• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] how to eliminate boredom in life?

are you often bored with your "so-so" life?

• yes, very much, and I often show it blatantly to others!

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • yes, very much, but I rarely show it to other people

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • sometimes,.but it's getting worse from time to time

• sometimes,.but I'm often just trying to enjoy it!..

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • very rarely, 'cuz I LOVE my current life! (please post ur life-story below)

• very rarely, because either have no time to think, or I'm a very simple person

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • NEVER!! I never got bored with my Life!!

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
mmmmmmhh (makes me look clever when I do that, but I'm really thinking about coke, chewing gum or bed)

Spend a week having a(lot of) small shot of vodka whenever u go out ?

Jeremy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Mighty fine idea. I'll try that some time.
Do I look up random plots, or super natural bad guys in the yellow pages?

Either will do, but they usually are only in the super sekret yellow pages. You can buy those on Ebay probably, but then again, they are SUPER SEKRET.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
how to eliminate boredom: stop watching animes all day, work on ur social skills : P

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I'm bored but I've let myself fall into it. It's a little every day, falling into "routine." I actually let it affect my life by feeling "unsatisfied"

I did try to talk my kids into going to new york this weekend. That might have taken some boredom away :tongue:

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I'm bored but I've let myself fall into it. It's a little every day, falling into "routine." I actually let it affect my life by feeling "unsatisfied"

I did try to talk my kids into going to new york this weekend. That might have taken some boredom away :tongue:

The trick is not to lick a sharpe knife while asking.
:D

Alpha Prime

MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
XXXX
If you're not the life of your own party, then you haven't found the meaning of your life.

SuperServal

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Whenever I start feeling bored (like other people said...if I'm falling into routine day after day) I try to find something to work on that makes me feel like I'm improving myself. Like developing my songwriting or drawing skills. Or I'll pick a subject and scour the internet for random information on it. Or I'll watch new movies. Or I'll try to meet new people!

I actually don't get bored very often with what is actually going on in one specific moment. But I do get bored with doing the same things over and over again.

I guess this is where my more extreme NFP friends come in handy!

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Either will do, but they usually are only in the super sekret yellow pages. You can buy those on Ebay probably, but then again, they are SUPER SEKRET.
Ah, you can buy anything on ebay! I once read about this guy who sold basically his entire life, seriously!
I could probably buy my arch nemesis there. :newwink:

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
Are you sure everyone you know is as happy to be doing the work they do as you say they are? They could be putting on a face, or they could just have a different perspective.

As for the internet and youtube and alternative lifestyles, do you really believe that? Is it really how it's shown? Is happiness really as simple as moving to a farm, or travelling, or whatever? I'm skeptical; it seems silly to think anything is that simple, there are always struggles. When people tell stories of their travels, they don't talk about the tough parts, but they're always there. Same deal with the movies, they're movies, they are not the same as real life, never apply or compare them to what kind of adventures life should have, they will always be different.

You talk about money and status a lot. Your job... who says it has to have anything to do with who you are? Who says it has to be fulfilling? It's an acting gig, you go in and you come out. You got to play the game. Money is part of this... it's all part of the game, but that doesn't mean it has to decide who you are or what you do. It doesn't have to have anything to do with your identity unless you let it. Do you worry if your breakfast cereal was meaningful enough, or your clothes, or everything else?.. What I'm trying to get at, but can't describe as fluidly as I'd like to, is that maybe the people who seem content in their cubicle merely don't let somethign arbitrary like a cubicle decide their worth... the whole "you can't be a prisoner if you don't let yourself feel inprisoned" kind of mentality.

Personally I'm not bored with my life, but I do sometimes want to go for soemthing more. I know it won't be easy, but I think I'm at a crossraods where I need to step it up. I have awesome hobbies and stuff I can always work on, so routine never gets old. But I still need to step it up this summer, get a job, challenge myself a bit more than usual.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Well, Niki, I do hear what you are saying. It is not an easy feeling to dispel. In order to do so you need to take some action. Just sitting and wishing for something different will not make it so.

I do not have a magic answer unfortunately though. You need to connect with a passion in order to make the rest palatable. And you need to be grateful for what you do have. I started a thankfulness journal to remind me of all the good things even if my job is not as satisfying to me. I have also been reading this book: Refuse to Choose and have been finding it interesting.

Good luck; I know it can be very frustrating to feel as you do.

