• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Is this common ENFP behavior????

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I dated this guy (we went out about 3 times not dating exclusively either) and I ended it because he was always calling me stupid for not agreeing with him (he said he was joking but you have to wonder) Explained to me how I was a sociopath, and that he was the best thing that ever happened to me and I need to pull my head out of my *** and not let him get away. More so - he called me ignorant for not following his beliefs and for not calling him. (He is an atheist and I am not, but I wasnt talking about the subject) When I was driving he grabbed the car wheel (he doesnt have a license, but I do) and said he wanted to teach me to drive. He also said how useless I was ( I work, pay my own bills, live on my own, while he doesnt work, lives with his mom and spends his money on alchol) Anyways he keeps leaving me messages and sending angry texts to me, and wants me to attend his social functions (he is enlisting) and I just want to be left alone (yes he got the INFJ doorslam) but he keeps trying to come back...is this normal for ENFPs and what do you do about these types of people?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
that's not an enfp thing that's just an asshole thing...don't let anyone treat you that way...damn. what a jerk!

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Err...No! Seriously, this guy is a jack ass, and needs to be reeducated.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Um....this sounds like something more than type behavior. He sounds like someone with a mental illness who isn't taking his medication.

In addition to being an asshole. :devil:

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
Yeah, not ENFP behaviour at all. The only type this sounds like to me is drunk, unemployed guy who lives with his mother.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Get away from him.
He sounds like he has his own set of problems..

Immaculate Cloud

MBTI Type
INFJ
Check out 'narcissistic personality disorder' on the Net and then make it a permanent doorslam.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
I dated this guy (we went out about 3 times not dating exclusively either) and I ended it because he was always calling me stupid for not agreeing with him (he said he was joking but you have to wonder) Explained to me how I was a sociopath, and that he was the best thing that ever happened to me and I need to pull my head out of my *** and not let him get away. More so - he called me ignorant for not following his beliefs and for not calling him. (He is an atheist and I am not, but I wasnt talking about the subject) When I was driving he grabbed the car wheel (he doesnt have a license, but I do) and said he wanted to teach me to drive. He also said how useless I was ( I work, pay my own bills, live on my own, while he doesnt work, lives with his mom and spends his money on alchol) Anyways he keeps leaving me messages and sending angry texts to me, and wants me to attend his social functions (he is enlisting) and I just want to be left alone (yes he got the INFJ doorslam) but he keeps trying to come back...is this normal for ENFPs and what do you do about these types of people?

I think he needs a beat down! :devil: That's no way to treat a lady!:steam:

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
I think he needs a beat down! :devil: That's no way to treat a lady!:steam:

Most likely, but unless someone here is independently wealthy and willing to fly us, we probably aren't in any position to do it. Or decide that it needs to be done. :)

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Check out 'narcissistic personality disorder' on the Net and then make it a permanent doorslam.

He said he had a sealed record of BPD, but I've dated a couple sociopaths (I'm hopelessly attracted to NTs) before and I figured "hey this will be okay" but he turned out to be way way too emotional/high matinence and insultive.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh shit are nt's the common type of sociopaths? don't freak me out! that's a bit off putting.:shock:

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh shit are nt's the common type of sociopaths? don't freak me out! that's a bit off putting.:shock:

I think STs are too..but all the ones closest to me are NTs. I guess sometimes they bring me back to earth and either nix or justify my rational thoughts and give good cristism to build on :)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
huh?? such positive words for sociopaths...did i misunderstand you?

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
huh?? such positive words for sociopaths...did i misunderstand you?

Not really. I was complimenting NTs in general though.
I'd venture to say out of 3,000 sociopaths you'd meet some alright ones. I enjoyed my time with them while it was there, the last one though..wasnt very good. (yes this is sounding insane and it is) Its estimated that 1 in 25 people are sociopaths, avoiding them all together isnt possible.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Are you sure this guy's an ENFP? For a type so concerned with other people's feelings this seems kinda paradoxical. I'd say this is certainly not common ENFP behavior.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
no way! that can't be accurate! that's frightening!

i like nt's too though..or at least the ones i've gotten to know recently but i can't like someone who has no capacity to care about anyone. that goes against everything i am.

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

i like nt's too though..or at least the ones i've gotten to know recently but i can't like someone who has no capacity to care about anyone. that goes against everything i am.

This is a catch 22...they care when you can offer them something.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm

Why is important that someone cares about people?
Just curious.

I have also heard that that statistics 1:25 (4%)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
because i AM a person! i don't want to be with someone who doesn't care about me. what a waste. if i'm going to give any of myself to someone they better appreciate it.

and if that's true it's scary as hell.