User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Viv View Post
    Anyone who accepts me for me- for the my quirks/times of nerdiness.
    ISTPs love this nerdiness factor, especially the way it is handled. The voice, the face, the excitement. Especially the giddyness when thinking about something fun that is nerdy. Just be careful I have had a hair cut gone a little bad from this, lol.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

This is frustrating. I know exactly the type of person who calms me down the most. But, I don't know how to describe this person via the MBTI codes. I have met several people like this, and it is wondrous. I wish I would have pursued them more fully...
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

NTs. Possibly SFs. NTs are good at being level-headed and patient when I freak out. I say SF because I think my dad is an ISFJ, but it's possible he could be an INTP. He's very good at getting me to just take a deep breath and putting things in perspective for me without freaking me out more.

NFs can sometimes make me feel a little better because they can empathize with me, but as for really truly, calming me down when I have crossed the freak-out point of no return? Not so much.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

INFP and INTJ I'd say. INFP works beautifully for me because they're just as muddled up as I am, but seem to have a serene approach to being so. A lot of times what freaks me out is my perceived inability to handle something. I'm not organized enough, I'm not disciplined enough, I'm not 'tough' enough, etc. INFP shares a lot of the parts about me I see as weaknesses, but handles them in a quiet and endearing way that makes me feel like I can be all those things without losing my shit.

INTJ is wonderful as well. They can get where I'm coming from with N, and help me analyze my situation, but that calm introverted energy, cool thinking function, and steady judging are like a pole to grab on to when I'm falling all over the place. I sometimes have to draw out the personally reassuring statements though. Sometimes I've been successfully talked down from a freakout, but just need that final 'you're not crazy' statement for closure.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Society

that depends... what type was douglas adams?

but since this is a serious question... the type most common within the people who are the best at calming me down...

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Interestingly enough, I think any type calms me down if they are non-judgmental and non-controlling of me.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Ginkgo

In my experience, INFJs and ISTPs.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    that depends... what type was douglas adams?
    I think he had to be an NTP.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    INFP and INTJ I'd say. INFP works beautifully for me because they're just as muddled up as I am, but seem to have a serene approach to being so. A lot of times what freaks me out is my perceived inability to handle something. I'm not organized enough, I'm not disciplined enough, I'm not 'tough' enough, etc. INFP shares a lot of the parts about me I see as weaknesses, but handles them in a quiet and endearing way that makes me feel like I can be all those things without losing my shit.

INTJ is wonderful as well. They can get where I'm coming from with N, and help me analyze my situation, but that calm introverted energy, cool thinking function, and steady judging are like a pole to grab on to when I'm falling all over the place. I sometimes have to draw out the personally reassuring statements though. Sometimes I've been successfully talked down from a freakout, but just need that final 'you're not crazy' statement for closure.
    I have to agree with INFPs there. I have a couple of INFP friends and they are very calming...

Probably should have clarified though, ISFJs specifically, not all SFs... Some can make me freak out more. Especially SFPs.

INTJs are wonderful, though. Not sure about ENTJs, but they might. I've just never really known any.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

ESJ's; super relaxed people.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.