User Tag List

First 1234 Last

WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    WHOA. You just described my life. I'm slightly freaked out.
    Even more so because of the username.
    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    sheesh humans! for realz

Quote Originally Posted by A Schnitzel View Post
    Even more so because of the username.
    :head explodes:
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

My mom was off her rocker too...I went to dinner with her once and in proper form of blaming everything on someone else, she said it was all my fault she ate an extra plate of spagetti because I went to the bathroom and when she ordered it (she is morbidly obese) and my father was just uck..bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

It is proven that extroverts handle stressful/traumatic situations MUCH DIFFERENTLY than introverts.

Extroverts brains literally shut down in the midst of trauma and suppress its chance of permanently damaging the psyche.

Introverts brains absorb each second of the trauma in frame by frame sequence, and can re-focus on it to that degree of accuracy years later.

So, I can see where if twin boys, one INFJ and the other ESTP were both born to a dysfunctional/abusive household, then one would potentially be more affected by that than the other.

MBTI
    INFP

That's an interesting statement, Halla. I often wonder how one child can come out of an abusive home and become sensitive to the emotions of others, a champion of the underdog. And a sibling from the same environment becomes an abuser.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I'd say I came from a dysfunctional family that also experienced a fair amount of trauma/tragedy on top of underlying dysfunction: (Mom with Borderline Personality Disorder who came from a very abusive home- vicious cycle thing - Father was terminally ill/died - BPD Mom developed codependent relationship w/children & dated men who abused her & her 2 kids - Mom abused alcohol; kids carried her to bed, etc/we were always to blame & I still am today - Brother was killed violently/suddenly -I'm still in a weird relationship w/my BPD mom.. feel responsible for her well being... she's emotionally abusive though.. it's maddening.. she's all I've got left.. y'know..)

I'd say my type developed as it has.. as almost a mental survival mechanism, really.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

Glycerine

Well, I lived in an orphanage for a few years and it took me many years to get over it... I had a lot of rage as a child for some unexplained reason. INFX would probably be the most sensitive to truamas.
    Edit: Are you guys really skilled at repressing things as a defense mechanism?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by IDK123 View Post
    Well, I lived in an orphanage for a few years and it took me many years to get over it... I had a lot of rage as a child for some unexplained reason. INFX would probably be the most sensitive to truamas.
    Edit: Are you guys really skilled at repressing things as a defense mechanism?
    I'm good at shutting down and shutting things out, if that's what you mean. Right now, I think repression is a bad thing in the long-term. If you do it too long, it starts to come out of you anyway in very dangerous ways. Which is why it's better to experience those shut off parts of yourself little by little. By feeling and coming to terms with whatever it is/was, you will later be free from it and no longer have to worry about keeping it away from you (consciously or unconsciously) all the time.

It is a good way to survive for the moment until you find your footing again, though.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    I'm good at shutting down and shutting things out, if that's what you mean. Right now, I think repression is a bad thing in the long-term. If you do it too long, it starts to come out of you anyway in very dangerous ways. Which is why it's better to experience those shut off parts of yourself little by little. By feeling and coming to terms with whatever it is/was, you will later be free from it and no longer have to worry about keeping it away from you (consciously or unconsciously) all the time.

It is a good way to survive for the moment until you find your footing again, though.
    Agreed.

I've learned slowly how to take in those intense emotions, little by little.
    It's an overwhelming process at times, but I know it's for the best in the longterm.

sidenote - HEY!
    I lived in Marietta, GA back in like, 1993-1994.. Then I moved to Dallas, GA til '96. Then up to New England.
    Random.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    INFP

Well, I had the "2nd child" syndrom and the title of "worst child" in my house. No not really, I think I interpreted it that way. It's sad but I can't seem to ever shake that feeling of being the "bad guy". I am more aware of it now so I can identify it.
    We didn't really have abuse, a few traumatic episodes but what made me sensitive and "love hungry" was probably the lifestyle more than the family itself.
    Nothing was stable, people died often, we were often in danger, many times I was completely unaware of some very important events,overall it's a big blob of misty confusion. I peer through it often and try to "understand why" I am the way I am but sometimes nothing comes up.
    As for the "take in every second of.." for Introverts, painfully true here.
    Even though I can repress my emotions they are bound to resurface destructively, so I let them free nowadays, for "health's sake".
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-