User Tag List

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Default list five things about you that you feel best express your infjness

1) desire to connect deeply and profoundly with those who have something to show me, can open me up, can reveal feelings and attitudes and dreams and beautiful expressions of life to me

2) aloofness covering terrifying hypersensitivity to environment, taking everything about ME personally, wearing an extremely rigid mask to protect myself from having to manage my feelings in public

3) feeling lost and drifting along without a strong guide, if i resist the social expectations placed on me thru Fe and NEED to discover something on my own where do i turn to find my way, what extroverted process/action can merge me with the world authentically, and what does my NiTi have to do to show me what i should and what i WANT to be doing? (two different questions i can't seem to synthesize)

4) imagination is a powerful thing and once you've broken thru to the other side and seen its wonders it's tough and eerily silent when you come back

5) oneness. perfectionism is never so terrible as when it requires total harmony, mystical union, and all the other figures of speech to explain dissolution, transcendence, nirvana.

list yours, whatever they may be. i really want to see what others are focused on in terms of their own quest for self-understanding, self-improvement, development, community, etc.

MBTI
    INFP

To allow my soul to dance upon the page and swim in the words that are written upon it.

To ignore all of the fashion sense of the world.

Your number five is my number three.

Your number four is mine as well (of coruse I may have to change that since I am no longer unique

To see the colors of the spirit that beams all around. To sense that which only the blind can see and the foolish respect.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    Four
    Socionics
    INFP

1. I am going to stick with your first one OP, that's a wonderfully written morsel of truth.

2) The ability to be so many different things. E.g. One day the poetic dreamer, another the acute intellectual and another, the upbeat, likable entertainer.

3) The frustration of being around others who don't seem to take notice of a deeper existence and are caught up in the often-occurring materialistic, mainstream trends of today.

4) The ability to convey your sense of self better through some type of medium other than talking(e.g. writing, painting, drawing)

5) Daydreaming about being in the spotlight, but also don't like having too much attention focused on you

MBTI
    INFP

Eclecticism
    Empathy
    Insight
    Universal worldview
    Principled
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by INF?2121 View Post
    3) The frustration of being around others who don't seem to take notice of a deeper existence and are caught up in the often-occurring materialistic, mainstream trends of today.

5) Daydreaming about being in the spotlight, but also don't like having too much attention focused on you
    5 is too perfect.

i also agree with 3. that there is something underneath, or behind, or in between, and it needs to be revealed for the full meaning and significance and IMPACT of life to come thru. to not treat it wastefully, and to suck out all the marrow and appreciate everything it can become.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

1. A deep sense of compassion towards other people who are struggling (like me) with the ups-and-downs of life.

2. A powerfully vivid imagination which fuels my curiosity about everything and grants me an unusual but flexible intelligence.

3. Uncanny intuitive abilities which border on the psychic (precognition, mind-reading, telepathy, remote viewing).

4. An ability to shift perspectives at will, to examine a situation from every conceivable angle.

5. A shifting and unpredictable relationship with the external environment - ranging from total overwhelm to absolute and perfect Unity.
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFj

1. Suddenly knowing the answer.
    2. Being told in different ways that I am authentic.
    3. Having empathy for practically everyone.
    4. Feeling I am on a journey through a strange land.
    5. Wanting excellence to be part of my journey.
    "My Journey is my Destination."

"Today Counts Forever." R.C. Sproul

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    1) desire to connect deeply and profoundly with those who have something to show me, can open me up, can reveal feelings and attitudes and dreams and beautiful expressions of life to me
    ((ENFPs and ISFPs do this very well. ENFPs in their ever-cute and childlike vibrancy and ISFPs in their earthy, well-followed values))

2) aloofness covering terrifying hypersensitivity to environment, taking everything about ME personally, wearing an extremely rigid mask to protect myself from having to manage my feelings in public
    ((Verrry true, I see this in an INFJ I know, too. It explains why I can be such an ass to some people but very nice and open to others.))
    3) My everpresent need to have something grow and develop. Sometimes I am impatient with it and then spoil it, but times when it happens naturally it feels truly great to find something that isnt stagnant.

4) imagination is a powerful thing and once you've broken thru to the other side and seen its wonders it's tough and eerily silent when you come back.
    (( A blessing and a curse. It allows me to be a step or two away from insanity, which helps me understand how they reason. It just makes me paranoid and slightly delusional ))
    5) I can be a living Taoist philosophy. I can extraverted one minute then very reclusive the next sometimes, or I could be very sentimental and kind and then become very calculative. Beauty ( and stress ) in opposites.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Not to be rude, but isn't this basically the "You know you're an INFJ when..." thread only with slightly different parameters?
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Not to be rude, but isn't this basically the "You know you're an INFJ when..." thread only with slightly different parameters?
    New wineskins, Kyrielle, new wineskins.

'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.