User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Default How did you find the person of your dreams?

Although this is really for people who have found their "Soul Mate," anyone can chime in.

I am having difficulty in trying to find my soulmate. You see I am an INFP and a Christian which means that finding someone like myself is rather diffcult (I get the feeling that most who go to church are Guardians, I don't go to a church at this point.)

I have always thought to myself that if I wish to find someone like me (another INFP Christian, then I should go where they are at)

The issue is that I have no idea where other INFP's are at becuase they are introverted.

So I am wondering where did all of you head and how did things work out?

Thanks!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

Wish I had some knowledge to impart, so instead I'll bump this and hope this is the start of a great thread. We could all use some mad soul-mate-finding skills...
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

If anyone from my dreams is present feel free to appear.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

First step: Don't lay around dreaming about your "soulmate" walking through your door.

Second step: Get out and experience things, meet people.

Third step: Don't ever expect to find someone who meets all your criteria for "soulmate" status. Be ready to compromise.
    Last edited by Biaxident; 02-28-2009 at 06:58 PM.

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    First step: Don't lay around dreaming about your "soul mate" walking through your door.

Second step: Get out and experience things, meet people.

Third step: Don't ever expect to find someone who meets all your criteria for "soulmate" status. Be ready to compromise.
    ^^^ Yup, that right there.

I used to be so idealistic that I truly believed my soulmate was out there walking around just waiting for me to come and club him over the head to drag back to my cave, instead I see now that such a thing really doesn't exist, at least not in the prince charming, white stallion charging toward me way that I used to see it.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    ^^^ Yup, that right there.

I used to be so idealistic that I truly believed my soulmate was out there walking around just waiting for me to come and club him over the head to drag back to my cave, instead I see now that such a thing really doesn't exist, at least not in the prince charming, white stallion charging toward me way that I used to see it.

That's my problem , I'm so young and naive that I really do feel like there's someone out there waiting for me..but I guess it's good to admit that that's probably not going to happen. I do look forward to being with someone, a soulmate, and I think it's one of the biggest things I strive for..over a career, money, or anything.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    Enfj
    Enneagram
    2+1
    Socionics
    ?

I thought I met my soul mate but now when our relationship is so hard, I'm starting to question it...

The truth is having a soul mate doesn't mean that things will always be good, and that is kinda what is keeping us together I think.

As far as finding him,I think it will just happen, that's just me though....
    Also there is no one that is "perfect" you have to know that from the get go, just that with"him" you will feel something special in your heart, or see him in a different light than you do other people...

Good luck!

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

What she ^ said.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    That's my problem , I'm so young and naive that I really do feel like there's someone out there waiting for me..but I guess it's good to admit that that's probably not going to happen. I do look forward to being with someone, a soulmate, and I think it's one of the biggest things I strive for..over a career, money, or anything.
    It's perfectly okay to look for someone, but don't expect to go down your list of attributes for your "soulmate", and find anyone who fulfills every single criteria. Relationships take work and compromise, whether they are your "soulmate" or not. If you or the other person aren't willing to talk out any confusion or problems either may have, your relationship most likely won't last long.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Maybe everything you've been told about true love could be right,

My dad was telling me about how he proposed to my mother after only a month of dating- he just knew. And obviously it worked out, as he says they were closer than any two humans could possibly be.

She died, though, and since then, he's been married 2 more times. Each one, he said he had to almost talk himself into, and he didn't just know that it was right. These two marriages didn't go so well, and they were divorced.

In summary, maybe we just know when things are right. Maybe there really is some inner fealing that we experience around our so-called soulmates. Do we have soulmates? I think so, despite what people say.. It doesn't come down to your lighthearted differences, but if your depth and true love coexist, you'll form an intimate bond that can never be shattered- a soulmate bond. I am convinced of it.

It's amazing how two humans out of a population of 6 billion can come together out of this huge crowd, and call eachother soul mates. Maybe there's some huge agenda that we unconsciously follow? I know a lot of people go through rough relationships..it's because they didn't follow their heart..they had to think about- question whether the marriage would work. To some degree, this always implies to people who end up in bad relationships.

If you use your time wisely, and wait until the right moment, you'll be destined to find them. Not too soon nor too late..you'll know, you're heart will tell you, I guess.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

It sounds good. And may be for some people, say those that can see the things they are looking for in others, it's true. But not everyone is as perceptive. Keep an eye out, I wouldn't tell you otherwise. Just don't expect perfection.