User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

LOL - yeah all the time - it's best not to leave the house!

And some cultures are safer than others. I travel a lot for work and find I'm quite safe in China but Arab countries - if I had a dollar for every time this happened, I'd be a Saudi oil king!

MBTI
    ENfP

Whether I've had the problem that people became too clingy... Hmm, first of all, I'm probably more a borderline F/T, which makes me communicate substantially different from the 'normal' NF I suppose. I tend to make friends, contacts very easily, and can be very charming (though I say so myself), but I first check people out very well and build up some sympathy for them before I go very in-depth/emotional/whatever with them. It is sorta paradoxical as I'm very open on one hand, but when people cross a certain line, I get very reserved/critical.

Also, I have absolutely no problems notifying people (indirectly) I don't appreciate their attention. You could say some people can be intimidated by my aloofness (when I turn it on), but people that I like would say I'm a very warm person, though I feel sorta ashamed to express it every once in a while.

For example, if somebody hugs me and they are not friends or people I have a lot of sympathy for, I would give them a very cold shower and be very blunt... I bet he/she wouldn't try that again Also, if somebody tells me they have such an emotional (or anything else) bond with me and this is totally one-sided, I tend to become very aloof and reserved. On the other hand, when I do feel the same, somebody has just scored some major points.

I'm not sure, but this doesn't sound very NF to all of you or does it?

MBTI
    ENFP

^^ sounds a bit T to me

MBTI
    ENFj

I notice a trend, a lot of ENFPs some INFPs here as well. This does happen to me as well, I guess I can be too friendly sometimes.
    ENFJ 3W4

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

well, i *do* feel a connection with many people i interact with, if there is a connection there. but i've learned over the years to trust it, and *know* that if i'm feeling it, it's probably there! haha.

my current preoccupation (one of them!) is to ponder whether i can feel energy with people with whom i have a connection from afar......sometimes i get overpowering feelings or intuition that *said person* is thinking of me or feeling about me JUST as i am about them. i haven't learned yet if i can trust this or not.....but often, at least by measurable parameters (them making contact, etc), it is not bearing out. but since i don't seek to really affirm this, i'm really not sure.

if i told someone with whom i had a connection that i had a connection with them and they denied it, it would either crush me, or i would just assume they were not in touch with that deep-seated of an energy level.

but that's just my personality.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I try to not make connections at work/school. They are just acquaintances, in the long run you just have to trust your friends. The acquaintances are good to be there so you have someone to talk to when your friends aren't around, and it's always nice to talk to new people.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbows View Post
    I have a problem with people thinking we made an emotional "connection" like at work, school, out in public and they hold onto this..but in reality there really isn't anything going on out of the norm but they are so sure you understand etc etc feel it too...anyone else ever get this?
    Not that I know of. Might have happened a couple of times, but otherwise it's rare enough that I don't remember the incidence. Where other people have an "Open" sign on them, I have a "Closed" one.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

MBTI
    INFP

People often tell me things that are bothering them. People will call me their best friend and I don't think we've been close enough for that label to apply. That always surprises me. Apparently some people need less than I do to bond with others.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

I don't invite people to talk to me about their emotional problems, still I tend to get wrapped up with them. Often people tell me that I am the first one listening to them and paying attention.
    Thoughts die the moment they are embodied by words. (Arthur Schopenhauer)

MBTI
    INFP

I've noticed that, too, maerzhase. People seem so surprised to be listened to and remembered! Guess it goes to show how little the present culture pays attention.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer