User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Eh. I'm not stellar at taking care of myself either. :kicks a pebble:

But! I take better care of myself than he does!
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by FireyPheonix View Post
    I have people give me "you've got to take better care of your self" lecture all the time. Don't get me wrong, I'm not some kind of skank or something, I just kinda get lost, run out of time, distracted etc. God, I had an ex go grocery shopping for me, because he was horrified, at what he found in my cupboards! (it was along the lines of 1 can of tomatoes and not much else) And I have people cook me food all the time, which is kinda sweet. It's weird, people that know me well get much more worried about my well being, then I am myself. Seriously, I don't think I'm that much of a train wreck. Although I do burn out spectacularly from work. I probably do work too hard.

I don't think INFJ's have the same problem some how...seem much more organised, and more able to fit things into their day.
    Haha, this is all so familiar.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by tibby View Post
    Very good list.

For me it's confusing that separating INFJ and INFP from each other would be difficult... Knowing one, we differ dramatically.

One big difference you can notice firsthand is the communication style:

INFP: There's one of those new grocery shops.
    INFJ: Yeah. I saw a commercial on tv.
    INFP: Are you hungry ?
    INFJ: Not really. Why?
    INFP: Just thought if you might be.
    INFJ: Have you eaten anything today?
    INFP: No.
    INFJ: Do you want to go and buy something from the store?
    INFP: Okay.

The way INFPs communicate seems so devious to me It'd take a lot of energy to formulate my communation that way... INFJs are more "take-charge" type and want to be direct (and would want others to be too). You can also notice it in the way the two types speak: INFPs have very soft, almost dream-like, monotonic speech pattern, whereas INFJs can talk with their enthusiasm, speaking faster than even their minds could handle.

INFPs usually look more elegant and their expressions are controlled, they have this almost stoic vibe to them. INFJs don't feel their emotions nearly as passionately nor deeply as INFPs, but you can read their emotional states from their faces and gestures.

INFPs are very private individuals, one of the most self-sacrificing type out there. They think in terms of good and bad and are over-the-top perfectionistic. INFPs don't share their innermost hurts with anyone, they can be excellent councelors to others but they themselves solve their feelings and thoughts best alone.

INFJs on the other hand can talk to the people they feel are worthy of that trust about stuff that bothers them and it helps the INFJ to solve their dilemmas by talking them through. Not talking about their issues will make INFJ ill.

INFPs don't pay much attention to their physical states: they may not notice they're hungry or needed to use the toilet or have a stomach ache etc. INFJs are almost hypocondric compared to INFPs: INFJs are very well aware of their physical conditions.

These are a few just more of a behavioural differences I've noticed.
    Psh, yeah.
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

"INFJs on the other hand can talk to the people they feel are worthy of that trust about stuff that bothers them and it helps the INFJ to solve their dilemmas by talking them through. Not talking about their issues will make INFJ ill."

The trick is making your INFP friend this person. It's win win, the INFP feels good for being able to help and the INFJ feels good for being able to talk to someone. As mentioned in the INFP-INFJ friendship thread INFPs often feel like they don't contribute much to the relationship.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    nnja
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    EII

God, I had an ex go grocery shopping for me, because he was horrified, at what he found in my cupboards! (it was along the lines of 1 can of tomatoes and not much else)

So I guess the fact that I have a very accurate mental inventory of food and supplies in my house would be a "j" trait...
    "Don�t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." - Howard Thurman

[SIGPIC]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l110/evillinclinations/fortune45.gif[/SIGPIC]

...and yes, I'm still on about that...

