First 12345 Last

Thread: ENFP v. INFP

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I love being left alone with my imagination. Get back!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI

Hmmmm. Well. I love being with ENFPs, so lemme try and compare the two.

Earlier someone said something about INFPs being more negative. Well, that's kinda true. That doesn't mean we're emo, but when we're unhappy we KNOW it. And it affects us. The emotions are more stressed because we take more time to sort them out. So even though an INFP can be a happy fun-loving person, they can also be moody just because their emotions are out-of-synch. Inner harmony is muy importante.

ENFPs are much better at keeping their emotions under wraps. They're also much more confident with others, more likely to say what they're thinking than an INFP, and take more risks. They're also very conscientious of others, which INFPs are as well, but ENFPs instead try and keep the group connected and happy while an INFP would try to say the "right thing" so as not to offend anyone.

Yeah, that's my experience, anyway.
    4w3, IEI, so/sx/sp, female, and Cancer sign.

My thoughts on...
    Enneagram:
    Socionics:
    MBTI:

DISCLAIMER: If I offend you, I'm 99.9% sure it's unintentional. So be sure to let me know, m'kay? (And yes, an INFP would stick this in their signature, lol.)

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Fi is a beast.

That is all.
    Ne is the gabby, scattered pixie that gets me into trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by another ENFP
    Am I only ENFP who feels like clown? Where does all that enthusiasm comes from, fuck, even when I am severely depressed I act so cheerful.
    Even when I am feeling very happy and calm, extroverts and people with Fe will accuse me of being depressed.

ENFPs are generally more confident than INFPs though INFPs themselves don't give themselves enough credit when it comes to confidence. ENFPs can let go of things much more easily (except when it hits the Fi nerve, then again, INFPs and ENFPs react similarly).
    There's an overwhelming sense for me, always, of not being able to extrovert out into the world what is inside of me and of never being on the outside all that I feel I am capable of or need to be, of finding it very hard to be in the moment. These things make me less confident in the external world, but I am more confident inside myself than I am with my abilities in the extenal world, if that makes sense?

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post

Even when I am feeling very happy and calm, extroverts and people with Fe will accuse me of being depressed.
    lol,why did you change my nick name?

I am usually well aware of my emotions and terrible at wrapping them.
    I hate wrapping them up, I need them to be on the outside so I can handle them and I need them to still stay inside just a little bit, so I can decide on what to do about them.

When I was a kid I kept them inside and couldn't control them, and at best/worse they came out during an attempt to critizise me or argue with me. Then, I'd snap.
    I was always a loner as a kid.

I think being E/I is two phases going in and outside of eachother all the time. I don't seem to have a fixed point.

Best wishes Gtzk

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

ENFP = people
    INFP = thoughts

That's my lame take on it.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    There's an overwhelming sense for me, always, of not being able to extrovert out into the world what is inside of me and of never being on the outside all that I feel I am capable of or need to be, of finding it very hard to be in the moment. These things make me less confident in the external world, but I am more confident inside myself than I am with my abilities in the extenal world, if that makes sense?
    This is how I am with my thoughts.

I┤m quite interested in this comparison. Firstly to know myself, but also to see the fact that INFPs are quite different. It makes sense that they should be. Why have 16 types if two are the same? An ENTP and an INTP are so clearly different, and an ESFP and ISFP also. So why shouldn┤t it be the same way with us? It is the same sort of function switch.
    Freude, sch├Âner G├Âtterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Br├╝der, Wo dein sanfter Fl├╝gel weilt.

MBTI
    NP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFp

I'm an ENFP and my brother is an INFP. The biggest difference between us is probably how quickly we change.

I get to see him only about once every six months or so, and he always comments that it's like meeting a completely new person. My brother, on the other hand, only seems to become more and more like himself.

It's like he spends the six months deepening and fleshing out his personality while I spend that time getting bored, then calling everything under the sun into question, and then adapting myself to the fascinating new junk I've discovered.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

I think there are two kinds of INFPs -

INFPs who are clearly Fi dom and introverted
    INFPS who are more extroverted and cheerful
    THANK YOU - put me in the cheerful category!

INFPs are much more likely to think and even agonize about 'being nice' and quicker and more likely to forgive.
    I agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    ENFP = people
    INFP = thoughts

That's my lame take on it.
    Nah, that's not quite it. I interact with and think about people all the time and want to make connections with them.

I do think this may be due to a difference between being a 4 wing vs a 9 wing INFP.