SuperServal

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
GZA said:
You talk about money and status a lot. Your job... who says it has to have anything to do with who you are? Who says it has to be fulfilling? It's an acting gig, you go in and you come out. You got to play the game. Money is part of this... it's all part of the game, but that doesn't mean it has to decide who you are or what you do. It doesn't have to have anything to do with your identity unless you let it. Do you worry if your breakfast cereal was meaningful enough, or your clothes, or everything else?.. What I'm trying to get at, but can't describe as fluidly as I'd like to, is that maybe the people who seem content in their cubicle merely don't let somethign arbitrary like a cubicle decide their worth... the whole "you can't be a prisoner if you don't let yourself feel inprisoned" kind of mentality.

You bring up some very good points. We certainly don't need to let everything we do form our identity. Our true inner selves probably aren't even identifiable anyway.

The thing about jobs and careers, though, in this modern industrial society (America, Japan, Europe, etc...) is that they are what society is built on. The capitalist economy dictates that we must work. But we seem to have put too much emphasis on efficiency, profits, and productivity. I know that average Americans and Japanese people are working around 50-60 hours a week now. This is crazy. With lifestyles like this how can our career not be part of our identity? It eats up all our time. Many of us have no more free time able to develop meaningful hobbies or relationships with people. And it's all the more frustrating to many because they are too involved in the game and too locked into the system. If you work all the time, life is gonna lock into a routine and you will be sucked dry. I hope to avoid this in every way possible.

niki

MBTI Type
INFP
The thing about jobs and careers, though, in this modern industrial society (America, Japan, Europe, etc...) is that they are what society is built on. The capitalist economy dictates that we must work. But we seem to have put too much emphasis on efficiency, profits, and productivity. I know that average Americans and Japanese people are working around 50-60 hours a week now. This is crazy. With lifestyles like this how can our career not be part of our identity? It eats up all our time. Many of us have no more free time able to develop meaningful hobbies or relationships with people. And it's all the more frustrating to many because they are too involved in the game and too locked into the system. If you work all the time, life is gonna lock into a routine and you will be sucked dry. I hope to avoid this in every way possible.

GZA, although you bring up some very good points (which kinda made me pause to think & ponder, honestly) , but my conclusion is the the same as what SuperServal said above.. it is exactly my problem too: with work consumes around 3/4th of our life, how could it not be "part" of our identity? especially for those kind of people who work over-time, until very late at night, and then have to get up again at morning.. I personally just can't, in a century, imagine why these people would choose to 'crush' their true identity and what they really want, and instead just put all their 'identities' into a job that they know they dislike.. if it's for money only, I would soon just resign, I don't actually care if I'll starve and stuff like that, "I will survive" , much much better than become a karoshii (death from overwork, very popular term in Japan).

Worse, is when society, and people around you just identify with you solely, purely just from what you're doing at your job/work, and that's it.
examples: have you ever come to a friends or big-family gathering, only to be asked (or concerned) with these 'boring' questions: "oh hey, so how's ur job?" and when you even half-heartedly answered "oh...yah..it's fine...i guess" , yet people KEPT ASKING you consecutively with more stuff: "oh! i heard the furniture business is now tumbling down...how do you handle that?" or "oh but it surely doesn't affect ur profits, right?" , and the climax is when some people praised me by saying "look at him, he's so succesful, will become rich, he'll definitely get married with beautiful girl, all girls will look up at him bla bla..."
sometimes I feel that I just want to yell at them and say "I'M NOT LIKE WHAT YOU SEE!!!" , because god I just hate how these people kept viewing me as my job = my identity = I LOVE my job! NO, I don't like my job, in fact, I hate it, I despise it! it's not my *true* identity.
and yet when I play music passionately (which is always been my true passion), I just really hate it when people here said things like "oh how sweet...you really have such a good hobby!"
my god...."hobby" ?? I've actually always intended to make it as my FULL-time career, but always these pragmatist people just kept saying how I should never - in my sane mind - choose Music as career, because "it'll definitely make you broke & starving" , that's what they said repeatedly always,.and yet they kept placing such a 'fake' identity in me, by viewing me as a "succesfull furniture Export manager" !

how can i not get irritated by all of that?

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I rarely ever feel bored, thank god.

I am quite adept at entertaining and stimulated myself.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
does any of you here can relate with me?

how to remedy this kind of feelings?
how to eliminate boredom in life?

I can relate to you. I am very often very bored.
I don't know the remedy because I think it's impossible to eliminate boredom from life, sorry. :huh:

I maybe play lots of online fantasy games becaues I'm trying to escape from boredom. :ninja:

blanclait

MBTI Type
ENTP
There's so much work to be done. I can never be bored. Rather what i need is more and more time.