• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] cognitive functions questions, integration, and infj as NiTi

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
what are the best places to take a cognitive functions test? i would imagine i would score highest in Ni and Ti, with Fe next and my inferior Se would be so blatantly bad it would totally corroborate my infj typing.

is there any information about how being a borderline j would effect the organization or development of cognitive functions? the more i use Ti, it seems like the more wandering and intp-like and disembodied and theoretical/abstract and floaty i become. totally relational and conceptual and de-centered.

my entire college education was highly abstract systems theory and theoretical language-games of all sorts (social and cultural theory, complex systems and ecology, cognitive science, etc). i think this = overly developed Ti.

i want to integrate my functions better and improve my extroverted processes. i am borrowing Te from my intj friend. i need help becoming more efficient, at least passably disciplined, and less wastefully indecisive. i do not need to be an abstract machine forever.

redacted

NiTi INFJs are definitely possible :)

You can try this test, but it's not incredibly accurate.

The last time I took it, I got Ti 1st and Ni 2nd, followed by Fe, Ne, Te, Fi, Si, Se.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i tested as NiTi with Fe next, Ne Fi Si, then Te and Se.

how do you get anything done as an NiTi? are you a completely self-absorbed introvert?

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
You'd look something like Evan I suppose.

redacted

how do you get anything done as an NiTi? are you a completely self-absorbed introvert?

Well most of what I do goes through Fe...

I just think a lot before I act. It's not like I don't act.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
that was more of a self-criticism than directed at you. i am seriously trying to figure out a way to use my cognitive functions to help me act in a better, more productive, less random shot-in-the-dark wildly-flailing kind of way. make shit happen, etc.

no Se doesn't exactly help matters, half the time i have no actual information to go on, and no internal agenda that can speak to such small and detail-oriented decisions as the ones that actually matter on the way to anything. it's the lack of zoom-in that is holding me back as i wait for an extremely abstract insight that makes me feel like i understand but not that i know what to do.

Twixt

MBTI Type
ISTP
i would think that trying to develop Fe might help. being more extroverted - focused on the external - should help you in the world of action, instead of just thought. (note: i could be TOTALLY wrong, being quite shaky with MBTI/cognitive functions theory.)

actually, i think Te would be best for the job that you're describing, but since its so low down in your function order it sounds quite difficult and unnatural to boost. work on it slowly, be patient, disciplined and dont hate yourself. nothing good comes out of negativity.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^this is true about Fe. just gotta start small and build up. take more risks but take 'em slowly. really the key is finding a positive social environment in which you can thrive. without that, you're kinda just fucked.

being disciplined and taking care of your body is a decent way too. it's easier being positive when you physically feel great.

self-understanding also helps deal with some of the constant worries, insecurities, and projected fears that contaminate social interaction when unhealthy. just improved awareness and constructs of thought that help you detach when necessary and let things go. Fe implosion is one of the worst experiences in the world.

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i would think that trying to develop Fe might help. being more extroverted - focused on the external - should help you in the world of action, instead of just thought. (note: i could be TOTALLY wrong, being quite shaky with MBTI/cognitive functions theory.)

actually, i think Te would be best for the job that you're describing, but since its so low down in your function order it sounds quite difficult and unnatural to boost. work on it slowly, be patient, disciplined and dont hate yourself. nothing good comes out of negativity.

Right on. :cool:

The state i am in: You have excellent strategy, and it's only missing the right application. Fe (group harmony) + Se (action; physical awareness) is one way to start. :) For example, if you want to practice being productive, you can build this mentality by inserting bits of it into your interactions with other people.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Right on. :cool:

The state i am in: You have excellent strategy, and it's only missing the right application. Fe (group harmony) + Se (action; physical awareness) is one way to start. :) For example, if you want to practice being productive, you can build this mentality by inserting bits of it into your interactions with other people.

I agree the way out of Ti is through Fe. Focusing on others feelings. our aux tends to be our happy function because we use our dominant to deal with the world. Being an introvert keep with groups of people you know and are comfortable with.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
well this post was 7 months ago and the advice is now from the perspective of real-world experience. my social environment and my involvement with the world is much much better, it is so much easier to be me. being recognized and appreciated was step number 1.

i think the strategy of social investment, focusing especially on intuitives and dominant intuitives, just makes a lot of shit come together very quickly. it's great to be surrounded by entps, enfps, intjs, intps, infps, entjs, enfjs, etc. makes it much easier to breathe, and there's always someone who can get where you're coming from, but still give you a big shove in the right direction.

it is still difficult to use Fe on S types, bc it takes so much more energy to translate and predict thoughts, interpretations, impressions, and perceptions into such different lenses of experience/data. but the ongoing practice, while having actual social support, makes it much more feasible. less need to go thru the car wash and the cleansing fasts so often.

also, i recommend the lenore thomson book and the linda berens book on interaction styles for anyone who feels particularly confused by this topic of function order, balance in function development, etc. the tension between dom and aux creates a stable platform for the integration of others functions in a more nuanced way. checks and balances.

S

Sniffles

I tested Ni Fi Ti with Fe and Se following up.

Yeah pretty much. And the fact my top three functions seem to be introverted, that just compounds the situation. :(

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Fe usage takes values from the world. it judges with the judgments of others, grasps the social currency of judgments, the articulations and expressions. it helps us get inside the values already present, challenges our Ni to see from a wider perspective with more angles, and create more accurate, more realistic, more present Ti landmarks that provide us a solid foundation in what is around us.

Fe usage helps us shape-shift, bend, evolve, etc. it helps us jog thru more variation than we would normally see otherwise, gives us external context upon which to organize and orient our inner world, rather than piling on the same old connections ontop of each other day in day out.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
An NiTi combination would be very interesting, as Ni would allow you to see all the perspectives and dimensions of a problem, and Ti could organize all of those obervations into a logical and coherant whole.