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    So does Fi seem like deeper feeling to you? I always thought Fe was because I can barely withstand the force of it in EXFJs and wonder how they can it themselves. Then again discussing Fi vs Fe in INFXs is rather interesting because depending on which system you're partial to, INFJ could be the one with Fi as one of the two leading functions, or INFP.
    i do feel that Fi seems like deeper feeling. i don't have it internally. i'm not the one making it. i feel like i just absorb it from the world and it gets amplified and ricocheted off in any number of directions. and this seems like an idiotic way of looking at it, bc all feeling has to come from relationships outside of you existent in the world. nevertheless they believe and hear something internally that sounds like feeling, i can only recognize what is trapped intside of me, what is my own, by looking at what is around me and naming/describing it. and it is as if i am trying to get rid of it, but their feeling just keeps accumulating and being transformed into something else or being sweated out and suffered thru until it is clean.

what do you mean, which system?

somewhat relatedly, if i read j vs p, i am totally unsure of which i identify with more strongly. with that said, i identify with the type description of infj wholeheartedly, although my Ti is pretty strongly developed so for a while i thought i was an intp. nowadays tho, i feel Ni Fe Ti all the way.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by something boring View Post
    So I guess the fact that I have a very accurate mental inventory of food and supplies in my house would be a "j" trait...
    LOL, Yeah probably as it's a bit pot luck with me. I have no idea.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

at first i loved this presentation, because it totally matches definitions of functions, and therefore works without any J/P crap and can easily translated to socioncs by switching J/P

infp=FiNe
    infj=NiFe

at second glimpse, I found some lines, that don't ring that true or are too ambiguous.

the boldfaced black lines are very true and important and clean (not ambiguous) to my eyes.

"italics" means unclean.

INFPs focus on values.
    INFJs value their focus.

INFPs invoke their feelings.
    INFJs feel their invocations.

INFPs use their intuition to validate their feelings. so feelings come first, also this type will invoke intuitive scenarios that make him feel a wanted feeling, like a ritual for instance
    INFJs use their feelings to validate their intuitions.
    evaluate is a better word, also Fe is selective about ideas. validation is really a task of perception it self. also Te tries to come up with different interpretations of intuition, which are also evaluated by Fe

INFPs react with strong emotions.
    INFJs have strong reactions to emotions.

INFPs know what it could be. - cant tell what it's not, and knows it. does not believe that other people can tell.
    INFJs know what it couldnt be. NiFe is very speculative, but also quickly dismissive

INFPs use emotional currency. ambigous, could be understood as Fe
    INFJs use their emotions currently. huh?

INFPs dont know when to quit, and tend to jump out.
    INFJs dont know where to start, and tend to jump in. totally depends on what we are talking about. if we are talking about the symbiotic relationshioship, then Fe does not know when to quit. may be true in other situations

INFPs strive to nurture those around them.
    INFJs nurture those around them to strive.
    abmigous or even mixed up.

INFPs know where it begins. see the option, when multiple processes come together
    INFJs know where it ends. predict the death of a singular process

INFPs are highly aware of their feelings.
    INFJs feel they are highly aware.

INFPs figure it out by thinking about it too much.
    INFJs figure it out by not thinking about it at all.
    nice try .... NiFe is never done thinking about what it sees, but yes it tends to "see" things for the most parts.

INFPs have trouble expressing their feelings, but not showing their emotions. Fi: (unless they are too ashamed)
    INFJs have trouble showing their emotions, but not expressing their feelings.
    Fe: have trouble knowing their emotions, or interpreting them as something "own". can express why "something makes" them feel that way.

INFPs tell about something someone they know did.
    INFJs tell someone about something they know they did.

INFPs come to feel your emotions with you.
    INFJs feel the emotions coming from you.

INFPs open up to harmony.
    INFJs need harmony to open up.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by tibby View Post
    INFJs on the other hand can talk to the people they feel are worthy of that trust about stuff that bothers them and it helps the INFJ to solve their dilemmas by talking them through. Not talking about their issues will make INFJ ill.

INFPs don't pay much attention to their physical states: they may not notice they're hungry or needed to use the toilet or have a stomach ache etc. INFJs are almost hypocondric compared to INFPs: INFJs are very well aware of their physical conditions.
    So true! Right now I have a mild headache, a sore back, a full stomach (having just had a snack), and a tingly nose 'cos my allergies are playing up! I keep painkillers and antihistamines in my bag "just in case". I put it down to inferior Sensing (both Se and Si) which causes me to be super-sensitive to my physical body.

However, if I get really caught up in Ni-obsessiveness I can ignore my body's needs for long periods - but then pay a heavy price when it wears off and I suddenly notice how hungry/tired/sore I am.
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Enlightening!