First 3456 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    Wow. My mom is BPD too (in my opinion, she's not diagnosed).

Yeah, I think type can be somewhat of a response to an environment, too.

Maybe this question would work better for type 9 INFJs, actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    Yeah, my mom was never officially diagnosed, however she fits all the diagnostic criteria, & psychologists I have spoken with about her behavior patterns/emotional issues/turbulent interpersonal relationships, etc, have all agreed that's a likely diagnosis, though of course they couldn't be certain without offically evaluating her. Of course, my mom would never go for that. Damn black & white perspective on reality.. to her it would mean she was irreparably fucked up and insane. Which.. well.. in some ways she kinda is, but you get what I mean. The -ALL GOOD or ALL BAD- no gray area- outlook... it's gotta be so stressful to see the world that way constantly.

Just curious, what's your mom's MBTI?
    Mine's an ISFJ.

I could see how the initial thread topic might apply moreso to type 9 INFJs.
    I'm a 5. I think I may have used to fit the description of 9s when I was younger. I also had a lot less self value back then, something I attribute directly to upbringing/childhood experiences.. hmm.
    My mental health professionals suspect my parents to be APD (sociopaths)
    Both are NTs.
    I fall into the traumatized group of INFJs.
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    I suppose it may make sense.. at least in my mind.. to psychologically survive after the upbringing I had, I needed to shut out negative emotions; tune out my own internal pain.
    If I didn't.. there are times I'm pretty sure I would have given up, and ended my life.
    After my brother died, I gained this increasing sense of urgency that I want to do so much with my life... and I still had a lot of emotional hurdles to get through. It became all the more 'safe' & 'beneficial for happiness/health longterm' in my subconscious, to suppress/set aside all my emotional responses to my immediate environment, unpleasant & otherwise. I mean, I still feel. It's just in a more detached sort of way.. if that makes sense..
    I totally relate. BPD mom, death of a loved one...

I deal with emotions in much the same way. It's why lots of people type me as T (in real life).

(Hmmm...maybe I'm a 5...I need to think about this...)

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    I totally relate. BPD mom, death of a loved one...

I deal with emotions in much the same way. It's why lots of people type me as T (in real life).

Ha, yeah.. likewise IRL...

I'm "very rational" to everyone but my INTJ friends.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    ENFj

Hummm this begs the question, exactly how many have not been abused here.
    ENFJ 3W4

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Two of my closest INFJ friends, both females, come from very sheltered lives. One comes from a strong christian family, who just came to public school two years ago, and doesn't know the world too well. She's a straight A student, and is perfect in a lot of ways. Same for the other one, too.

I think it quite possible for INFJs to come out of troubled childhood, as they seem emotionally strong, and are leaders of their own sacred agenda. It all makes sense.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by The Third Rider View Post
    Hummm this begs the question, exactly how many have not been abused here.
    Sounds like a good question to ask now.
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

My best friend who is an INFJ came from an abusive home.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    EN?P
    Enneagram

I live with an INFJ who came from an abusive home but at the same time I grew up with a total of three incredibly healthy female INFJs and one super healthy male INFJ who came from incredibly loving and supportive (though weird and unorthodox) homes.

Until this thread most of the INFJs I knew had great home lives. My own family consists of nine traumatised siblings none of which is an INFJ. I just don't think one thing has as much to with the other as this thread is implying.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I don't want to get into it too much...not being INFJ, as well....but yes. I don't have any contact with my family because of it. My mother was extremely controlling and emotionally abusive. I had no boundries with her because she didn't respect them. Nothing was sacred. I struggled to maintain a sense of self.
    I had several psychs, and counsellors tell me I needed to break contact with her. The funny thing, every body now keeps telling me I'm a bad persons for doing so, though if I hadn't I would have killed myself.
    I've tried to tell people my story, but people say it doesn't sound that bad...BUT it was to me.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by FireyPheonix View Post
    I had several psychs, and counsellors tell me I needed to break contact with her. The funny thing, every body now keeps telling me I'm a bad persons for doing so, though if I hadn't I would have killed myself. I've tried to tell people my story, but people say it doesn't sound that bad...BUT it was to me.
    If she was toxic, driving you toward suicide, then you have no choice but to protect yourself from her. That doesn't make you a bad person, it makes you a sane person. If somebody is so bold to call you a bad person because of it, you should feel free to tell them they're talking out of their asses and maybe they should mind their own effing business. They weren't there, so who are they to judge?
    INFJ
    4w5