• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Fear/Startle reaction in NFs

ShadowBoxer

MBTI Type
Enfp
Enneagram
I thought:

Spider.
Cute.
I wonder if he is about to bite that person, and if the person is aware that the spider is there, or if it some other person who noticed it there and decided to take a picture instead of warning the person it is sitting on, and if that is the case, I hope they aren't friends because that wouldn't be a very friend-like thing to do. Pretty picture though.
Then I got distracted by moving up and down my scroll bar.

*shrugs*

O

Oberon

Thoughts in order:

- Aww... :wubbie:
- I wonder what species it is?
- I want to poke it.
- I wonder if I could identify it. Hmm. Is it poisonous?

It's a common wolf spider, native to North America. Yes, it's poisonous, but not dangerous to humans.

Clover

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
"Aww... It's kind of cute, it looks like a mouse with eight legs. Yeah, would not want to touch it though."

I wasn't expecting anything like that to pop up, but it really didn't bother me... The internet holds no more surprises for me. :tongue:

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
How does it focus with all those eyes? Otherwise...smoosh. Or a gun, it's pretty big.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I had a heebie-jeebie moment, but was then intrigued by its complex patterns. Everything in the design is echoed, even the eyes.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
It looks like a wolf spider, that was my first thought/response.

In general, I startle very easily and hate when people try to fuck with me by scaring me.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I thought he was kind of cute.

But then I like nature, and don't have a fear of spiders, so.....

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
ok, now, if you'd put this up I would have been much less inclined to go "oooh, cute!"
heather-banana-spider.jpg

I've nearly walked face first into a banana spider. Same with the sorceress spider. Those buggers are at least 3 inches and can be 5 or six. For the sorceress they'll be in clusters so you'll look up and there'll be six or seven four inch spiders hanging above your head. It's one of those moments where your whole body freezes and you suddenly experience with stunning clarity that instinctive fight or flight response. The ironic thing is neither are very venomous.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oh god, that's horrifying. I'm glad we don't have such spiders out here in Estonia.

Leysing

MBTI Type
FiSi
Wow. :shock: Fortunately these latitudes tend to freeze big bad bugs to death.

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
Is that a solifuge? That's really cool! It's head is such a fascinating shape! Is it poisonous?

MrME

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Hahahaha, you silly sods. I'm a horror movie fan, and it takes a lot to scare me -- :shock:

AUUGHHH KILL IT WITH FIRE!!1!11!

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hahahaha, you silly sods. I'm a horror movie fan, and it takes a lot to scare me -- :shock:

AUUGHHH KILL IT WITH FIRE!!1!11!

ROFL

:hug:

that solifuge thingy made me do a little spine shake though. Nastly lookin' toothes on th' bugger. :huh: