123 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Default Do other NFs have this problem?

I have a problem with people thinking we made an emotional "connection" like at work, school, out in public and they hold onto this..but in reality there really isn't anything going on out of the norm but they are so sure you understand etc etc feel it too...anyone else ever get this?
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

nope...i usually do feel connected with people when i have long talks with them....doesn't mean i need to be their best friend or anything...but i do feel it usually.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Sometimes. Total strangers poring their hearts out to me and stuff. Plus the occasional lonely male misreading the attention being given as interest. I've had a couple of stalkers when I was younger, so I'm much more careful not to put out mixed signals now...it could also be my sheer awesomeness too, and they want a piece of that.
    I also put it down to me being such a friggin bleeding heart. People just attach themselves to me, when they catch glimspe of my gooey soft center. I've learnt to be colder, and harder as people will not hesitate to take advantage.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    EN?P
    Enneagram

A lot of men have accused me of sending signals when I wasn't...?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Army View Post
    A lot of men have accused me of sending signals when I wasn't...?
    well yeah...that kind of confusion happens a lot, i think for me too...but for me...a friendly connection usually goes both ways i think.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP

I find that I have to distance myself from people for the most part and that it takes me years to trust them for once that trust is earned it is near impossible for me to "disconnect" myself.

I also keep a tight restraint on my emotions as I can get a little "weird" around people that I am used to.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Yeah, I do. Sometimes when I meet new people, or spend more time with people I didn't know so well, I'll start to feel a little akward, like there might be a connection between us. I'll usually just push myself back and keep my boundries. There's just a lot of people I don't want to get intimate with, and those who I do, I haven't developed close relationships with, yet..
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

stalkers, check
    sudden outpouring of emotions from strangers, check
    getting accused of giving signals when not actively flirting, check
    I've also had people asking my friends and boyfriend for my msn and phonenumber etc after meeting me..guess that's part of it too.
    Being kissed in the middle of the street by a complete stranger quadrupal check, for that matter.

People are weird creatures, and I'm sure that we're not the only ones to have this happen to us. I've just learned to live with it.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENfP

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Being kissed in the middle of the street by a complete stranger quadrupal check, for that matter.
    Wow!

Even that?

Ghehe, just wondering... What do you do on those occassions?

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by hjomn View Post
    Wow!

Even that?

Ghehe, just wondering... What do you do on those occassions?
    You tend to be too flabbergasted to do something. Other people will usually do something if anything. Most of the time, though, the guys run before you can slap 'em. I pushed on of them off me, I think (this is spread over 10 years so my memory is fuzzy). Others tend to do it in like..a pushy semi-ok social function. Like when chatting you up in the street, and then saying 'goodbye' and then they accidentily land on your lips. It's..yeah. Also..I dunno, as much as I'm outraged, you're up against a guy who's usually twice your size, and can do potentially a lot more to you. So it makes you think twice..and by that time they've usually left. But yeah, I seem to have some kind of 'Kiss me'-stamp on my forehead.

One guy got thrown out of a mall though, coz some shopassistent saw him do it and she called security. I know..my boyfriend didn't believe me either, when I told him half an hour later. I was telling him the story, he laughed and obviously felt I was exaggerating, when at that point some random guy walks towards us, looks me up and down and goes: 'Nice!' My SO's jaw dropped to the floor and from then on he started believing the crazy shit I told him about. Must say the timing on that was excellent, though even I was completely taken by surprise. This was about 8 years ago. Never did forget about that one.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”