• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Fear/Startle reaction in NFs

O

Oberon

Hogna_lenta-IMG_9763.jpg

Okay... just for the sake of research... what was your reaction to this image?

:D

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
No, because I expected something like that based on the title. :newwink:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
oooh a spider :wubbie: look it has a bunch of eyes :yay:

spiders aren't scary

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ooh it's fuzzy.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
A very slight rush, and then nothing upon recognition of the spider. First thought, "Brown".

O

Oberon

As an NT, I noticed two things about this image: One, the common wolf spider is really a beautiful animal, and two, whoever took this picture can really shoot a camera. That image is sharp, man...

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
I have a fear of insects and particularly roaches. I've always hated them, they literally raise my hair in disgust.
The picture very slightly startled me though.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
i swear roaches are not from earth, they're from a different planet waiting patiently to invade our planet.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
was this thread just a test, or can we make broad characterizations about NFs and thier tendancy to be startled by things and then drop/bump into shit? Cuz anything I can do to make them feel bad about themselves, must be exploited.....

*looks for NFPs to sneak up on*

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dude,
Try harder.
BTW, Nice photo.

Hexis

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
One knowing to expect something kinda diluted the results and two it only being a picture didnt really do anything. I do have a personal phobia of spiders though, so lets just say if I saw that thing in my house I would get a gun...or this.

mechagodzilla_edit.jpg

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ewww its a big bug I think its going to try to jump on my face!!!!
^^was the first initial reaction - I like camel spiders better.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I am mildly arachnophobic. This picture only makes me a little uneasy, now if such a beast were to find it's way in my home, I'd probably keep as big of a distance as possible, but never let it out of my sight. I couldn't possibly kill it nor try to get rid of it and I would be too scared and ashamed to call anyone for help, so I would be screwed basically.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
First picture didn't get to me that much as I knew something was up. But I did scroll by quickly. However, someone quoted the picture, and I didn't see that coming. Mildly stronger reaction. Do this when I'm completely unaware, and with a real animal, and consider yourself off my friends-list unless you really know how to kiss ass. I'm arachnophobic btw.