• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] NFs What personality type(s) calm you down the most and why?

G

garbage

Entirely depends on the problem at hand and what I feel that I need to do about it.

I can talk to NFs about relationships and NTs about forward planning, life direction, and my career. SPs get my mind off of problems pretty easily, and SJs keep me grounded in reality when my worry gets the best of me.

Every single of my good therapists has been ENFP, though.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I seem to always calm myself down. In fact... Can't really remember I ever needed someone else to calm me down.

But I'm no F, so. What do I know. :>

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
For sure the INFJs for me. I appreciate their depth and curiosity.

Bubbles

See Right Through Me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
My INFJ friend is the best calming influence I've ever had. After that comes ISFP, INTP, and ENFJ. :D

R

Riva

INFJ, ISFP

how could ISFPs possibly calm anyone down. yes yes they are calm all the time. but how could they possibly calm others down. they hardly speak a word. they just lie there staring at you.

sorry i had to sound rude.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INTJs are "in control", you feel like you are "in good hands", I notice they tend to be patient too.

Totally. They're really good at sitting down and calmly explaining exactly why whatever it is I'm worried about is not really something to be so worried about, and showing a rational, step-by-step plan for how to fix it.

placebo

MBTI Type
INFP
People who are really calm-like and chill
or probably INXX's in general

ConchShell

MBTI Type
ENFP
NFs when I want someone to just hear me out and not judge or try to fix anything. NTs when I'm in a panic and need someone to behave neutral and cool in the face of whatever disaster is happening.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
ISTP's, INTJ's and ISTJ's.

Why?
Because they are calm and when they are calm, I'm calm too.

I feel the most calming warmth with ISFJ's.
I even met once a guy who was so warm and calming I thought he must be the reborn buddha. I mean I never met such a person and I guess I'll never meet another one in my life. I think he was ISFJ.

faith

MBTI Type
INFJ
No offence. I've left plenty of curiuosity. But why or how?

That "aloofness" or "coldness" that people occasionally decry in NTs? It doesn't feel aloof or cold to me. It feels calm, secure, solid, immovable, dependable. They tend not to respond to my emotional outbursts, except maybe to laugh, which is usually such a relief. It frees me up to laugh, too. To take myself less seriously.

Sometimes I feel like I'm in the middle of a whirlwhind or cyclone of emotions; I can't find my perspective. The NT seems to be outside of it. If the NT is a friend, often s/he will lend me a hand and pull me out of the cyclone. For a moment, of course, I'm still breathless and confused, but the NTP rarely condemns me for that.

NTs don't impose their emotions upon me. So many NFs and SFs seem to, usually unintentionally. When I'm upset, I don't need any more emotions in the mix.

Also, I struggle with feeling compelled to please people. NTs usually don't have that same difficulty. It's reassuring to be around someone who is nice, kind, trustworthy, etc., but who isn't bending over backwards to meet others' expectations. I appreciate their autonomy. It kind of helps me be more autonomous.

I really like NTs. I could go on and on.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
then still the question remains, who calms down the NTP's ? :D

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTbneJ-ydEI"]Calmer[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Yeah, contrary to popular myths, istps can be quite welcoming and let me be myself and wind down. I have them near the top of my list.

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
Dude, anyone who can make me laugh & I can make them laugh..

One of my INTP friends, who is slightly more T than F, we have that chemistry.. 2 chicks who can act like guys & have fun.. even though we're feminine. We can talk about anything and everything and still be ourselves, no matter what.

Anyone who accepts me for me- for the my quirks/times of nerdiness. :nerd::)