• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NF: when you really like an artist's music

suppose if you really like an artist's music, will you

• buy their original CD products

Votes: 16 84.2%
  • actively look out & go to their LIVE concerts

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • buy their merchandise-releases

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • tell ur friends excitedly (even frantically) about them (online, or offline)

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • support any of their online endeavors, ie: Myspace, website, online-promotion, etc

• usually be indifferent, and just go download their music for free, "for fun"

• Total voters

niki

MBTI Type
INFP
...then how would you usually treat the artist of your likings/favorite ?

would you:
- buy (or at least try) their original CD products, or still prefer downloading for free? (please be totally honest here :) )
- actively find out & go to their concerts
- buy the merchandises-relesases from the your favorite artist/band/musician? or not?

I want to make a poll, basically because i'm just curious if there's indeed a correlation between NFs and the 'close-feeling'ness with their favorite artists (or maybe not)..that's what i want to find out in this thread :)

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
EDIT:Hey, that poll wasn't there a minute ago was it??

I meant to say I do all of the first five.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I do all of the first five.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My NF sis does these;
~buy their original CD products
~actively look out & go to their LIVE concerts
~buy their merchandise-releases [at gigs]
~tell ur friends excitedly (even frantically) about them (offline)

Dunno about type patterns though cause I'm usually right next to her doing the same thing.

tenINsFJ

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
Unfortunately my favorite artist is dead and my favorite composer is dead. But I buy their music online, and go to concerts. I'm going to a Liszt concert this saturday! Woohoo!

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I want to make a poll, basically because i'm just curious if there's indeed a correlation between NFs and the 'close-feeling'ness with their favorite artists (or maybe not)..that's what i want to find out in this thread :)

So, you want to find out who we're stalking? :D

If I really like a band, usually I buy all of the albums. (I have 12 or 13 R.E.M. albums, the most I have of any one group or artist.) I would actively go to their live shows, but the nearest major town where big-name acts would come to play is 6.5 hours away.

I don't really buy "merchandise," but I've purchased a couple music-related DVDs such as Pearl Jam's "Single Video Theory" (which is excellent by the way). I felt that SVT really gave me some insight into the band during their Yield era, as far as the vibe they were in at that time.

I don't download music: either I like a band well enough to purchase their music, or I don't like it well enough to mess around with illegal downloading. Some artists remove their music from Youtube but I think it's great that there are a ton of live concert clips on Youtube. They just make me more likely to purchase the band's music rather than download it for free, if the band is good. I think only mediocrity fears exposure; talent has no worries in this area. (Although I do admit there are crooked people out there who will download illegally no matter what...)

I'm not sure what "supporting" a band's web site etc. means. I did "friend" a few bands on Myspace if that is the kind of thing you're talking about though. But I do mention bands that I think are really talented. For example, everyone should check out Ghostland Observatory. They just got big with their Austin City Limits appearance a year or so ago and are a 2-piece electro-rock/dance act that has to be seen to be believed. :D