User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Everyone needs to be inspired to do things.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Ti can tell me what to do all it wants, but it won't work. i can't understand what and why i ever do anything, weighing feelings and contextual clues, it would require a degree in advanced mathematics to comprehend and symbolize it.

plus, if i don't get a clear majority vote, i just keep thinking about what to do instead of choosing one and following thru.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    Ti can tell me what to do all it wants, but it won't work. i can't understand what and why i ever do anything, weighing feelings and contextual clues, it would require a degree in advanced mathematics to comprehend and symbolize it.

plus, if i don't get a clear majority vote, i just keep thinking about what to do instead of choosing one and following thru.
    LOL ditto. Except I don't think it requires any advanced math to understand it. In fact, I think "understanding" it actually makes it worse in a way, since you give in to the idea that you never actually follow through with anything anyway and always get stuck weighing things. Which makes you even more stuck. Self-fulfilling prophecy.

I'm still stuck, though.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    Everyone needs to be inspired to do things.
    I never claimed differently, but what we are discussing is a degree.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Yeah, I usually have to psyche myself up to get anything tedious done. Or put pressure on myself by conjuring up scary images of how angry people will get if I don't accomplish what was expected. Works great.
    To die would be an awfully big adventure - Peter Pan

INFJ ~ 4w5 sp/sx ~ RLOAI ~ Inclusion e/w=1/0 (Melancholy Compulsive) Control: e/w=0/6 (Supine) Affection: e/w=4/0 (Phlegmatic Melancholy)

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

weighing the actual scale itself, etc. (i think i'm NiTi too, by the way).

it's worst in social situations when i need to process lots of information quickly. it feels like i need more motivation and a clearer direction, which i don't have.

i've realized how divorced and withdrawn i can be, i'll just stop participating and attuning my attention to Fe and using the only extroverted process i have that is halfway decent or that can tell me anything and just go into 100% introversion mode. in which case, everything becomes disastrous and i have no idea what is going on or how to respond or respect the feelings of others bc i am 100% stuck on my own confusion. i'm trying really hard right now to figure out how to use each function effectively and when to rely on each.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

I will resurrect this.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

More often than I like, less often than is functionally degrading. *hopes that makes sense*
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I need motivation for mundane tasks, usually in the form of a deadline with real consequences. I will let dishes sit in the sink for days, leave clean clothes sitting in the laundry basket, etc, until someone tells me they are coming over and then I am running around like a mad woman cleaning things up. All of a sudden, I have motivation because I fear the embarrassment of looking like a slob.

Otherwise, I will look at those things and think, "I could do that, but first I will read for a bit, drink my coffee, check my email". I think it's very much a P thing to reward yourself first, and then do the task. When I become tired with "play" because it's not fulfilling me in certain ways or because the work hanging over my head is now interfering with my enjoyment, then I will attack the work. I get things done quickly and well when I am in the right frame of mind. If I try and force it, I am so lethargic and half-assed that it's not even worth trying. I got very good at my past jobs at faking looking busy while I really goofed off, and then I'd cram all the work in by the deadline successfully. And hey, I got it done, didn't I?

Inspiration is something I need for creativity (design in my case). It goes beyond the motivation of a deadline (which does help though). I need a muse. I can usually find it in other art forms, such as listening to music, looking at photography, etc. I also find I must clear my mind of practical worry so I can focus. I will go for a walk and look at the sky and trees. Then my mind is ready to create. It's a very good feeling to be in that place, but sometimes I cannot get there, or I get interrupted and can't find my way back.

I also have issues with doing things in my head first and then not wanting to do them in reality "again", but that's a different story...
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I need motivation for mundane tasks, usually in the form of a deadline with real consequences. I will let dishes sit in the sink for days, leave clean clothes sitting in the laundry basket, etc, until someone tells me they are coming over and then I am running around like a mad woman cleaning things up. All of a sudden, I have motivation because I fear the embarrassment of looking like a slob.

Otherwise, I will look at those things and think, "I could do that, but first I will read for a bit, drink my coffee, check my email". I think it's very much a P thing to reward yourself first, and then do the task. When I become tired with "play" because it's not fulfilling me in certain ways or because the work hanging over my head is now interfering with my enjoyment, then I will attack the work. I get things done quickly and well when I am in the right frame of mind. If I try and force it, I am so lethargic and half-assed that it's not even worth trying. I got very good at my past jobs at faking looking busy while I really goofed off, and then I'd cram all the work in by the deadline successfully. And hey, I got it done, didn't I?

Inspiration is something I need for creativity (design in my case). It goes beyond the motivation of a deadline (which does help though). I need a muse. I can usually find it in other art forms, such as listening to music, looking at photography, etc. I also find I must clear my mind of practical worry so I can focus. I will go for a walk and look at the sky and trees. Then my mind is ready to create. It's a very good feeling to be in that place, but sometimes I cannot get there, or I get interrupted and can't find my way back.

I also have issues with doing things in my head first and then not wanting to do them in reality "again", but that's a different story...
    This is me, exactly.

And the doing things in your head and then having to do them "again" -- yes! I think of it as the effort to cause things to materialize. I know precisely to the last detail what I'm going to do ... it's just a matter of doing it. The doing it seems incidental most of the time.