User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: ENFP v. INFP

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

ENFPs are far more excitable, enthusiastic, reactive and impulsive. They give off an aura of cheerful energy. INFPs tend to give off an aura of meekness and gentleness (a deception, I assure you) and are more approachable to those in need of sympathy. They're capable of being crazy and silly, but it isn't their default in the way it is for ENFPs.

I agree that INFPs are somewhat more emotional, but they are far less demonstrative of it. From what I've seen, a hurt INFP is very slow to approach the one who hurt them (if ever). ENFPs tend to confront the person as soon as they realize they're hurt. I'll bet INFPs are more aware of their emotions as well. (This may not be a typical ENFP phenomenon, but I'm typically blindsided by the more intense emotions... I don't know what I'm feeling half the time.)

"OMG I FEEEEEEEEEL SO INTENSELY ABOUT EVERYTHING OMG OMG OMG GET ME A XANAX" -Priam (ENFP impersonation)

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    From what I've seen, a hurt INFP is very slow to approach the one who hurt them (if ever). ENFPs tend to confront the person as soon as they realize they're hurt. I'll bet INFPs are more aware of their emotions as well. (This may not be a typical ENFP phenomenon, but I'm typically blindsided by the more intense emotions... I don't know what I'm feeling half the time.)
    I am ENFP and I don't agree with this, about confronting person who hurt me. INFP and ENFP both have Fi and when person hurt ENFP he gets hurt to Fi just like INFP.. and as an ENFP I wasn't even aware of my feelings for some people so wasn't aware how much they did hurt me (because of enthusiastic approch to every-fucking-thing in life -breakups included)...

I do agree INFPs are more aware of their emitions.

Someone made good point about positive approach to life that ENFPs have much more evident then INFPs...

However, I am kind of annoyed of how ENFP really looks like some clown sometimes.
    Am I only ENFP who feels like clown? Where does all that enthusiasm comes from, fuck, even when I am severely depressed I act so cheerful.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Chloee View Post
    I am ENFP and I don't agree with this, about confronting person who hurt me. INFP and ENFP both have Fi and when person hurt ENFP he gets hurt to Fi just like INFP.. and as an ENFP I wasn't even aware of my feelings for some people so wasn't aware how much they did hurt me (because of enthusiastic approch to every-fucking-thing in life -breakups included)...

I do agree INFPs are more aware of their emitions.

Someone made good point about positive approach to life that ENFPs have much more evident then INFPs...

However, I am kind of annoyed of how ENFP really looks like some clown sometimes.
    Am I only ENFP who feels like clown? Where does all that enthusiasm comes from, fuck, even when I am severely depressed I act so cheerful.
    No, you're not the only ENFP that feels this way. I also put on a 'happy cover' even on my worst days. When I'm down, I can't stay down for long either. I spring back up quite quickly with enthusiasm and energy. It's not all bad. I've been reading other people's comments on other threads and it sounds like some of them would give a lot to experience the same level of enthusiasm and energy.

My INFP colleague always appears both more sensitive and more cynical than I do.

MBTI
    GONE

A hurt ENFP/INFP act similarly, it's just that in an ENFP the shift is more noticeable and for an INFP it goes with the whole image of being 'moody' or 'sensitive' or 'quiet'. INFPs are more likely to stew whereas the extraversion and Ne dominance give ENFPs more of an engine to be proactive and even confrontational or at the very least expressive.

INFP/ENFPs are verrrrrrrry different. I'm sure there's a thread or two already out there. The Ne (extraversion) and Fi (introversion) being dominant make a HUGE difference.

I think Synarch posted about how the thinks there are two kinds of ENTPs. I think there are two kinds of INFPs -

INFPs who are clearly Fi dom and introverted
    INFPS who are more extroverted and cheerful

INFPs are much more likely to think and even agonize about 'being nice' and quicker and more likely to forgive. Maybe I'm a more hard-assed ENFP but I'm slow to give out free passes (never do) and I'm fine with being angry with people, I don't need much justification other than I feel justified but I also don't fly off the handle - I think INFPs are more likely to fly off the handle unless they've sorted out their boundary issues.

ENFPs are generally more confident than INFPs though INFPs themselves don't give themselves enough credit when it comes to confidence. ENFPs can let go of things much more easily (except when it hits the Fi nerve, then again, INFPs and ENFPs react similarly).

INFPs are also much more careful about their feelings. INFPs are more 'conscientious' and take on the welfare/outcome of things as personal responsibility. ENFPs are more likely to have an attitude of 'it is what it is/that's what life is like' let it be.

I think?
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

I'm either an INFP with a really strong Ne or an ENFP with a really strong Fi. I'm trying to figure out which one is more accurate.

Let me phrase it like this: I act more like an INFP when alone/stressed/pissed off and more like an ENFP when with people/content.

Eh, does that make any sense? No? Okay, thought not....

Thinking through my thoughts - eh, sounds pretty extraverted to me...but I can be really introverted too...I think it's the whole E/I being 55/45 thing...or whatever it is.

I'm definitely crazy though. My husband tells me about 10 times a day. Then again, I tell him the same thing. MUHAHAHAH!

^ Not sure what that has to do with it - oh yeah, being crazy. I'm either an eccentric INFP or a quiet/emotional/worried ENFP...if that's possible...hmm....well, whatever...
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

Little Linguist, I think you are probably ENFP... I am similar.

However, I think that in my case I dont have much Fi at all. I think that I have pattern of neglecting that, and being "all Ne" and then my emotional discontent acumulates and makes me depressed. But I dont think I am natural INFP with dominant Fi. I am very emotional etc. but not dominanted buy it, but it ends up dominating me because too much ignoring Fi.
    I also have very high score on Fe, am not sure what that means...

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I agree with CzeCze.

Linguist you are ENFP.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

ENFPs definitely have a much greater need to be at the center of attention. That should be a really big tip off.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    ENFPs definitely have a much greater need to be at the center of attention. That should be a really big tip off.
    hm hm, wouldnt agree.
    maybe better term would be ENFPs have greater need to be at the center of happenings.

That "center of attention" is often said in negative context.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

right...i don't want to be the center of attention but i don't want to be left out of things either.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison