User Tag List

First 12

oh dear god *face palm*

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    But anyway, I think these threads are games where people want validation that they're hard to understand, so whatevs.
    this.

MBTI
    nnja
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    EII

LMFAO you guys rock.
    "Don�t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." - Howard Thurman

[SIGPIC]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l110/evillinclinations/fortune45.gif[/SIGPIC]

...and yes, I'm still on about that...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by hokie912 View Post
    I think there are a lot of problems with this. Namely, that you're assuming that people perceive things the same way in your "absolute" categorizations. Sensing might focus on more concrete information, but the idea that two Sensors will experience things the same way is quite a leap and doesn't make allowances for differences in perception. I also disagree with your characterization of Extraversion as an absolute -- it means different things for different people. More internalized doesn't necessarily mean less absolute/more relative. I just think you're extending this idea beyond its usefulness, especially since the functions depend on one another in practice.
    What he said. And P functions (extraverted Perceiving - so Se, Ne) are infinitely less 'absolute' than extraverted Judging functions (Te, Fe).
    P / J can't be considered in isolation - it's kinda meaningless.

INFJs are hard to understand. But that's just 'cos they don't make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    What he said.
    She! (though you'd have no way of knowing that), and thanks. I think the person who pinpointed that the OP presented a theory that played into his own bias said it best, though.

INFJs are hard to understand. But that's just 'cos they don't make sense.
    No arguments here!

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by hokie912 View Post
    I think the person who pinpointed that the OP presented a theory that played into his own bias said it best, though.
    I'm on the verge of being slightly offended by you guys so strongly assuming that I'm "playing for my own team". It's not like you're suggesting it; you seem to be taking it for granted as if it obviously was the case here.

It's not. I just happen to be an INFJ. And a person of different type agreed on my rationalizations before I posted it. I've made a lot theories about other types too. Obviously one can't make a theory about one's own type without getting disregarded. I'd like to be disregarded for being wrong, not because of false and easy assumptions.

Just so that you know, I'm a very objective person. At least I strive to be. I want to understand things, not twist them so that I'd become more special. That would be really immature.