not INFP but instead type 4. My type likes to hold onto certain emotions, and has trouble separating their sense of self from their emotions. For me, I do hoard certain things, but not everything. For example, I hoard music. Any mood I am in, however nuanced, I have music that will sustain that exact mood. Whatever mood I want to get into, I have music that will transport me from the mood I am in, to that other mood. Also, I do keep things from my past, that are linked to my past. For example, school was a big part of who I am, so I still have all my papers I wrote, going back to junior high. These things help remind me of who I am, when I get lost...

Quote Originally Posted by saxman View Post
    I haven't been in many relationships, so I hadn't noticed this as a trend, but thinking about it yes I have a few items from past relationships (not just "relationships" but also from friendships) that I keep because of that.
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

those are good points speculative. i actually don't feel that extraverted in the traditional or commonly thought of idea about it but i am certainly more those ways that you described...more out there..more blunt...very optimistic and easy going...i don't know how practical i am but i don't know any infps to compare myself to in that regard.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ConchShell View Post

I do really like the INFPs in my life. There are three of them in total. I feel ... comfortable with them. They are sort of like me, but a little bit different which adds interest.
    Total hoarder here . I really struggle to throw stuff away. I have this little voice in side me that says "That's important - keep it" or, "You might need this one day" or, "This will be good for future nostalgic purposes". It starts to become ridiculous though. I think its result of the INFP inclination to search for/find meaning in everything. And how can you chuck something away if it is/feels significant?

Quote Originally Posted by speculative View Post
    ENFP & INFP must be different, but I do get a touchy-feely sense when I read ENFP posts. It's similar for INFJ posts, and as for INTPs I get... thinky-tingly!

My probably not that correct or valid, but what I sense so far, thoughts:

ENFP: more practical (than INFP, not necessarily compared to other types)
    INFP: less practical (than ENFP, not necessarily compared to other types)

ENFP: more visible (mohawk, in a neon color)
    INFP: less visible (mullet: business in the front, party in the back. )

ENFP: more optimistic (than INFP)
    INFP: less optimistic (than ENFP; more prone to bouts of darkness)

ENFP: more easy-going (why so serious?)
    INFP: more serious (srsly)

ENFP: more exposed (less secrets, or aspects of self that are not revealed to the world)
    INFP: more hidden (more secrets, or aspects of self that are not visible to the world)
    I think this is pretty accurate, but slightly depressing, portrait. I am aware, however, that the fact I find it depressing only further confirms it

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    I'm either an INFP with a really strong Ne or an ENFP with a really strong Fi. I'm trying to figure out which one is more accurate.

Let me phrase it like this: I act more like an INFP when alone/stressed/pissed off and more like an ENFP when with people/content.

Eh, does that make any sense? No? Okay, thought not....

Thinking through my thoughts - eh, sounds pretty extraverted to me...but I can be really introverted too...I think it's the whole E/I being 55/45 thing...or whatever it is.

I'm definitely crazy though. My husband tells me about 10 times a day. Then again, I tell him the same thing. MUHAHAHAH!

^ Not sure what that has to do with it - oh yeah, being crazy. I'm either an eccentric INFP or a quiet/emotional/worried ENFP...if that's possible...hmm....well, whatever...
    I think you are an INFP. I read somewhere that INFP's can become ENFP's when they are with people they are really confident with, like close friends, and this is true for me, a definite INFP.
    Sorry to confuse you, I know a couple of others thought you were ENFP. You'll work it out, I'm sure.
    Have you answered to yourself one of the fundamental E vs I questions, that is, would you rather go to a party surrounded by people, or stay at home and read a book? Also, been on The Personality Page There's a brief description of E vs I, S vs N and the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post

I think this is pretty accurate, but slightly depressing, portrait. I am aware, however, that the fact I find it depressing only further confirms it
    I agree its accurate, ... and that your depression confirms it lol

but i dont agre about exposed part, not all ENFPs are so much exposed like they look like :P