First 6789 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Genesis View Post
    Too bad there are so few SJ's and SP's here.
    True, but the ones that are here are Good People(tm).
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    InFp
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    True, but the ones that are here are Good People(tm).
    Absolutely. Especially since they put up with all the shit us angsty N's say about them.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    I could get all defensive about my type. I could spout a million reasons why you could be biased, how ultimately its your fault. I could point out a million instances where a non-NF was superior to an NF.

Instead, I'll say that you came to the right place. I highly suggest you use this forum to especially interact with non-NFs, to learn how they think, and to learn that they are good people too, in their own way, and that they have things to offer too.
    If you want to get offended, go right ahead.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Cosimo View Post
    If you want to get offended, go right ahead.
    I clearly misrepresented myself. I am not personally offended. However, I think it is a shame that you cannot see the good of others unlike you. If you do not wish to do so, then go right ahead.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    INFP

this place seems bs imo

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Cosimo View Post
    this place seems bs imo
    Well isn't that special!

A little potty mouth that can't write a complete sentence is visiting here; Awwwww how cute.

Maybe your attitude is bullshit?

Glycerine

haha, NFs aren't the best. We have our strengths and weaknesses just like any other temperament. I have seriously envied each type at least once for a particular talent. I like how most SPs can live in the moment and live life to the fullest. I like how NTs are usually good at building systems and theorizing. I like how SJs are usually able to stabilize society and have the ability to keep on top of things. And for last, I like how NFs are usually very good at connecting and building bridges with other individuals.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4/2
    Socionics
    INFx

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I feel like INFs, especially INFJs, tend to have more complex/wacky/crazy/pet theory/incomplete ideas going on in their head than they are able to communicate efficiently, sometimes because they don't feel like their thought will make sense to other people or that it will be received well. While INTs, have an easier time expressing the fringe nuttyness going on in their mind in a somewhat absorbable and rational way.
    This made me laugh because I have NT friends. I don't know why they keep me around sometimes, but sometimes I do have my moments when I say something profound and they are agape.

Fringe nuttiness, yes. Ability to discuss the contents of the nut, not as easy, but doable. I'm so bad at facts sometimes! I get all hot and sweaty around NT's who blurt out all these facts within five seconds.. I have a hard time keeping up with my brain sometimes, usually when under stress to make sense of something affecting me, that I don't facilitate my words as fast and lose my train of thought or have to have a brief long pause to catch up.

The connections I make between two sources though is incomparable around NT's, it keeps them guessing. I think they think it is amusing to see me trying so hard. Even if I do not show it on the surface, they sense some turmoil to be sure.

Vulcan mind meld anyone?
    His form has passed away, he has become a mirror: naught is there but the image of another's face.

( I ) 3%, ( N ) 59%, ( F ) 26%, ( J ) 16%

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Can I just give a big, fat thumbs up to this thread?
    I relate to almost every post on some level.
    As an INFP, it is very difficult for me to communicate what I feel I know.
    I feelknow a thing before I knowknow a thing. I see the connection/image/word/association in my mind, but articulating, or rather intellectualizing, that in a coherent and sensible way is usually a challenge for me. Like someone here said before, it takes me a few moments to collect those thoughts and put them in a way that the average person would understand them.

@CzeCze We INFPs do have a harder time expressing our desires and displeasure. We could say that we like or dislike a thing but saying to what extent we like or dislike that thing, because we're prone to truly see how complex the matter is, is just <slits wrists> AWFUL!

I feel INFJ sometimes. I don't feel it completely because I am, in fact, an INFP, but I do feel it often enough that I know that I had the capacity as I was growing up to become an INFJ. Over the years, though, I've been discouraged to trust my intuition and, thus, been neglecting it. I'm more conscious of it now and am trying to get back in touch with it . I'll be an INFP leaning INFJ? Does that make sense?

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    very specifically- i think infj has the most difficulty communicating of any type with infp close behind.

infp can't articulate its feelings and values, they are decidedly private and deliberately fuzzy. they exist internally and their articulation only happens in the rarest of occasions (art, saintly gestures, etc). plus they feel themselves more clearly and use that as an extremely powerful internal compass. they live out their ideals and suffer their contradictions. they embody or become or perform them, acting them out, and discover the boundaries of their values thru experience and experimentation.

infj is relying on Ni to formulate its thought, speech, and feeling. Ni is the worst form giver possible, bc it is only a glimpse of something, a revelation, an illumination that can be held together only for a second. you're trying to construct logically flowing (yet unbastardized) meaningful speech out of Fe and Ti when the only thing you have to go on is an invisible holograph that you sort of feel but can't really reconstruct or remember.

not to mention that infj needs more desperately than infp to explicitly articulate and express its understandings. it is its whole mode of operation, its whole reason for existing, raison d'etre. to symbolize it, to create a meaningful artifact out of it, to congeal it into something powerful that will explode and impact everything around it.

personally, all my life it's like i've been staring at this picture far off in the distance or this shape in the clouds that i can't fully see, and it's all i ever want to talk about. i want to grasp it finally and completely with total conviction and understanding. but i don't even know what it is, can't see it, don't even remember half the time where to look...

In my opinion you come closer to describing the beauty of introversion in that statement, and perhaps I come close to explain the beauty of extroversion in mine.

Truth is, I prefer introversion, even though I am extrovert, I need the stimulation from others and it bothers me, I wish I could be more 'on' when I was alone.