Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbows View Post
    He told me AA was full of ****, and I dont want him anywhere near me.
    When he hits rock bottom, and he will, he'll see a new light. A restraining order will, in a sense, somewhat speed up his progression to rock bottom.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    agreed...listen to the bear.
    Or he'll eat you whole!
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Or he'll eat you whole!
    With Fava beans, and a nice Chianti.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Or he'll eat you whole!
    I thought teddies where already stuffed?
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

I thought teddies where already stuffed?
    ah, you know extroverts, we're just leaking out of every atom
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Your thread is allready becoming a pseudosocialcircus. My beloved brother is an INFJ. I hope some of this gave you information you can use. Knowing my brother, i think some advise to you was stuff that you already knew. Yet done with very good intentions, which also something that you already know. The restraining order is probably the best route. In this day and age, at least he is aquiring a negative paper trail. But if he keeps buggin ya, that only means he hasn't yet found another source of social pray to feed his alcoholism induced insecurities.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    Your thread is allready becoming a pseudosocialcircus. My beloved brother is an INFJ. I hope some of this gave you information you can use. Knowing my brother, i think some advise to you was stuff that you already knew. Yet done with very good intentions, which also something that you already know. The restraining order is probably the best route. In this day and age, at least he is aquiring a negative paper trail. But if he keeps buggin ya, that only means he hasn't yet found another source of social pray to feed his alcoholism induced insecurities.
    But had this not become a pseudosocialcircus we wouldn't have found out about the (restraining order) concept. My appologies folks.

MBTI
    GONE

I dated this guy (we went out about 3 times not dating exclusively either) and I ended it because he was always calling me stupid for not agreeing with him (he said he was joking but you have to wonder) Explained to me how I was a sociopath, and that he was the best thing that ever happened to me and I need to pull my head out of my *** and not let him get away. More so - he called me ignorant for not following his beliefs and for not calling him. (He is an atheist and I am not, but I wasnt talking about the subject) When I was driving he grabbed the car wheel (he doesnt have a license, but I do) and said he wanted to teach me to drive. He also said how useless I was ( I work, pay my own bills, live on my own, while he doesnt work, lives with his mom and spends his money on alchol) Anyways he keeps leaving me messages and sending angry texts to me, and wants me to attend his social functions (he is enlisting) and I just want to be left alone (yes he got the INFJ doorslam) but he keeps trying to come back...is this normal for ENFPs and what do you do about these types of people?
    Oh hell no, that is not normal for type, even for an 'unhealthy' or 'immature' ENFP. At worst he'd be whiny and manipulative, not actually verbally abusive, at least if you follow stereotypes.

You sure he's ENFP?

Beyond that, yeah, this kid has issues. Doorslam approved!
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    ;) sx
    Socionics
    ENFp

Rainbow: I know that several things have been discussed here already but I just wanted to emphasise some things for you.

I think I have a unique point of view since I was diagnosed with the disorder your...harasser claims to have. Borderline sucks. I have never known a borderline (and I was part of a support group so I've known a fair few) who displayed narcisist traits like that without having known someone for quite some time, and never without a trigger. In addition many people with bpd don't insult. For example; someone who cuts themselves when sad, and throws things when angry. Someone who will get giddy sometimes for no apparent reason or accassionally say something really twisted. Whose statements in general don't seem to quite match reality, especially when talking about other people. And, who can osscilate day to day or month to month between thinking someone is praise worthy and evil. Those are all traits of BPD. Someone who is manipulative/abusive, though it seems different, would often also be considered as having BPD. I hate to say it but this guy doesn't sound bpd.

Second, sociopath as termed by dictionary.com:1. noun Psychiatry. a person, as a psychopathic personality, whose behavior is antisocial and who lacks a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience.
    2. Someone whose social behavior is extremely abnormal. Sociopaths are interested only in their personal needs and desires, without concern for the effects of their behavior on others.

It seemed almost as though you were using the second definition Rainbows, and everyone else was using the first. That could have been my own impression though. I had a professor who when he said sociopath didn't mean crazy but meant a person who saw no reason behind social constructs and niceties and so used them for his or her own personal gain because he believe that to be the base purpose in the first place rather than seeing social behavior in as a purpose in itself. Right....I don't know if that was helpful. I think perhaps he sounds a bit more like the first definition of sociopath though, and that's not good.

Third.
    Restraining. Order. I know you're nice. I know you like funny people (you said so), but you have got to keep away from this guy, and more importantly keep this guy away from you. I don't trust that he won't do you harm and it would be dangerous for you to let him back into your life for *any* reason. A taser would also be a very good idea. mace spray, a small blow horn, or a retractable bully club are also ideas. Please be safe.
    -Brio

"I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life; I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well."
    -Teddy Roosevelt