User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 41

  1. #21
    Senior Member r0wo1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    186

    Default

    Haha that is funny, I will often get inspiration and then start a project and then lose the inspiration halfway through or before and then leave the project sitting on myself or saved to my computer for weeks before I finally feel the fire again... Needless to say I have a lot of half finished ideas laying around :P

    Pockets I almost exploded with joy when I saw your avatar!
    r0wo1 the destroyer of threads has struck again...

  2. #22
    Senior Member niki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by r0wo1 View Post
    Haha that is funny, I will often get inspiration and then start a project and then lose the inspiration halfway through or before and then leave the project sitting on myself or saved to my computer for weeks before I finally feel the fire again... Needless to say I have a lot of half finished ideas laying around :P
    and doesn't it frustrate you so much?
    it's like you have this lots of great, brilliant 'unthinkable' ideas, yet , only in the end, you've found that you're too lazy to get ANY of 'em completly done, in 'professional' way..so in the end, it means zero.
    doesn't it frustate you??

    argghhh... but why i kept doing this over & over!?

  3. #23
    Senior Member r0wo1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    186

    Default

    and doesn't it frustrate you so much?
    it's like you have this lots of great, brilliant 'unthinkable' ideas, yet , only in the end, you've found that you're too lazy to get ANY of 'em completly done, in 'professional' way..so in the end, it means zero.
    doesn't it frustate you??

    argghhh... but why i kept doing this over & over!?
    Hehe yeah... I keep coming up with these incredible ideas for books, and I get halfway through a summary for a skeletal structure and I have totally lost the fire for it. Maybe if I actually finished one, one day I could be rich! But somehow I dont think I will ever find out... :P
    r0wo1 the destroyer of threads has struck again...

  4. #24
    Senior Member niki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by r0wo1 View Post
    Hehe yeah... I keep coming up with these incredible ideas for books, and I get halfway through a summary for a skeletal structure and I have totally lost the fire for it. Maybe if I actually finished one, one day I could be rich! But somehow I dont think I will ever find out... :P
    ..and become just an 'ordinary' person and settle-for-less, instead of harnessing your full-potential and become who you could become..

    is that okay with you?
    being 26-year old now, and soon going to be 27 year-old, it's definitely not okay with me, as this just means I just kept wasting time for each week, each month, and each year, until 6-full-years wasted because of nothing gets done, and "talks only".. it's really painful when i think about it..

  5. #25
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp
    Posts
    8,696

    Default

    Interesting.

    Why things that are not inspireing are so problematic for you?

  6. #26
    Senior Member Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Interesting.

    Why things that are not inspireing are so problematic for you?
    Fi needs to care to get things done.

  7. #27
    Senior Member IEE623's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    NeXx
    Socionics
    IeE
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    That they usually need inspiration to do things even if task is not that difficult.
    u mean like... EATING?
    "Adversity makes men, and prosperity makes monsters"

  8. #28
    Senior Mugwump Apollanaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Posts
    550

    Default

    Inspiration is the fuel that I rely on for motivation. Unfortunately, my chosen career no longer inspires me as much as it used to. To compensate, I have to promise myself lots of little "rewards" when I complete tasks which do not inspire me. Even then, it can be difficult to get motivated sometimes.
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

    "A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

    And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

    - Kate Bush

  9. #29
    Senior Member niki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Apollanaut View Post
    Inspiration is the fuel that I rely on for motivation. Unfortunately, my chosen career no longer inspires me as much as it used to. To compensate, I have to promise myself lots of little "rewards" when I complete tasks which do not inspire me. Even then, it can be difficult to get motivated sometimes.
    so you work half-heartedly now, since you can't find any inspiration to motivate you anymore ?
    a lots of tasks even got delayed, postponed, or worse, abandoned? is it?

    sounds like my case now..

  10. #30
    Senior Mugwump Apollanaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Posts
    550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niki View Post
    so you work half-heartedly now, since you can't find any inspiration to motivate you anymore ?
    a lots of tasks even got delayed, postponed, or worse, abandoned? is it?

    sounds like my case now..
    A lot depends on the importance of the task. If it's inessential and unmotivating then, yeah, just like you say. However, a lot of my work is to tight deadlines for court prosecutions (I'm a forensic scientist), which is a good thing because I do get motivated by time pressures (though I may put something off to the last minute - possibly to gain the maximum benefit from the adrenaline surge: "Oh My God! I have to get this finished asap!"

    The other problem is getting terminally distracted by all the things I'd rather be doing (such as posting here).
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

    "A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

    And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

    - Kate Bush

Similar Threads

  1. [NF] What Makes You Deeply HAPPY And/Or What do you NEED to be HAPPY?
    By ChocTiramisu in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 08-19-2017, 11:51 PM
  2. [NT] How strongly do you need to do things "your" way?
    By cavarice in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 02-22-2010, 02:12 PM
  3. Doing things you enjoy vs what you need to do
    By Poki in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-24-2009, 01:19 PM
  4. What do you need to feel "OK"?
    By foolish heart in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 11-25-2009, 12:04 PM
  5. Do you need to sympathize with characters to enjoy them?
    By Ivy in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-07-2008, 03:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO