• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Is this common ENFP behavior????

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is a catch 22...they care when you can offer them something.
i just can't believe that....you're saying this is true of nt's? or sociopaths?

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i just can't believe that....you're saying this is true of nt's? or sociopaths?

Sociopaths in general. They need certain motivation to do things.
(I don't wanna sound like the authority on this because I'm not) Either personal or personal gain, they have reasons for the stuff they do (sometimes its just because they can, like big kids really)

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Yeah who is left to care about those people!!
Answer - Rainbows.
What?
Dude, so. Do you mean that if you help somebody out it hurts your feelings?

That it makes you bleed and you don't get any self esteem\pleasure\feeling of fulfillment out of it ?

If you want to go for the 'NTs are egoists' game. Your own logic just leads to one obvious statement, NFs would then be as if not more self centered.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
explain it more eck...it's interesting and i don't quite understand.

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What?
Dude, so. Do you mean that if you help somebody out it hurts your feelings?

That it makes you bleed and you don't get any self esteem\pleasure\feeling of fulfillment out of it ?

If you want to go for the 'NTs are egoists' game. Your own logic just leads to one obvious statement, NFs would then be as if not more self centered.

that post was a joke but its hard to come out like that on the forum I guess.
"what is the NTs are egoists" game?

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
And cmon, sociopath are people with an impaired brain. It's actually a sickness making these people different enough that they don't feel the need or understand 'playing by the society's moral rules' as it was made for regular brained people.

A guy can be an asshole without being a sociopath, those are two different things.
I don't believe you can describe a sociopath as a clear T or F. They might look T because they don't understand the social norm. But they also have a lesser ability to learn from mistakes, I wouldn't call it a T trait.

As I said, It's a brain impairement, it's just like saying autists are ST or whatever, it's just a misuse of typing.

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And cmon, sociopath are people with an impaired brain. It's actually a sickness making these people different enough that they don't feel the need or understand 'playing by the society's moral rules' as it was made for regular brained people.

A guy can be an asshole without being a sociopath, those are two different things.

I still dont get it. I dated the first two and said it was worth a shot with the other guy because mental illness shouldnt limit relationships.

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I don't believe you can describe a sociopath as a clear T or F. They might look T because they don't understand the social norm. But they also have a lesser ability to learn from mistakes, I wouldn't call it a T trait.

As I said, It's a brain impairement, it's just like saying autists are ST or whatever, it's just a misuse of typing.

Fair enough.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
"what is the NTs are egoists" game?
It's confusing the fact we don't get our 'pleasure' from the same 'intellectual sources' with some good and bad polarization.

Let's take health as an example:
The extreme T approach of not directly helping people, accepting some will die because they cost too much to treat and and going for general measures could be and usually is more efficient even if less mediative than an extreme F mother theresa styled approach, which will on the other hand inspire other people to follow and look cooler on tv.

The two approaches will have different results in terms of public relation\ideologies and so on but make just as much sense on the personal level. We just use different means to arrive at the same conception of 'right' based on how our brains reward our actions and create a positive feedback loop and behaviorally positive reinforcements.

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's confusing the fact we don't get our 'pleasure' from the same 'intellectual sources' with some good and bad polarization.

Let's take health as an example:
The extreme T approach of not directly helping people, accepting some will die because they cost too much to treat and and going for general measures could be and usually is more efficient even if less mediative than an extreme F mother theresa styled approach.

The two approach will have different results in terms of public relation\ideologies and so on but make just as much sense on the personnal level. We just use different means to arrive at the same conception of 'right' based on how our brains reward our actions and create a positive feedback loop and behaviorally positive reinforcements.

I wasnt suggesting that. I just like the different outlook, but thank you for explaining.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I wasnt suggesting that. I just like the different outlook, but thank you for explaining.
Ow, no worries, I didn't bother to read the thread anyway. Just wanted to ramble some with you guys.:cheese:

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
It's sociopaths nature to pray on weaker people and try to upmanship them rather than teamplaying.
One may think that big corporate structure are perfect for them, and indeed they are.
Sociopaths lack empathy to quite a deep level and usually see emotive people as having a weakness they could exploit to their advantage.

IEE623

MBTI Type
NeXx
How did you type him as an ENFP at first though?
Certainly not common among ENFP. And surely not common in any types at all.

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How did you type him as an ENFP at first though?
Certainly not common among ENFP. And surely not common in any types at all.

I sent him the test and he said he was an ENFP

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
So do I, so do I.

I sent him the test and he said he was an ENFP
True sociopath also have a bad prefrontal impulse control, they will often show as lacking empathy but yet highly reactive\aggressive at times.
It can basically look like Fi, strong internal values and emotional reactivity with no Fe (ability to relate to people, empathy).

The zones of the brain lighting up when a person sees for example, others experiencing pain or all the empathy based things simply don't light up in a true sociopath.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
This guys is not an F. I'm not even trying to defend the honor of ENFPs, I'm just saying this is not a thing an ENFP would do.

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So do I, so do I..

You what?

True sociopath also have a bad prefrontal impulse control, they will often show as lacking empathy but yet highly reactive\aggressive at times.
It can basically look like Fi, strong internal values and emotional reactivity with no Fe (ability to relate to people, empathy).

The zones of the brain lighting up when a person sees for example, other experiencing pain or all the empathy based things simply don't light up in a true sociopath.

This guy I am having problems with has Borderline personality disorder.
I got along better with the APD boyfriend in all honesty.