First 45678 Last

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Intricate Mystic View Post
    No offense, but this INFJ would rank reading that book up there with having bamboo shoots shoved under my fingernails.
    But what if pandas were to eat the bamboo shoots immediately and save your fingernails?

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Yesterday at the doctor, I asked my dad if he felt the same "disconnect" and fluid time sloshing around thing, and he said yes, that it wasn't something he could control and that he was always stepping between past and future with very little spent in the present. He said he has trouble staying in the present for any length of time. He's seeing an ISFP - he says she really helps him enjoy present moments and makes them more meaningful.
    isfps make stuff, turns out, and that's really fun. one of my favorite things is watching other people when they have their concentration face on (thinking cap!). it is less embarrassing than the orgasm face, and almost as funny. plus Fi showers us with hugs and kisses and little affectionate pats on the back.

You struck upon it directly. All fifty gingery glossy sugar yards of it. (Or something... lol).
    selling it by the new yard, you make it sound like it is the veritable hemp! of the candy world! step right up, step right up, watch grown men play professional football on our new gingery candy turf! he's eating the pylon! wonka oh wonka where are you?

The delicious fruit is a cross between Novocaine and cheap jelly beans filled with electric sunshine. (Or something...)
    whatever you spiked the koolaid with, i want some! electric sunshine is my favorite taste, smell, sound, AND color. and i'm not just talking about talking jelly beans here, leading me down the yellow brick road.

I would never ask you to *like* leiderhosen. But you show your bravery by wearing them. I commend you! *salute*
    i only wear lederhosen at oktoberfest or kaffeeklatsch. zweibelkuchen und bier oder scwarzwalder kirschtorte und kaffee. also, accordians. played by fat bald men with the ruddiest of cheeks. the ruddiest i say!

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by IDK123 View Post
    man, thats exactly how I am. I'll be spacing out and then all of sudden, I notice something about somebody or I'll notice that they are looking at me through peripheral vision. It's fun to do that because most think you are being oblivious but, in fact, you are picking up on the subtleties.
    I don't exactly zone out, but I do use my peripheral vision quite a bit. For example I can tell the general mood of somebody I know based on their walk... quickness and bounciness of their steps etc. It's not really about focusing on individual details so much as the overall pattern of their stance.

It's the same for recognizing people. I go by general body shape, how they walk and to some extent how they dress before I focus on their face.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    But what if pandas were to eat the bamboo shoots immediately and save your fingernails?
    Perhaps the pandas ought to be summarizing the book to us as well.

For a person who isn't too concern about formal logics, and only about practical application of "logics". I think you're better off just practicing by writing down your arguments on a topic in details and going back to see whether you can poke holes within it, then see if you can fix them up. It's a fun exercise... especially if you find an ENTP to play with with you. They're good at finding holes.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I guess that would make me feel better. I like pandas.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    isfps make stuff, turns out, and that's really fun. one of my favorite things is watching other people when they have their concentration face on (thinking cap!). it is less embarrassing than the orgasm face, and almost as funny. plus Fi showers us with hugs and kisses and little affectionate pats on the back.

selling it by the new yard, you make it sound like it is the veritable hemp! of the candy world! step right up, step right up, watch grown men play professional football on our new gingery candy turf! he's eating the pylon! wonka oh wonka where are you?

whatever you spiked the koolaid with, i want some! electric sunshine is my favorite taste, smell, sound, AND color. and i'm not just talking about talking jelly beans here, leading me down the yellow brick road.

i only wear lederhosen at oktoberfest or kaffeeklatsch. zweibelkuchen und bier oder scwarzwalder kirschtorte und kaffee. also, accordians. played by fat bald men with the ruddiest of cheeks. the ruddiest i say!
    LOL!!!

As of this moment, you are *so* an honorary ENFJ. Taco would be proud. Not even he could spew so much hilarious nonsense in TWO languages. woot!

Quote Originally Posted by Intricate Mystic View Post
    I guess that would make me feel better. I like pandas.
    Pandas make a lot of things better. I apply them to burns, puncture wounds, sprains and fashion nightmares.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

i find communication to be extra easy because of the intuition, and reading body language it let's me get more intune with them and have an easy conversation that they can walk away from feeling good.
    it just seems intuitive to make the other person feel more comfortable.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Peripheral vision? How do you use that to read people?
    I judge body posture, amount of movement, speed of movement, flow of movement (ackward or natural), habitual movement (nervous tic), facial expressions (relaxed and natural or forced and fake?) etc.

Maybe this is complicated to some, but it's not like I go through a checklist. I read these things without thinking.

Is that what you mean't? Hopefully I understood the question...
    To die would be an awfully big adventure - Peter Pan

INFJ ~ 4w5 sp/sx ~ RLOAI ~ Inclusion e/w=1/0 (Melancholy Compulsive) Control: e/w=0/6 (Supine) Affection: e/w=4/0 (Phlegmatic Melancholy)

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

i think Ni dom is very imagistic and visual (altho in my very small sample size of intj is way more so).

i think that intj needs more time to organize its thoughts bc Te needs to work hierarchically top-down, sequentially, etc to impose order on the big picture of Ni.

infj is more comfortable spitting out incoherent bits and pieces of metaphoric landmarks and objects and assuming they connect. it's like looking at constellations (stars! fireworks!). it's more lyrical and metaphorical and abstractly (read: barely) connected/correlated/associated/etc. it's colorful, but completely crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by lane777 View Post
    Ay, I'm always very tuned in to body language. It says more than words.
    so very true...even though i am an NT, i see very fine expressions, body movements, hearing the words, the intonation of the voice..almost an aura coming off others...i am picking up all kinds of things from others, particularly if i care to really watch.

maybe that is why they say entp;s are good at reading others...didn't realize for a very long time that others are not necessarily doing this at all.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Ni, Big Picture, connections between things, contextual clues, they all fit together to create a larger mental map. body language is a huge part of this. the slightest deviations are located effectively on a larger map of possible meaning, patterns are grasped profoundly to understand difference/change, etc.

an intj girl i know thinks in pictures, whenever she talks she draws with her hands, always creating a frame for a picture. all her little nervous tics are her clicking thru her storehouse of snapshots (Te) in a sequential, hierarchical manner so she can place things in the right place and find the right analytical map whenever necessary to articulate to herself what the meaning could potentially be.